Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Will Grail Form The New Villainy Inc.?

Darkseid and Grail hiring Giganta to steal Apokoliptian artifacts makes me wonder if eventually, Grail will form a new version of Villainy Inc. to strike back at Diana and possibly the Justice League. If that happens, who would you like to see on the team?

I'd go with:

Grail
    Giganta
    Cheetah
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Dr. Psycho
    Angle Man(whose Angler could be from Apokolips)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'd like Grail as a separate threat. She'd have to become more compelling and her motives would have to make a little more sense though.

I was happy with the Godwatch/Villainy Incorporated. It had all the bases covered except for Queen Clea and Giganta, but I'm not sure how Atlantis royalty would get along with Veronica Cale. They'd have to vie for leadership or Cale could manipulate Clea into using her as a physical powerhouse against Wonder Woman. Also I'd have no opposition to Veronica Cale becoming Queen Clea through some mystical means. She could be her earthly avatar or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'd like Grail as a separate threat. She'd have to become more compelling and her motives would have to make a little more sense though.

I was happy with the Godwatch/Villainy Incorporated. It had all the bases covered except for Queen Clea and Giganta, but I'm not sure how Atlantis royalty would get along with Veronica Cale. They'd have to vie for leadership or Cale could manipulate Clea into using her as a physical powerhouse against Wonder Woman. Also I'd have no opposition to Veronica Cale becoming Queen Clea through some mystical means. She could be her earthly avatar or something similar.

Maybe Cale has a water creature Clea wants to use to fight to get the seven seas to be hers

I’m interested in the subplot with Giganta too. (Although it appears to be over with her, based on where I read she’s showing up next.)

I’m coming up with nothing creatively regarding why Darkseid would want ancient Apokoliptan relics that somehow where jettisoned or abandoned on Earth in previous historical eras. And that the Female Furies are showing up soon, when Grail and Darkseid have been doing their Thelma and Louis roadshow as a duo without Apokoliptan interference. And that it’s weird that Steve and Waller don’t know much about Apokolips when one of them has been hanging with Diana since Darkseid first attacked Earth and throughout Darkseid War. The ARGUS database must be down or something.

Not so random questions of mine are: Who has been running Apokolips with Darkseid gone? What do the relics do when combined? Are the Furies coming of their own accord or were they sent for?

Regarding a Grail version of Villainy Inc, that’s an interesting thought. She’s got no one, except Darkseid, so she’d have to offer the members something valuable in return...?

If I were Cheetah and learned anything about what’s going on, I’d steer clear of Grail before Darkseid siphons the Urzkartaga out of me. (I’m not sure I’m loving this new ability of his.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-18-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Darkseid and Grail hiring Giganta to steal Apokoliptian artifacts makes me wonder if eventually, Grail will form a new version of Villainy Inc. to strike back at Diana and possibly the Justice League. If that happens, who would you like to see on the team?

I'd go with:

Grail
    Giganta
    Cheetah
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Dr. Psycho
    Angle Man(whose Angler could be from Apokolips)
    Nothing against the OP, ..but, NO DUDES, please.

Villainy, Inc. has been an all-girl thing, since the Golden Age. I think it should stay that way. Grail, being half-alien, is a GREAT stand-in for the Venusian Eviless - an improvement, actually - and your installation of her, as leader, is brilliant! [How did I not think of that, first?!] However, I also think VI should have a unique understanding of how to attack Wonder Woman that her male enemies don't, ..and that should worry Diana, very much.

Grail
    The Cheetah
    Doctor Cyber
    Colonel Poison
    Circe
    Silver Swan
    Giganta

Honestly, Veronica Cale is such a generic, TV movie-of-the-week, evil industrialist cliché ..that I'm fine with leaving her out. Rucka had a chance to make her a weird, faceless woman or to merge her with the new Doctor Cyber - to make her more interesting - and he didn't. She's a boring, female Luthor, and, while I think she's got more pathos, than Grail, I think the WW comic can do better.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-18-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

I'd prefer Grail would just went away and never came back.

Honestly, I would prefer Grail to go on a dark quest to resurrect her mother, the only person she ever loved, no matter the cost and consequences be damned. I'm honestly sad to see how her plot was used after Darkseid War. D.C. should have committed to her trying to teach love to Darkseid, in her own twisted way, perhaps even going as far as to try and reunite her whole family, with her the adult, Darkseid and Myrina as the baby. It would have been both fucked up, tragic and evil enough to be fitting in Wonder Woman, IMHO. Diana is a champion of love, understanding and happiness, after all, so forcing her to face an enemy which commits atrocious acts of villainy in the hope of getting back her mother and established a stable family (if a terribly twisted one). More than what Grail did recently sadly. I'm sad because I think that out of recent new villains, she had the more potential for a long term enemy of Diana (First Born also had it, even if even Azzarello probably didn't made full use of it, despite the way he depicted his tragic backstory).

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Nothing against the OP, ..but, NO DUDES, please.

Villainy, Inc. has been an all-girl thing, since the Golden Age. I think it should stay that way. Grail, being half-alien, is a GREAT stand-in for the Venusian Eviless - an improvement, actually - and your installation of her, as leader, is brilliant! [How did I not think of that, first?!] However, I also think VI should have a unique understanding of how to attack Wonder Woman that her male enemies don't, ..and that should worry Diana, very much.

Grail
    The Cheetah
    Doctor Cyber
    Colonel Poison
    Circe
    Silver Swan
    Giganta

Honestly, Veronica Cale is such a generic, TV movie-of-the-week, evil industrialist cliché ..that I'm fine with leaving her out. Rucka had a chance to make her a weird, faceless woman or to merge her with the new Doctor Cyber - to make her more interesting - and he didn't. She's a boring, female Luthor, and, while I think she's got more pathos, than Grail, I think the WW comic can do better.
    Agreed. To me they are a twisted sister. They trust each other but anyone not in their group is fair game. They are willing to sabotage other members of the other villains groups they are in but not each other.

I think Grail is doing everything Saturna did in her Steve Trevor one-shot, ..but, better. Grail's from Apokolips, an established DCU locale, while Saturna's supposedly from Saturn, which is considerably less developed, than Apokolips, ..and means nothing to any of us. Why not let her lead VI?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by koriand'r View Post
    i'd like grail as a separate threat. She'd have to become more compelling and her motives would have to make a little more sense though.
    same opinion..

I think Grail is doing everything Saturna did in her Steve Trevor one-shot, ..but, better. Grail's from Apokolips, an established DCU locale, while Saturna's supposedly from Saturn, which is considerably less developed, than Apokolips, ..and means nothing to any of us. Why not let her lead VI?

How should Saturna be developed? I would love to see more of her

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How should Saturna be developed? I would love to see more of her
    Truthfully, I haven't the slightest idea, Mizuno. She might make an interesting supporting character - a grouch, who is good in a fight, but annoys everyone in a comedic way...like Hera or Artemis? With Grail around, don't see how we need two scantily clad, despotic, alien super-villainesses bothering Wonder Woman. I've no idea what I'd do with her.

Did you have something in mind?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-19-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Truthfully, I haven't the slightest idea, Mizuno. She might make an interesting supporting character - a grouch, who is good in a fight, but annoys everyone in a comedic way...like Hera or Artemis? With Grail around, don't see how we need two scantily clad, despotic, alien super-villainesses bothering Wonder Woman. I've no idea what I'd do with her.

Did you have something in mind?
    Well, I would still keep her golden age of her being a human trafficking alien. I would add also for her to be an intergalactic gangster. That she is known for many crimes.If we want Eviless and Satura to be two separate people. One of the sisters tries to set up a base on Earth then after hearing her sister is caught she comes here to find her sister. I would add Oscira to the gang that Eviless and Satura are older than they look. Osira is also in their Gang. However, due to the plant they enslaved rebelling against her she tried to call them flew away crash landing on earth. She once again tries to enslave the people of Eygpt or the Banas. Due to this, they locked her away before she could get in contact with her friends. I do think due to this the Banas still should be more advanced.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-19-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Grail would need to flip back to her Darkseid War personality and not the current Darkseid’s babysitter role, but then I think she could find a reason and plot to want to destroy Diana via Villainy Inc.

I’d use Villainy Inc. as a way to revive some of Wonder Woman’s foes.

- Silver Swan
    - Medousa
    - Hypnota (all-new character)
    - Giganta
    - Doctor Poison
    - Gudra
    - Cyborgirl
    - Zara, High Priestess of the Cult of the Crimson Flame (all new)
    - Queen Clea

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm all for a return of Villainy INC, but I don't want Grail to have any part of it. Depending on the memberships, having the likes of Cheetah, Circe or Cale deferring to a newcomer like Grail would not be a good look for them at all.

I'd rather have Cheetah organize a new Villainy Inc, or become the new leader of Godwatch. Have her steal back the Seal of Apollo she obtained for Veronica and summon Circe to strike a bargain that would help take the edge off her curse, and allow her to transform back into a human for brief periods. And then recruit Dr. Cyber (who is on the outs with Cale) to help come up with a new cover identity (say...Priscilla Rich?) to keep the law from tracking her down. Recruit the likes of Giganta, Saturna and the Crimson Men, Col/Dr. Poison, Queen Clea and her Atleantean race, and serious revamps of Zara, Blue Snowman and Hypnota to go about her vendetta of destroying Gods and the Amazons as payback for her life going down the crapper.