Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default is john constantine bisexual ?

I was looking up different people bisexual on dc database "dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bisexual_Characters" and john contantine was listed and I was wondering if it was true or a tipo ?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yes, he is. Or maybe he just experimented for a while.

Always Rakzo

I like to think he is.

There's also evidence in the old Hellblazer series and Ray Fawkes has mentioned that he included some hints about it in the current Constantine series.

Oh, and in one of the previous Justice League Dark issues he was in an orgy that I'm pretty sure included another guy.

Which is awesome.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    I was looking up different people bisexual on dc database "dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bisexual_Characters" and john contantine was listed and I was wondering if it was true or a tipo ?
    Basically true. He's been in a number of serious relationships with women, generally flirts with women, and but typically does not flirt with men. But at various times it has been hinted/alluded that he has had relations with men in the past (though for the life of me can't even recall which of his writers have done so).

However to my knowledge its never been a part of his life as an active member of DC continuity. My basic take on it is that he's more a "we're all pink inside" ambivalent towards who-has-sex-with-what kind of person (even in cases where we wouldn't all actually be pink inside) then someone who is attracted to both men and women.

Let's say he is. What difference does it make?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon View Post
    Basically true. He's been in a number of serious relationships with women, generally flirts with women, and but typically does not flirt with men. But at various times it has been hinted/alluded that he has had relations with men in the past (though for the life of me can't even recall which of his writers have done so).
    John Smith has John mention an old boyfriend in his issue. Jamie Delano had Zed ask Ray Monde if he ever had a relationship with John, and Ray responded that he only had eyes for his deceased lover, not John. Brian Azzerello had John make out with SW Manor, but there was magic involved and it was part of a long con.

I think most fans of John do feel that he's bisexual, but other than Smith's declaration, the evidence can be interpreted either way. (I think if Smith had been given the book instead of Garth Ennis, he would have delved deeper into JC's sexuality as that's often a theme in Smith's work. I'm surprised that Milligan never brought it up.) My own personal take is that he is, and that he's been down for whatever in the past.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 07-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.

He's probably quadsexual.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's say he is. What difference does it make?
    exactly. He's a good characters who care who or what he bang

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh, and in one of the previous Justice League Dark issues he was in an orgy that I'm pretty sure included another guy.
    This doesn't mean he has sex with men.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    This doesn't mean he has sex with men.
    Then why would he allow another guy in his orgy?

It certainly can't be to talk about sports.

Satisfying the women? As long as there is no homosexual interaction between participants in an orgy all of them will be straight. You are not bisexual just because you have sex with a women in a room with another man. You are bisexual if you like having sex with both men and women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    He is, with an apparent romantic inclination towards mainly women but sexually he goes both ways.

Well, dicks come usually one per guy and if you are facing a ton of vaginas you wont be able to get to all of them in a way that satisfies each individual vagina's owner. He is Bi and probably gave that guy a look and maybe a bit of a handy (because who kisses in an orgy? That's just weird) but there being more than one straight guy in an orgy is not that weird, same with there being plenty of straight women.

Also, there is no I in orgy, it wasn't his orgy, it was their orgy.

BANNED

A gangbang with 4 guys and 1 girl isn't bisexual. All the dudes only want the girl.

It's almost like you'd say if you see a dong you're bi.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

At least during the Vertigo and pre-Vertigo years, it was mentioned in passing a couple times, usually "girlfriends, the occasional boyfriend" or something like that, or having other characters talk about the possibility of him engaging in man/man sex stuff without it being out of the realm of likelihood or anything like that. A few of his writers and artists have said they think of him as being so.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'm surprised that Milligan never brought it up.)
    I believe this was the closest he got.

BB