View Poll Results: Has Bryan Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after X-Men Apocalypse?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

32 58.18%
  • Maybe

13 23.64%
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

XMA wasnt a failure. It didnt do top tier MCU (Avengers, Guardians, Ironman & Captain America) or even it's predecessors money, but it didn't loose money either. It costed $150 and made over $540. Yep, half a billion profit on a $150m investment... fail. Even if they poured $60m in promotion, it still made back more than twice what it costed.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-01-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    True. That's the reason why i think that next X men movies will be more about fun and less about drama.
    This is not about what i want. I only tried to think from the Fox point of view.
    It makes sense, but I think that still oversimplifies matters. X-Men =/= Deadpool and I don't think Fox is just going to shift the next X-Men film to be more like Deadpool just because it had a bigger box office return. What worked for Deadpool does not guarantee it'll work for the X-Men. And besides, Deadpool is supposed to be humorous and fun and vulgar, and most people (especially his fans) knew that going into the theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    It makes sense, but I think that still oversimplifies matters. X-Men =/= Deadpool and I don't think Fox is just going to shift the next X-Men film to be more like Deadpool just because it had a bigger box office return. What worked for Deadpool does not guarantee it'll work for the X-Men. And besides, Deadpool is supposed to be humorous and fun and vulgar, and most people (especially his fans) knew that going into the theatre.
    Doubtfull. Deadpool is the highest grossing rated R film of all time. Fox won't make a mainstream X-Men movie rated-R any time soon because they still want it to be somewhat kid friendly. A movie a couple parents wont see a problem taking their two plus children to (thus paying $6-$8 each on top of the adult prices). However, it does make it possible to see solos and side team movies like Wolverine (Logan) and maybe even X-Force rated-R. But depending on the cast for XFO and what it'll be tackling, I doubt it. Its a fact, PG-13 movies make more than rated-R movies. Deadpool is the exception, not the standard. What helped Deadpool out by a couple hundred thousand was opening weekend. A lot of folk took their kids to see it... they may not do that again. The sequel may do the same, or perhaps a little less. But whats a little less than a billion?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

WhySoFuriousGeorge :
    What worked for Deadpool does not guarantee it'll work for the X-Men.
    I agree.

And besides, Deadpool is supposed to be humorous and fun and vulgar, and most people (especially his fans) knew that going into the theatre.
    Humorous super movies have better box office results. This is not only Deadpool but MCU movies as well.

superhero movies are supposed to be fun (looking at box office).

XMA as standalone movie look very good (box office) but what if we compare this with Deadpool? It looks weaker.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It costed $150 and made over $540. Yep, half a billion profit on a $150m investment... fail. Even if they poured $60m in promotion, it still made back more than twice what it costed.

No it didn't. FoX only kept 25% of the Chinese portion which was the majority of the revenue outside America. And they didn't keep 100% of the other foreign markets either. + Factor what Marvel takes from them as well.

X-Men: Apocalypse is the lowest performing comic book movie of 2016 both in total gross and opening weekend. It's the 7th lowest of the entire X-Men franchise. It's the 25th lowest of any movie with Marvel characters. 40th lowest of any comic book movie.

X-Men is trending in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 11-01-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No it didn't. FoX only kept 25% of the Chinese portion. And they didn't keep 100% of the other foreign markets either. + Factor what Marvel takes from them as well.
    I doubt that DisMarvel gets much money from those movies.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I doubt that DisMarvel gets much money from those movies.

Not much but it's a lot when the movie didn't make much compared to every other CBM in 2016.

Marvel got 16m for Deadpool so it's less on Apocalypse obviously because it didn'take that much. But even if its 10m that's still a nice amount

FoX didn't make this movie so it could do worse than DoFP.

I mean every single CBM this year did at least 300m domestic except X-Men. Shit they all did 100m opening weekend too except X-Men obviously. it's time to give the franchise to somebody else fox was so embarrassed they pulled the film after just 9 weeks.

Deadpool saved FoX ass this year
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 11-01-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Yes he has, he's just staying around because of past success and it's guaranteed work...

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I don't really care for Brian Singer's vision of the X-Men. Enough already of the Xavier/Magneto and Mystique. That has been done to death!!! Tell the story of Jean, Scott, Storm and the rest.

Although I liked the opening scene of X2, I never much liked his treatment of Kurt either. For me if someone else takes over, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thought X3 was better than Apocalypse. I actually felt something when Dark Phoenix went crazy on Charles. I felt nothing when Jean went Phoenix on Apocalypse. X3 also gave us the best Storm of the entire franchise(which is still not saying much). Best Beast and Angel, too. Moira too, for that matter. X3 definitely had a lot of problems(too many storylines, too many mutants, washed out Phoenix), but they pale in comparison to Apocalypse's problems.
    I disagree. I felt nothing when Dark Phoenix went crazy on Charles, Halle Berry Storm was awful all around, Best was great...but Angel, and X3 Moira were forgettable. There was nothing about X3 that I though was good or decent except for Beast and the golden bridge scene.
    Last edited by LocoSteve; 11-01-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I don't really care for Brian Singer's vision of the X-Men. Enough already of the Xavier/Magneto and Mystique. That has been done to death!!! Tell the story of Jean, Scott, Storm and the rest.

Although I liked the opening scene of X2, I never much liked his treatment of Kurt either. For me if someone else takes over, good riddance.
    Well that's what Apocalypse was supposed to do. Conclude one trilogy and kickstart another.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    X3 was better. the film flowed better and I felt the performances were better as well.
    The film flowed only downward around a porcelain bowl. Apocalypse exceeds X3 by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How about Fox tried to make the X-films into the MCU without the right architect to make it work? ANd while the MCU films are alot more...light at times than the more serious X-films, they also are able to go into different tones and story ideas.

If Fox wants the films to succeed, they need to back off and let a vision/idea person and some good editors step up and progress things.
    exactly, they need a unifying vision to plan what they want from x-men universe. x-men is all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No it didn't. FoX only kept 25% of the Chinese portion which was the majority of the revenue outside America. And they didn't keep 100% of the other foreign markets either. + Factor what Marvel takes from them as well.

X-Men: Apocalypse is the lowest performing comic book movie of 2016 both in total gross and opening weekend. It's the 7th lowest of the entire X-Men franchise. It's the 25th lowest of any movie with Marvel characters. 40th lowest of any comic book movie.

X-Men is trending in the wrong direction.
    So the movie didn't do as well financially for the studio. It still made money. Thats not the franchises fault, its the studio's bad deal with their foreign markets... They put a movie out there expecting to recover their investment on a 25% return to a very large segment of their market? That's absurd.
    Guild Member

Wrong spot
    Last edited by WeaponX; 11-01-2016 at 04:00 PM.