View Poll Results: Has Bryan Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after X-Men Apocalypse?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

32 58.18%
  • Maybe

13 23.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Has Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after Apocalypse?

The 3rd one is always the worst. oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse.here is how I see it, Bryan Singer got cocky after the sucess of DOFP.

He made X1, a film that started the superhero craze of the 2000s and above all, the film was one of the very first few comic films that made people take comic films seriously and look at comic films as something that could be intelltetucal and address real world issues like racism, prejudice and inevitable war.

He made the great X2, a classic comic film till this day and the best marvel film for me .sorry disney.I grow tired of childish movies.

He left for X3 and we got Brett Ratner who left us hot and cold despite the potential

Singer came back for First Class as a writer and producer and the series returned to top form. He got a lot of the praise for that.

He made DOFP, another X2 of the prequels and a film that showed how much X-Men is better off with the childish MCU movies like Avengers and Iron Man 3. DOFP is not just a good comic film but a good dramatic film with good story telling. Only the Nolan movies have gone there. the same nolan movies that nolan admitted were inspired by the singer x-men movies.

And then came Apocalypse. Singer felt he could no wrong after having 4 successful x-men movies under his belt. he got cocky and arrogant, he felt he could do anything and get away with it because of his track record and the film turned out to be a disaster. the 3rd one is the worst according to jean and cyclops and it turned out ,singer's 3rd film is worse then brett's X3 who he was dissing all along.

Singer is the perfect example of a talented guy who felt invisible with his craft after years of constant sucess, I hope he has been humbled enough with the outcome of apocalypse.

If he ever gets a chance to direct another x-men film even though I am ready for a new guy, there is a 90% chance he would return to top form again. maybe sometimes it is good for many talented people who got too arrogant as artists to fall , humble themselves and learn again and then, rise again.

I chose to poll this topic to see how fans feel about Singer and if has been humbled by the failure of Apocalypse after strings of successful X-Men movies and the guy who most people trusted for a solid x-men film.
    Last edited by Selina; 10-31-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: too long in topic

"oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse."
    Seriously? Apocalypse is surely not that great, but it's far from being worst than X3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse."
    Seriously? Apocalypse is surely not that great, but it's far from being worst than X3.
    X3 was better. the film flowed better and I felt the performances were better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    X3 was better. the film flowed better and I felt the performances were better as well.
    And trashed both Jean and Cyclops; and remember that Juggernaut knocked himself unconscious after running into a wall.

I personally loved X-Men Apocalypse. Jean finally got to shine.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Singer is a good director, with a (self admitted) bad imagination for action scenes.

Simon Kinberg is an amazingly bad writer.

The more you think about it, DOFP must have been a fluke for both of them.

Personally Im done with Singer and Kinberg. Ive had enough of their limited vision.
    A director that does a better job with non X-Men than the actual X-Men doesnt deserve to keep handling the franchise. They have been wasting too many X-Men all these years. Enough is enough

oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse.
    No its not. Imo, I would even say Apocalypse is on par with the first x-men film( which i don't personally think holds up today).

Xmen apocalyose certainly underperformed at the box office, but it still turned a large profit which is really what matters at the end of the day.

I loved apocalyose from a "fun" perspective but from a critical perspective I found it to be a step down from days of future past.

This opinion has me torn on whether I want singer to continue directing the franchise or not. I could go either way on this one. I think unless he makes a total flop or loses money on an x-film, fox will keep offering him the job if he wants it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I really liked XMA, but would have loved it much much more if they didnt kill Havok, neither Angel, that would have joined the team at the end next to Storm.
    Well, that and better roles for Storm, Angel and Pyslocke with Magneto having less screentime. But that wont happen with this director and writer, so...... sad.
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 11-03-2016 at 06:46 AM.

All comic book movies are childish. The more adult they try to make them the more pathetic they become.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Until he's fired, no.

I won't forgive him for butchering the X-Men mythos for his Wolverine fanboyism and how he butchered DoFP by taking away Kitty's spotlight and Rachel's origin to make it all about 3 old white men, and their young versions, with Mystique caught in the middle.

Mighty Member

As a Rogue fan I'm just disappointed she never got a chance to shine. I remember an interview with Singer in which he explained he'd cast her as so young because he wanted to develop the character.
    But sadly he never did. He could have in DoFP, but no. Instead the focus was on Kitty and Mystique. I loved Paquin's chemistry with Jackman; I wish she'd made more X movies with him. Instead we get X23.

Astonishing Member

It looks like Apocalypse will finish dead last out of the 2016 super hero movies in the domestic gross category. Most likely it will also finish last worldwide as well out of the six movies.

Loved DOFP. Hated Apocalypse. Time for a major overhaul. Go away Singer.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"The 3rd one is always the worst. oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse.here is how I see it, Bryan Singer got cocky after the sucess
    of DOFP."

lol'd.

I don't understand where all this Singer-hate came from. I wasn't a member of CBR or any comic forums until 2014 but after Wolverine: Origins people were crying for Singer's return. I hope they don't cry for him again when he dips out this time.

As for the OP, I'm not sure if Singer got cocky but he probably sat in his room like, "How TF am I gonna top DoFP?" then he looked at his comic collection and realized he shouldn't dip into the Claremont pile again and said, "Man, I should do an En Sabah Nur story before any else does" and when he submitted the draft script FOX told him "LOL, fam. You realize most of our audience are normies, right? Add some more naked Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman abs up in this bitch."

And that's how we got X-Men:Apocalypse.