View Poll Results: Has Bryan Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after X-Men Apocalypse?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

32 58.18%
  • Maybe

13 23.64%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    There is fans of the X-men outside of the US, you know.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    You are talking about Apocalypse being a bomb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You are talking about Apocalypse being a bomb.
    I didn't say it was a bomb in the financial sense.

I didn't say it was a bomb in the financial sense.
    It is definitely fair to say it under-performed. It was the second least financially successful of the franchise in the US market.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don't know, but they didn't get to see Deadpool when it opened and that's a shame.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The money FoX makes from overseas is less because the other countries takes a nice chunk of the $. So the actual # is a lot less when factoring in the WW #

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The hell you can't omit her. Have her disappear post-DoFP and focus on Xavier and Henry building a new X-Men team and actually spend all that time wasted on J-Law's empty XMA performance (not to mention Fassbender's pointless family subplot...did we really need to waste all that time establishing YET AGAIN why Magneto hates humanity?) on developing said X-Men. Like Jubilee, wtf was the point of even having her just to rob her of almost all of her lines and to save the one use of her power for the deleted scenes? XMA was a huge failure, made worse by the fact that it could've been absolutely breathtaking, a love note to the period of the X-Men that made them stick in our hearts over the decades.
    I was referring to your statement with regards to phoning it in on Apocalypse. You can't omit JLaw for being one of the problems with the film, especially since Singer and co made her the star of it, and she couldn't care less. Some "draw" she turned out to be. The character of Mystique can be phased out at any time.

Personally Im done with Singer and Kinberg. Ive had enough of their limited vision.
    A director that does a better job with non X-Men than the actual X-Men doesnt deserve to keep handling the franchise. They have been wasting too many X-Men all these years. Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Personally Im done with Singer and Kinberg. Ive had enough of their limited vision.
    A director that does a better job with non X-Men than the actual X-Men doesnt deserve to keep handling the franchise. They have been wasting too many X-Men all these years. Enough is enough

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    The 3rd one is always the worst. oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse.here is how I see it, Bryan Singer got cocky after the sucess of DOFP.

He made X1, a film that started the superhero craze of the 2000s and above all, the film was one of the very first few comic films that made people take comic films seriously and look at comic films as something that could be intelltetucal and address real world issues like racism, prejudice and inevitable war.

He made the great X2, a classic comic film till this day and the best marvel film for me .sorry disney.I grow tired of childish movies.

He left for X3 and we got Brett Ratner who left us hot and cold despite the potential

Singer came back for First Class as a writer and producer and the series returned to top form. He got a lot of the praise for that.

He made DOFP, another X2 of the prequels and a film that showed how much X-Men is better off with the childish MCU movies like Avengers and Iron Man 3. DOFP is not just a good comic film but a good dramatic film with good story telling. Only the Nolan movies have gone there. the same nolan movies that nolan admitted were inspired by the singer x-men movies.

And then came Apocalypse. Singer felt he could no wrong after having 4 successful x-men movies under his belt. he got cocky and arrogant, he felt he could do anything and get away with it because of his track record and the film turned out to be a disaster. the 3rd one is the worst according to jean and cyclops and it turned out ,singer's 3rd film is worse then brett's X3 who he was dissing all along.

Singer is the perfect example of a talented guy who felt invisible with his craft after years of constant sucess, I hope he has been humbled enough with the outcome of apocalypse.

If he ever gets a chance to direct another x-men film even though I am ready for a new guy, there is a 90% chance he would return to top form again. maybe sometimes it is good for many talented people who got too arrogant as artists to fall , humble themselves and learn again and then, rise again.

I chose to poll this topic to see how fans feel about Singer and if has been humbled by the failure of Apocalypse after strings of successful X-Men movies and the guy who most people trusted for a solid x-men film.
    I don't know what you saw, but X3 is not better than Apocalypse. I watched that movie once back when it came out and I REFUSE to watch it again. XMA wasn't among the top 3 X-Men movies but it was far from X3 and Origins. Far. Faaaaaaar.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why don't you wait until New Mutants to say that Fox should stop? They seem to be trying to rectify them wasting a lot of the cast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why don't you wait until New Mutants to say that Fox should stop? They seem to be trying to rectify them wasting a lot of the cast
    They've had 16 years, that's too much time as is. New Mutants at least is being directed and written by people other than Singer/Kinberg. So that is a step in the right direction, but no where near in the clear.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

No more Singer.

Switch.jpg

No more Xmen working wth CIA,All black costumes, and getting the characters voice wrong but just using them for powers hardly shown anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    They've had 16 years, that's too much time as is. New Mutants at least is being directed and written by people other than Singer/Kinberg. So that is a step in the right direction, but no where near in the clear.
    Definitely. I'm pretty excited for New Mutants so I'm hoping this is when they finally get it right. It just should not have taken 16 years. 18 probably whenever NM comes out.

oh the irony since X3 is a better film than Apocalypse.
    No its not. Imo, I would even say Apocalypse is on par with the first x-men film( which i don't personally think holds up today).