View Poll Results: Has Bryan Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after X-Men Apocalypse?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

32 58.18%
  • Maybe

13 23.64%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    X1, X2, and DoFP were awesome, but I forgot that every X-Men movie needs to be the equivalent of an Avengers movie, and be epilepsy-inducingly colorful, to be a good movie here.
    No,they just need to be about the XMen,not just one of them,their founder and two villains.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    I really liked XMA, but would have loved it much much more if they didnt kill Havok, neither Angel, that would have joined the team at the end next to Storm.
    Well, that and better roles for Storm, Angel and Pyslocke with Magneto having less screentime. But that wont happen with this director and writer, so...... sad.
    After accidently reading a spoiler revealing Archangel's fate and Psylocke's five minutes, I avoided the film, as they are two characters I love.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....eply&p=2388074

The early version of Ultimate Rogue didn't have Danvers' powers,and she was badass. In the first film Rogue was just a plot device, her chemistry with Wolverine was the best thing about her. In X2 she showed some real potential but X3 onwards she disappeared; Ratner replaced her with Kitty, and post First Class everybody stood back for Katniss Darkholme.

I loved the first two X movies but they really were the Charles and Erik story.
    But I honestly think Singer isn't interested in female characters much; I couldn't help but notice that in 'Jack the Giant Killer' all the men got to do the fun stuff while the sole female character spent most of her time looking pretty in a golden suit.
    I am not arguing against that she was treated poorly in X3. I am arguing Singer had better ideas for her. And X1 and X2 were spent building her character but he left and had no part of X3 sadly. And as I said previously I know there are comics were she is featured well without being a flying tank, but what do all the examples people are using have in common? They came after X1(2000); Ulimate X-Men(2001), X-Men Evolution(2001), X-Men Legacy(2012).

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I am not arguing against that she was treated poorly in X3. I am arguing Singer had better ideas for her. And X1 and X2 were spent building her character but he left and had no part of X3 sadly. And as I said previously I know there are comics were she is featured well without being a flying tank, but what do all the examples people are using have in common? They came after X1(2000); Ulimate X-Men(2001), X-Men Evolution(2001), X-Men Legacy(2012).
    How did X2 build Rogues character? She did nothing in that movie.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    How did X2 build Rogues character? She did nothing in that movie.
    except get upset over Eric and Raven teaseing her hair style.

She used her powers a few times without putting people into comas, while subtle is shows her growing into her abilities. She stepped up and got the plane to the rest of the X-Men before the dam broke. I will say as much as I enjoy X2 it is largely Wolverine's movie. It is part of his back story driving the plot.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 11-04-2016 at 07:59 AM.

BANNED

Not a fan of Jean or XM:A in particular?
    I am with majority. Apocalypse is in top 3 worst X-men movies. Wolverine Origins, X3 and Apocalypse.

Apocalypse destroyed my hope. I simply gave up.

I am arguing Singer had better ideas for her.
    He said that he has ideas. He didn't used them in X1 or X2 or other movies. This or his vision is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    He said that he has ideas. He didn't used them in X1 or X2 or other movies. This or his vision is terrible.
    I am pretty sure the interview I am referring to was after X1 or X2, and before he left Fox to work on Superman returns.

For all these extra ideas for Rogue he supposedly had in mind, why didn't he use any of them in DoFP? They even had a special "Rogue Cut" released just for that(since Rogue was completely absent from the theatrical cut....). Of course, all it consisted of was Rogue being a damsel in distress, needing Bobby to sacrifice himself to save her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    For all these extra ideas for Rogue he supposedly had in mind, why didn't he use any of them in DoFP? They even had a special "Rogue Cut" released just for that(since Rogue was completely absent from the theatrical cut....). Of course, all it consisted of was Rogue being a damsel in distress, needing Bobby to sacrifice himself to save her.

Time constraints on Anna Paquin due to her TV series? It was said in one interview that she was only available for a day or two of filming. I get we all would like more from movies but constraints on actors, studio and market demands are always part of the writing and filming process. It isn't solely in the hands of the director/writer.

BANNED

MikaelNovasun:
    I am pretty sure the interview I am referring to was after X1 or X2
    I think that what he said is less important than what he did.

MikaelNovasun:

I think that what he said is less important than what he did.
    It is WHEN he said it that is important. Granted he left and we got X3 so I agree with your point somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    She used her powers a few times without putting people into comas, while subtle is shows her growing into her abilities. She stepped up and got the plane to the rest of the X-Men before the dam broke. I will say as much as I enjoy X2 it is largely Wolverine's movie. It is part of his back story driving the plot.
    So, she did nothing? Ok.

BANNED

MikaelNovasun:
    It is WHEN he said it that is important.
    He had Rogue in 2 movies and he didn't had any idea why she is here? I don't think so.

IIRC, Rogue used her powers twice in X2. Once when she kisses Bobby and another when she steals Pyro's powers.

Mystique too, uses her powers only twice in Apocalypse, once when she saves Kurt and another when she turns into Psylocke.(Am I supposed to count when she is Katniss?)