View Poll Results: Has Bryan Singer finished eating his Humble Pie after X-Men Apocalypse?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 18.18%
  • No

32 58.18%
  • Maybe

13 23.64%
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    No its not. Imo, I would even say Apocalypse is on par with the first x-men film( which i don't personally think holds up today).
    I thought X3 was better than Apocalypse. I actually felt something when Dark Phoenix went crazy on Charles. I felt nothing when Jean went Phoenix on Apocalypse. X3 also gave us the best Storm of the entire franchise(which is still not saying much). Best Beast and Angel, too. Moira too, for that matter. X3 definitely had a lot of problems(too many storylines, too many mutants, washed out Phoenix), but they pale in comparison to Apocalypse's problems.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thought X3 was better than Apocalypse. I actually felt something when Dark Phoenix went crazy on Charles. I felt nothing when Jean went Phoenix on Apocalypse. X3 also gave us the best Storm of the entire franchise(which is still not saying much). Best Beast and Angel, too. Moira too, for that matter. X3 definitely had a lot of problems(too many storylines, too many mutants, washed out Phoenix), but they pale in comparison to Apocalypse's problems.
    this and agreed

Xmen apocalyose certainly underperformed at the box office, but it still turned a large profit which is really what matters at the end of the day.

I loved apocalyose from a "fun" perspective but from a critical perspective I found it to be a step down from days of future past.

This opinion has me torn on whether I want singer to continue directing the franchise or not. I could go either way on this one. I think unless he makes a total flop or loses money on an x-film, fox will keep offering him the job if he wants it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I guess that Bendis felt something as well, hence the Professor dying in almost the exact same way in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I guess that Bendis felt something as well, hence the Professor dying in almost the exact same way in AvX.
    It was actually one of the most visually amazing and heartfelt scenes in the entire franchise.

Taken on its own, it's quite good. If the movie had focused more on Jean and less on the cure, less on Magneto, we might have had something great! (And no, just because Apocalypse actually used the firebird imagery, doesn't mean it was better.)

Bendis's version was crap, but the fact that he played on it shows how powerful it was.

But Singer wanted more focus on the Phoenix in X3! It's likely that even Xavier's death stemmed from his contributions to the movie.

The only reason I'm not totally against him staying is because I'm curious to see how his interpretation of the Phoenix Saga plays out on the big screen being more faithful to his vision.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-31-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But Singer wanted more focus on the Phoenix in X3! It's likely even Xavier's death must have stemmed from his contributions to the movie.
    Well then maybe he shouldn't have run off to do Superman. Greedy douche jumped ship at first opportunity, and stole Cyke's actor with him. He never cared about the franchise, certainly not its comic book history and continuity; it's just a paycheck to him.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Well then maybe he shouldn't have run off to do Superman. Greedy douche jumped ship at first opportunity, and stole Cyke's actor with him. He never cared about the franchise, certainly not its comic book history and continuity; it's just a paycheck to him.
    but he does movies so well with staying in the character's voice like when Superman was a peeping tom, deadbeat dad err or how Scot was a minor Xmen character, err or how Juggernaut is not magical ... no just no
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 11-01-2016 at 05:26 AM.

It was actually one of the most visually amazing and heartfelt scenes in the entire franchise.

Taken on its own, it's quite good. If the movie had focused more on Jean and less on the cure, less on Magneto, we might have had something great! (And no, just because Apocalypse actually used the firebird imagery, doesn't mean it was better.)

Bendis's version was crap, but the fact that he played on it shows how powerful it was.
    Why this is the first time I'm agreeing with you yogaflame! What has the world come to? XD

I'd like to point out that the cure plot and the Phoenix plot CAN work together. In the original Dark Phoenix Saga, the X-Men fought to neutralise Jean without killing her with a device created by Beast, and she was ultimately neutralised by Xavier's circuit breakers before the final battle on the moon.

Replace that little sideplot with the cure and it works perfectly while still maintaining a coherent, single story. The cure is all about neutralising mutants without harming them. It would be a very effective way of posing difficult moral questions about whether it is worth it to cure Jean in order to save her life.

But no, the writers were terrible, and so the two plots never came together in a meaningful way even though the potential was RIGHT THERE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I was referring to your statement with regards to phoning it in on Apocalypse. You can't omit JLaw for being one of the problems with the film, especially since Singer and co made her the star of it, and she couldn't care less. Some "draw" she turned out to be. The character of Mystique can be phased out at any time.
    Oh, now I gotcha, LOL. Yeah, she looked so unbelievably bored in XMA that it actually took me out of the movie when I was watching it.

BANNED

I agree with this. Most people I know hated X3, and I simply can't understand why. Was it perfect? Not even close. Was it entertaining? Very much so.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I agree with this. Most people I know hated X3, and I simply can't understand why. Was it perfect? Not even close. Was it entertaining? Very much so.
    I thought it was ok myself too. I don't think it was a GREAT film but it was entertaining enough personally speaking.

BANNED

Singer did eat humble pie. Not that X-Men: Apocalypse was the worst X-Men film ever, it wasn't, and it didn't have the lowest box office sales either. However it performed poorly compared to the Avengers franchise. I think X-Men: Apocalypse would have been received okay had Singer made this film in the 2000s, before Disney uped the game big time on how to create entire comic book universe movies. Now this failure has forced Fox to scramble and 4chan has said that they have given the FF rights back to Disney in exchange for Disney's major help with the X-men film universe (and therefore shared rights like they already have for X-Men live action tv shows). Singer is DONE with the X-Men, and probably Simon Kinburg as well.

we wont be as lucky, mon ami.
    not yet

BANNED

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh, please don't change the thread to a different topic. lets all talk about the state of bryan singer's mind and the actual reality he has to deal with about apocalypse's failure after years of nothing more than constant x-men sucess.