Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Milo Manara Gives a Spider-Woman Gift to Frank Cho

    Revisiting one of comicdom's biggest controversies, Milo Manara gives Frank Cho a special Spider-Woman cover for "fighting censorship." I don't know how to spoiler a NSFW image so I'll just link it.

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...for-work-gift/

    Say what you want, these two are definitely defiant in the face of criticism.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 10-31-2016 at 02:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,249

    Default

    That is creepy and bitter.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Does Spiderwoman paint herself red to fight crime? Or use a thin sheen of latex?

    If Cho and Manara want to draw smut that's their own business. I just wish that they stopped acting like noble champions against censorship.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,099

    Default

    What's ironic is when I clicked the link, an ad for "The Mindy Project" popped up.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Mecegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Does Spiderwoman paint herself red to fight crime? Or use a thin sheen of latex?

    If Cho and Manara want to draw smut that's their own business. I just wish that they stopped acting like noble champions against censorship.
    They ain't gonna draw dick outlines for Spiderman so I don't know why they are trying to pretend they are.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    They ain't gonna draw dick outlines for Spiderman so I don't know why they are trying to pretend they are.
    One thing that as fascinated me over the years is that almost all male superheroes are drawn dickless or nearly dickless. And that's what fans want. When there's even a hint of something down there, like with Alex Ross's Steel, it's not well-received.


  7. #7
    Mighty Member Mecegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    One thing that as fascinated me over the years is that almost all male superheroes are drawn dickless or nearly dickless. And that's what fans want. When there's even a hint of something down there, like with Alex Ross's Steel, it's not well-received.

    I never noticed until high school. I was in my art club and the art teacher went on a rant about how the men were drawn like ken dolls after she found out that one of the club members wanted to draw for the big two. I could never unsee it after that.

  8. #8
    BIG...BLACK...MEMBER! WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    COVID STATES OF AMERICA
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    One thing that as fascinated me over the years is that almost all male superheroes are drawn dickless or nearly dickless. And that's what fans want. When there's even a hint of something down there, like with Alex Ross's Steel, it's not well-received.

    I remember that. Gives new meaning to...STEEL.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I never noticed until high school. I was in my art club and the art teacher went on a rant about how the men were drawn like ken dolls after she found out that one of the club members wanted to draw for the big two. I could never unsee it after that.
    I remember reading an interview with a female Marvel art department member in the Stan Lee days who considered this a pet peeve and would try to sneak in extra definition. Can't remember whom, though.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I remember reading an interview with a female Marvel art department member in the Stan Lee days who considered this a pet peeve and would try to sneak in extra definition. Can't remember whom, though.
    Probably Marie Severin, who once drew Spider-Man with 8 dicks for an office joke.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,099

    Default

    Manara has at least drawn a dick before. I'm not sure about Cho.

  12. #12
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Does Spiderwoman paint herself red to fight crime? Or use a thin sheen of latex?

    If Cho and Manara want to draw smut that's their own business. I just wish that they stopped acting like noble champions against censorship.
    If you wanna draw Spiderwoman porn that's your own business, this is the internet afterall, but at least get get your materials right.
    ...
    Cloth not working right in comics is a pet peeve of mine.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member Mecegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    If you wanna draw Spiderwoman porn that's your own business, this is the internet afterall, but at least get get your materials right.
    ...
    Cloth not working right in comics is a pet peeve of mine.
    But you just can't criticize any cheesecake artist. You just can't! No matter how shitty their art is. Doesn't matter that they don't understand proportions, perspective or how fabric works. Or if they'd get laughed out of the many fine art institutions worldwide.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 10-31-2016 at 07:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Weihai
    Posts
    7,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Revisiting one of comicdom's biggest controversies, Milo Manara gives Frank Cho a special Spider-Woman cover for "fighting censorship." I don't know how to spoiler a NSFW image so I'll just link it.

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...for-work-gift/

    Say what you want, these two are definitely defiant in the face of criticism.
    It must be so, so hard on them, to be censored so. It's a shame we'll never, ever be able to see the images they created and...

    Oh, that's right, neither was censored, they were just not used everywhere they would've lived and were criticized by people.

    It must be so hard to be Frank Cho and be criticized, then? Manara knows the pain.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

  15. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Probably Marie Severin, who once drew Spider-Man with 8 dicks for an office joke.
    If I could find that I'd make it my avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •