Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My artwork

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Last edited by Joe; 02-09-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

BANNED

Joe please, please, please, please get your stuff into a gallery. Any gallery. Go to an art professor, a college newspaper, a newspaper, or some kind of art seller, and find out about getting your work inside of an gallery. That is my best opinion of your work. I really could see this work being sold or printed as well. I could see these paintings as well. Get some opinions from higher ups. Also I would attempt to advertise your artwork for sales in related media or various merchandise. I could see it on those thick leather jackets ( I do not know if those are still in ), alcoholic beverages, condoms, certain kinds of cigars/cigarettes, as well CD/Record/etc labels. There is nothing stopping you from doing this right now, as your work is really nice already. However in terms

I can look at it, and there are so many things wrong ( ascetically ) However it is appealing as well.It is so American *, makes me think of Woodblock ( printing ), or even ink screening. This would make somebody happy to wear as a tee-shirt, pajamas, under garments, or maybe ( maybe ) even wall or door posters. It also have that graffiti look ( as I have seen graffiti similar to this ) that you see from time to time.

In fact it makes me think about how many artist used to draw and illustrate before changing there methods. However the images are extremely marketable as cartoons ( that they have meaning and definition ), and very well could be intensely animated ( like an MTV animation, back when MTV made animations, or even some kind of Animation-domination reel, or a music video ).

As somebody pointed out before. The typeface is kinda of boring nor matches the energy of the intensity of the work itself. IDK that depends on how feel in terms of expression. The un-professional-ism could match the type being used and still work.

Like when I was a young adult and young kid. We/I would often dislike/hate the name brand tags on the clothing. So many people would have the habit of buying clothing without or limited name tags or attempt to remove the tags/patches/etc. However nowadays I appreciate the Type, or icons, on the clothing. Not because I like them, but because I am educated to that knowledge.

In terms of professionalism or cartoonish structure ( Graphic design ) the current type used in you works does not taste good ( that is because I am brainwashed/educated ). In terms of youth culture ( see Logans Run and Barbarella series about youth culture ) it is very understanding of how you would feel about type. I would think the same exact way before I was educated. If I was doing this in the workplace with type. They would vote to change it. However in terms of directed audience they might leave it as is, or be creative with the type usage.

Only issue is that you can't sell most ( again most but not some ) of this stuff to children ( everything inside most comic book stores are censored ). So it would not appear in every single mainstream store. At least internationally. The adults will bite, as well as the younger adult audience. But most mindful parents would otherwise disagree with the work, as a positive influence. Other worlds would see this as a youth American counter-culture or temporary stage of life. As the saying goes "There is a place for everything and everything has it's place. Or in this case it's audience. I mean American audience usually have much negative imagery.

I would like to see more innocent variants of your works. As in the same way everything is but directed towards parents of young children for young children. Like how some parents dress there kids up like themselves for a day. I would also love to see much of your imagery showing regular things occurring in terms of dealing with the regular world. Right now your imagery would make a nice public space display, however it needs to be reasonable for the all kinds of people. It would also be nice to see a couple of figures not look so juicy and muscular at the same time, or a little bit off pace.

It is too easy to utilize this for political purposes as many Graffiti have been used for this in the past.

You mention earlier about the ascetics of comics ( showing off a Spider-man and Batman page??? ). I am sorry to say but in the athletic world, as well as the exotic ( rare ), people like that do exist ( you will see these people if you explore the world for a long enough time ). and these artists are using there abilities as much "to keep the panels looking interesting". If this was an art studio with nude people, the professor would say that you are making what "it is" instead of what "you is in front of you".

Again your work shows much energy, and all of those things ( the edges, shadows, shapes, expression, lines, etc, etc ) you did together ( if on purpose ) is what makes it something unique.

Take a look at the "Guernica by Picasso", because you just made me remember that work. Just like the Guernica you work is a puzzle to behold even if it is straight forward. It also made me remember one of my favorite lines referencing Guernica.

Spectacular Member

^^^ thanks for the critique. I will do my best to improve on the majority of my flaws.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Last edited by Joe; 09-02-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

Last edited by Joe; 09-02-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member