Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I happen to agree that the Legion cartoon nails the cool stuff about them without a lot of the murky mire- much like most X-Men shows. But I'd point to convoluted continuity issues that accumulate over forty years. Can I ask what you dislike stylistically about Legion comics? Just curious.
    I've just found most of the artists have been too old-school, and when paired with the names and the costumes, it can be old-school overload, and it ends up feeling dated imo.

I think the show gets the futuristic/old-school balance just right by having cleaner sleeker art.

I also think I gravitate to the show because of Clark. I think having a character from our world swept away to this crazy future with crazy characters like him is much more of a hook than simply "some future with crazy characters". Again, it's that same appeal of Harry Potter imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I've just found most of the artists have been too old-school, and when paired with the names and the costumes, it can be old-school overload, and it ends up feeling dated imo.

I think the show gets the futuristic/old-school balance just right by having cleaner sleeker art.
    That's fair regarding a lot of the really old Legion and Superboy stuff especially. I often go in for that when I want some childhood "reading comics at Grandma's" nostalgia (first introduction to the Legion was in an old Giant Size Jimmy Olsen she had in the basement and I just devoured it haha) but I can imagine it getting old pretty fast if you're not tied to that. Not all Legion books are like that, but a good number can be, for sure.

I also think I gravitate to the show because of Clark. I think having a character from our world swept away to this crazy future with crazy characters like him is much more of a hook than simply "some future with crazy characters". Again, it's that same appeal of Harry Potter imo.
    That's a good point too! I'm a moderate Star Trek fan so in some ways "superheroes in space" is already a great hook to me, but adding a viewpoint character like that helps. And obviously, it helps that he's also Superman, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

LOVED the series and was so disappointed it didn't last very long. It's very accessible and I was taken by surprise at how well they were able to utilize a character like Bouncing Boy.

BANNED

They need to make a young justice/Legion of SUPER heroes crossover ,or a new series with characters from both.i want a kon-el in the future with the Legion,getting to age,and having TTK,trying to be the Superman of the future

I want to say, I first saw this show when I was like twelve but I still, to this day, ship Kal/Brainy. It's just so obvious!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Matter Eater Lad made two appearances in this series. Plus the Legion of Substitute Heroes episodes is my favorite. Stone Boy rocked in that episode!

...see what I did there...
    I have no beef with Vegans