Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Spider-Woman #13 (Spoilers)

Well the tweets weren't lying folks. This was a heavy issue - but a VERY good one (in my opinion). Before we start - whoever decided to put Veronica Fish on this book was a genius. Her and Rosenberg are a great team.

Ok lets spoil the **** out of you guys.

So we open up with Jess taking out Blizzard and her inner monologue reflects on how shes adjusting to being a mom. She womps Blizzard (as expected)

Jess shows up at home soaking wet and freezing. Ben is on Gerry duty, typing away on the computer while the baby sleeps. He's surprised Jess is there but Jess just keeps walking and talking and jumps in the shower. After the shopwer, Ben tries to talk to Jess about Roger not being into the apartment and not to say anything about it. That Roger hates to disappoint her. Jess is fine with Roger not being there, kinda rights Ben off, grabs food from the fridge and hops back into the shower.

Guys. Jessica Drew eats candy bars in the shower and I find this hysterical.

We flash over to Rogers "Appointment". He's at a seedy bar full of D-list villains and I'm pretty sure that's Mockingbird in the corner (unless there's a villain with a similar outfit I don't know about?). Not sure what Bobbi is doing there but I think it's worth noting.

In an awesome bit of bringing all the threads together, Jessica heads up to Moon Hollow to check on it. The town is doing well - business is booming. Jess runs into Roger's Ex Olivia who isn't happy to see her. Bec mentions that Olivia and Roger have something going on that has nothing to do with Jess. From Jess' look, she doesn't believe it.

Jess lets Roger and Ben take a night shift finally. Ben calls Roger out on his feelings for Jess - and tells Roger to keep them to himself. With all the **** Jess has going on right now (especially her fight with Carol), they don't need a lovesick Porcupine on top of it all.

Out of now where Roger is shoving Ben behind a wall. Rogers former villain buddies show up and gang up on Roger and literally beat the crap out of him, taking his costume. Roger is tied up when The Hobgoblin shows up. Hobgobline is PISSED that Roger broke his contract - and leaves Roger on the roof, with a bomb in his lap.

You can imagine what happens after that. Guys seriously D: Like. We all knew it was gonna be Roger (i was in denial and said Ben) but guys. Roger went out in the worst way. OMG.

Jess is "reading" a bedtime story to Gerry and this scene is just too damn sweet and I can't take it.

And then a very broken up Ben shows up with news about Roger and our issue ends.

I'm so sad right now Poor Roger. Poor Jess!! Jess can't catch a break. First all the Civil War II bullshit and now this.

It was so damn good even though I hate it.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-02-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's Mockingbird in the corner (unless there's a villain with a similar outfit I don't know about?). Not sure what Bobbi is doing there but I think it's worth noting.
    While I realize there are bigger issues at hand in this book...

... I was wondering about that too.

Maybe...Maybe Roger isn't dead? Maybe Bobbi was undercoverish? Maybe she was able to save Roger's ass? One can hope right?

Or not Clearly I'm grasping as straws here.

We have to wait til 12/28 for the next issue guys. That sucks.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-02-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Anyone know why there's not an issue out on 30 November?

Maybe so Veronica Fish can get her Artwork caught up? Though this has happened with issues of Spider-Woman before.

Though Comixology has the release date for #14 as Dec. 7th.

I am confused.

Did I see a MALE Beetle among those villains that beat Roger up? The current Beetle is female, and the original is Mach X of the Thunderbolts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did I see a MALE Beetle among those villains that beat Roger up? The current Beetle is female, and the original is Mach X of the Thunderbolts.
    Yes you did.....and the reason for this is the same for the "Blizzard" (in which he was seen fighting Miss Drew). For the Hobgoblin is renting the costumes/services for super-villians as a business (and gets a 'commission' for whatever the villians take) and you saw the consequences of breaking any contracts with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Maybe...Maybe Roger isn't dead? Maybe Bobbi was undercoverish? Maybe she was able to save Roger's ass? One can hope right?

Or not Clearly I'm grasping as straws here.

We have to wait til 12/28 for the next issue guys. That sucks.
    oh no, wait almost 2 months for the next issue. Specially after all this heartbreaking cliffhanger

I would love to see mockingbird saving Roger on last minute, that cameo can't be random. But also can't expect this to happen.
    IDK the explosion seemed very bloodless

Someone on facebook thinks that Bobbi is a Hydra plant on the Avengers because of stuff that has been revieled in the AOS comic. No way is Bobbi Hydra - unless she's doing the triple agent thing that Skrull Jess was doing back in the day (Triple agent btw Hydra, the Avengers, & Shield).

But yeah..that cameo is one to watch. I am very very curious.

(and trying to distract myself from the Roger sadness)

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Yes you did.....and the reason for this is the same for the "Blizzard" (in which he was seen fighting Miss Drew). For the Hobgoblin is renting the costumes/services for super-villians as a business (and gets a 'commission' for whatever the villians take) and you saw the consequences of breaking any contracts with him.
    He's only supposed to be doing that with vacant identities though. Both Blizzard and Beetle are already in use.

BANNED

"Hopeless." What an apt name for such a writer.

Incredible Member

Roger is sitting on the edge of a building overlooking the water. No way he's dead...

I too doubt that he is gone. We didn't see any body. Dead (hehe) giveaway.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Well that bomb was in his lap. There just might not be any pieces left. Or Ben didn't look too hard (I know I wouldn't have if I was Ben.)

But yeah...I'm in denial.

Anyway, this panel made me LOL because it's ridiculous

weird.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 11-02-2016 at 11:11 AM.

BANNED

I'm hoping that Phil Urich makes an appearance in this series. I mean there is more than one Hobgoblin.

Still, it's a heartbreaking issue and one that would add to the overall pain that Jess is already feeling.