Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm hoping that Phil Urich makes an appearance in this series. I mean there is more than one Hobgoblin.

Still, it's a heartbreaking issue and one that would add to the overall pain that Jess is already feeling.
    Didn't Cindy put Phil Urich behind bars a few issues back in Silk?

It is heartbreaking because its the last thing Jess needs right now. Just went everything was going so great for her too. She finally has something of a family with Carol, Roger, Ben and the baby. Then CW II comes along and she loses Banner, Clint, and Carol. And now this. Not good.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-02-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm hoping that Phil Urich makes an appearance in this series. I mean there is more than one Hobgoblin.
    .....True, but Phil has been using the Goblin Knight (later to be called Goblin King) Identity ever since SpOck exposed him as the Hobgoblin within the SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Didn't Cindy put Phil Urich behind bars a few issues back in Silk?
    Yes, she did......which means that the current Hobgoblin is probably Roderick Kingsley.

It is heartbreaking because its the last thing Jess needs right now. Just went everything was going so great for her too. She finally has something of a family with Carol, Roger, Ben and the baby. Then CW II comes along and she loses Banner, Clint, and Carol. And now this. Not good.
    Yes, it's indeed a tragedy what happened to the Porcupine.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-02-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Anyway, this panel made me LOL because it's ridiculous

Attachment 41351
    And awesome, yeah
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Rule #1 - no body, no death

Anyway, this panel made me LOL because it's ridiculous

Attachment 41351
    Is she eating a candy bar....in the shower? Yep, ridiculous!
    Is there context for that? Like it being post Halloween real time or some joke that makes the panel make some modicum of sense?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is there context for that? Like it being post Halloween real time or some joke that makes the panel make some modicum of sense?
    I think its illustrative of her trying to do everything at once. IE, no time to shower... then eat. So, she showers AND eats.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Can't believe my guess about the Porcupine dying was right. Well at least that's what it looks like anyway but hopefully since we don't see a body then hopefully there's a chance that he's still alive somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Rule #1 - no body, no death
    I hope so. roger is too good to die this way

Is she eating a candy bar....in the shower? Yep, ridiculous!
    no, that is just Jess Drew being Jess Drew

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think its illustrative of her trying to do everything at once. IE, no time to shower... then eat. So, she showers AND eats.
    I just figured it was one of her quirks. I didn't think of looking at it that way but that makes far more sense.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-02-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's only supposed to be doing that with vacant identities though. Both Blizzard and Beetle are already in use.
    Well, we don't know that wasn't the current Blizzard (Don Gill) at the beginning of the issue - there's no indication that he's working for Hobgoblin.

Plus, there's no current male Beetle, so surely the Hobgoblin isn't gonna let a spare Beetle suit go to waste.

He's only supposed to be doing that with vacant identities though. Both Blizzard and Beetle are already in use.
    we've actually seen this male Beetle before. he was hanging out at the bar with the rest of Black Cat's gang of knockoff villains. technically, Janice Lincoln is wearing the un-licensed version of the costume. she got hers from Zemo and Fixer. and Beetle isn't the only duplicate we've seen that worked for Hobgoblin. we've seen his Grizzly knockoff (Bruin), Unicorn, Demolition Man, Tiger Shark, Razorback, and Water Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Can't believe my guess about the Porcupine dying was right. Well at least that's what it looks like anyway but hopefully since we don't see a body then hopefully there's a chance that he's still alive somehow.
    Well, Mockingbird was in that bar, for some reason. She can fly now, thanks to Spider-Man, so maybe she caught wind of what Hobgoblin was planning, and was waiting below that ledge to catch Roger? In which case he'd be injured (from the pumpkin bomb) and his costume is gone, but he'd be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    technically, Janice Lincoln is wearing the un-licensed version of the costume. she got hers from Zemo and Fixer.
    Getting her suit from the Thunderbolts is actually a legit way of obtaining it, considering that Mach X was the original owner of the Beetle identity. It's Hobgoblin that's the thief - which makes sense, considering his OWN identity is a copycat.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-02-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Did I see a MALE Beetle among those villains that beat Roger up? The current Beetle is female, and the original is Mach X of the Thunderbolts.
    I'm assuming that's the same Beetle that was in Black Cat's gang in that Silk issue where SHIELD busted up her operations.

Could be. And am I mistaken or did I see Diamondback in the bar too?

If Roger is really dead then I will be completely pissed off. I'm holding out hope that somehow Hopeless didn't do a tremendous job to give this guy great characterization just to blow him up off a ledge. What a shame and what a waste that would be. A bomb in his lap with no armor on a ledge looks bad though. Come on Bobbi save him! My favorite writer in the 80's was Mark Gruenwald and he went and offed the original Porcupine. How many times are they going to kill this character? I'll sit tight until it is confirmed. Maybe Roger will come out of nowhere at the end of Scare Tactics and kick the **** right out of Hobgoblin. I would frame that issue and mount it right on my wall. I'm in it for now. Unbelievable! As much as I am pissed it was a good issue.

Dennis if he is truly dead I want my letter of commendation back!
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 11-02-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Could be. And am I mistaken or did I see Diamondback in the bar too?
    Diamonback? I missed that. She was responsible for Gentry's death. Wow! Almost like salt in the wound. Guess I'll change my location now because I'm no longer hanging with Jess.