Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Could be. And am I mistaken or did I see Diamondback in the bar too?
    Looked like her. I also saw Viper in there, for some reason .

I guess Rachel really has gone back to being a criminal

Would see so. Possibly not? Or she was just in the background to be in the background.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Seriously good issue. Can't wait to read the next one.

Is Ms. Fish the regular artist going forward or just here short term? Loved her work.

I can't wait either - and Veronica said on Twitter she's contracted to issue 16 or 17. I really hope she's contracted for longer than that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    If Roger is really dead then I will be completely pissed off. I'm holding out hope that somehow Hopeless didn't do a tremendous job to give this guy great characterization just to blow him up off a ledge. What a shame and what a waste that would be. A bomb in his lap with no armor on a ledge looks bad though. Come on Bobbi save him! My favorite writer in the 80's was Mark Gruenwald and he went and offed the original Porcupine. How many times are they going to kill this character? I'll sit tight until it is confirmed. Maybe Roger will come out of nowhere at the end of Scare Tactics and kick the **** right out of Hobgoblin. I would frame that issue and mount it right on my wall. I'm in it for now. Unbelievable! As much as I am pissed it was a good issue.

Dennis if he is truly dead I want my letter of commendation back!
    I think they would have shown it, if he were really dead. maybe he's being promoted to SHIELD agent.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Mockingbird was in that bar, for some reason. She can fly now, thanks to Spider-Man, so maybe she caught wind of what Hobgoblin was planning, and was waiting below that ledge to catch Roger? In which case he'd be injured (from the pumpkin bomb) and his costume is gone, but he'd be alive.Getting her suit from the Thunderbolts is actually a legit way of obtaining it, considering that Mach X was the original owner of the Beetle identity. It's Hobgoblin that's the thief - which makes sense, considering his OWN identity is a copycat.
    Fingers crossed Digifiend as I actually quite like Porcupine in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think they would have shown it, if he were really dead. maybe he's being promoted to SHIELD agent.
    After re-reading this four times which I haven't done with a comic book in years; I'm convinced Roger is alive. Jess and Roger are going to bust up Hobgoblin and his cronies in the finale. Looking forward to it. Dennis just wants to get our feathers riled. He got mine riled. And if he became a SHIELD agent that would really be cool but I hope he stays in the pages of Spider-Woman.

Everyone needs to pepper Hopeless for Roger's return just in case.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 11-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Yeah I'm beginning to wonder that as well. There are just too many clues that could mean Roger is still alive.

And if Roger Is dead (or even if his isn't) - Hobgoblin just messed with the wrong woman. She's gonna give him hell. I hope.

Did anyone notice the Spider-Baby poster in the background on the page where Jess is reading to Gerry?
    Last edited by Seren; 11-03-2016 at 08:00 AM.

No body not death yet

I didn't expect to see Hopeless going there: porcupine in love with Jess. I wonder if he will solve that by porcupine seeing that is only friendship...

Did anyone notice the Spider-Baby poster in the background on the page where Jess is reading to Gerry?
    yes, nice detail

I was getting the suspicion about Porcupine falling for Jess in the last issue. However, it was made pretty clear from Jess' response to Ben trying to talk to her about Roger that romance is the farthest thing from her mind right now. At least that's what I took away from that conversation. I figure that's probably the impression Ben got and that's why he told Roger to not say anything about it.

If Roger has indeed survived, I'm kind of torn as to how I want that to go. IE: Jess realizes she loves Roger and romance happens. Or they stay just friends. Ugh. Why do we have to wait so long between issues?

I was getting the suspicion about Porcupine falling for Jess in the last issue. However, it was made pretty clear from Jess' response to Ben trying to talk to her about Roger that romance is the farthest thing from her mind right now. At least that's what I took away from that conversation. I figure that's probably the impression Ben got and that's why he told Roger to not say anything about it.

If Roger has indeed survived, I'm kind of torn as to how I want that to go. IE: Jess realizes she loves Roger and romance happens. Or they stay just friends. Ugh. Why do we have to wait so long between issues?
    it would have been entirely unrealistic for Roger to be uninterested in her; even if you ignore the pheromones that she pumps out. that I saw coming a mile away. but I'm just glad that he didn't do a heel turn/return to villainy.

Not sure how I would want it to go either. They have been hanging out a lot. For Roger to survive again, friends would probably be best. If they get together and it doesn't work then what? Right now I'll settle for just seeing Roger again. It is an interesting concept though. Now that Jess thinks he's dead (I'm going to be positive here until we know for sure) she might feel differently about him now. Feelings she didn't realize before. Hopeless can go in different directions with this. I don't know though. Jess kicked his ass for starters. He's been the babysitter. Doing all the dishes. She's been training him. Not sure if Roger is turning out to be her type. Roger needs a second chance for a lot of reasons. And now we have to wait almost two months for the next issue?

Not sure how I would want it to go either. They have been hanging out a lot. For Roger to survive again, friends would probably be best. If they get together and it doesn't work then what? Right now I'll settle for just seeing Roger again. It is an interesting concept though. Now that Jess thinks he's dead (I'm going to be positive here until we know for sure) she might feel differently about him now. Feelings she didn't realize before. Hopeless can go in different directions with this. I don't know though. Jess kicked his ass for starters. He's been the babysitter. Doing all the dishes. She's been training him. Not sure if Roger is turning out to be her type. Roger needs a second chance for a lot of reasons. And now we have to wait almost two months for the next issue?
    whenever they do something like this (have a supporting character become infatuated) it leads to the character leaving the title; unfortunately. something similar happened to 'Pug' in the She-Hulk series.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    whenever they do something like this (have a supporting character become infatuated) it leads to the character leaving the title; unfortunately. something similar happened to 'Pug' in the She-Hulk series.
    Well if that's the case then it does not bode well for Roger. Now I'm getting mad all over again. That's fine if he leaves the title but don't kill the guy. All that character build up ends up being wasted. Hopeless took a character nobody gave a damn about and turned him into a likeable character. How many writers can do that with D listers? There's more to this. There has to be. Hopeless is yanking our chain. There's going to be a big twist in here somewhere.

Well if that's the case then it does not bode well for Roger. Now I'm getting mad all over again. That's fine if he leaves the title but don't kill the guy. All that character build up ends up being wasted. Hopeless took a character nobody gave a damn about and turned him into a likeable character. How many writers can do that with D listers? There's more to this. There has to be. Hopeless is yanking our chain. There's going to be a big twist in here somewhere.
    It would still bebad get so much time on developing the character just so he will get out of the book soon.

I think it might better they stay as friends, but a romantic relationship can be very interesting for both characters.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-03-2016 at 03:41 PM.