Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Well if that's the case then it does not bode well for Roger. Now I'm getting mad all over again. That's fine if he leaves the title but don't kill the guy. All that character build up ends up being wasted. Hopeless took a character nobody gave a damn about and turned him into a likeable character. How many writers can do that with D listers? There's more to this. There has to be. Hopeless is yanking our chain. There's going to be a big twist in here somewhere.
    I wouldn't say that no one gave a damn. I can think of supervillains who got far less exposure. Porcupine seemed to be a guilty pleasure of several different writers; going by his appearance list. makes him sort of like Stilt-Man but more successful. what needs to happen is a live-action appearance (maybe in Jessica Jones series or the Defenders).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wouldn't say that no one gave a damn. I can think of supervillains who got far less exposure. Porcupine seemed to be a guilty pleasure of several different writers; going by his appearance list. makes him sort of like Stilt-Man but more successful. what needs to happen is a live-action appearance (maybe in Jessica Jones series or the Defenders).
    Maybe a Netflix Spider-Woman series?

Poor Stilty! Always felt sorry for him too!

I dunno. Jess really could do with a Netflix series, but I want to see her in the movie side so she can be BFFs with Danvers. I am so torn about that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I dunno. Jess really could do with a Netflix series, but I want to see her in the movie side so she can be BFFs with Danvers. I am so torn about that.
    Way back when Jessica Jones was going to be a show on ABC, Carol was going to Jessica's best friend, but she was replaced by Trish after Marvel announced the Captain Marvel movie. It's a shame, because Carol will most likely never be friends with JJ, but I would much rather Carol have her friendships with everyone else instead. The same goes for JD. The tv shows are an island, cut off from the rest of the MCU. We'll likely never see Spider Man hang with Luke Cage or DD.

Maybe a Netflix Spider-Woman series?

Poor Stilty! Always felt sorry for him too!
    me too; mostly because he was drawn to look exactly like Brian Michael Bendis.

Jessica fared a little better under Maleev.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Way back when Jessica Jones was going to be a show on ABC, Carol was going to Jessica's best friend, but she was replaced by Trish after Marvel announced the Captain Marvel movie. It's a shame, because Carol will most likely never be friends with JJ, but I would much rather Carol have her friendships with everyone else instead. The same goes for JD. The tv shows are an island, cut off from the rest of the MCU. We'll likely never see Spider Man hang with Luke Cage or DD.
    well not until Perlmutter leaves, at least. I was kind of hoping to see Scott Lang show up on the show. but they replaced him with the weird neighbor guy.

I am laughing way to hard at the fact they made Stiltman look like Bendis.

I liked Maleev's Jess but I have to be honest, Veronica Fish's Jessica Drew is quickly becoming my favorite. I feel like I'm betraying Javier Rodriguez by saying that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I am laughing way to hard at the fact they made Stiltman look like Bendis.

I liked Maleev's Jess but I have to be honest, Veronica Fish's Jessica Drew is quickly becoming my favorite. I feel like I'm betraying Javier Rodriguez by saying that.
    Fish's is much better. Maleev makes her (and most women) look kind of...hard. but he drew some decent action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    me too; mostly because he was drawn to look exactly like Brian Michael Bendis.

Jessica fared a little better under Maleev.
    Where is this from? Poor Stilty again. Now he looks like Bendis. That will tarnish his reputation even further now. Lol.

On a more serious note. This issue is really starting to bother me. Is Roger really dead or will he be back? I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. Any thoughts?

I honestly think it can go either way. I mean, there's not body - Roger was probably blown to smithereens so there's horribly probably not much left of him? The other thing is that there's a chance he could be alive because Bobbi was in that damn bar and she was shown for a reason. I mean, how could she not catch wind of something like this happening if she's hanging out there? Something fishy is going on.

I honestly think it can go either way. I mean, there's not body - Roger was probably blown to smithereens so there's horribly probably not much left of him? The other thing is that there's a chance he could be alive because Bobbi was in that damn bar and she was shown for a reason. I mean, how could she not catch wind of something like this happening if she's hanging out there? Something fishy is going on.
    Whether he's dead or not this is one intriquing storyline. I will hand it to Hopeless. He can keep you on the edge of your seat. Damn good issue even if Roger is dead. 12/28 is a long time from now. As for Bobbi? Big question mark there.

Where is this from? Poor Stilty again. Now he looks like Bendis. That will tarnish his reputation even further now. Lol.

On a more serious note. This issue is really starting to bother me. Is Roger really dead or will he be back? I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. Any thoughts?
    Daredevil 41 Bendis and Maleev's run 'Lowlife' storyline

the following panel is him handing his stilt-man armor over to Murdock; officially calling it quits. wouldn't be too long after that he was killed, iirc.

I just read #13, it was heartbreaking but amazing at the same time. Dennis is really showing his skills here. This comic really should be more popular.

Personally speaking I am convinced that Roger is still alive. The scene at the start with him entering the bar was to vague to not have any meaning, and like others have said Bobbie being there was a big 'What the-' moment. No, I am not just saying this because I really like Rodger as a character and the Jess-Ben-Rodger dynamic... alright, that is a part of it, but I still think there is a lot more to #13 then we understand!

Either way, I cannot wait to see Jess kick the Hobgoblins butt!

I agree. Spider-Woman should have more readers for as great as it is!

I'm STILL torn on whether Roger is alive or not. Part of me is starting to feel like he's really gone just going by what the solicitations say. And (and here is me being a horrible horrible person) I feel like if he were to be alive at this point it would almost be...I dunno. I think it would lessen the s takes of the story.

That said, either way, Hobgoblin messed with the wrong Spider that's for sure. He's not going to know what hit him. I hope Jess proves why her motto is "To know her is to fear her" That's all I'm sayin'.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-08-2016 at 09:40 AM.

I think considering the name of this arc is called 'Scare Tactics', this might in fact be staged. My conspiracy senses say that Roger made a deal with the Hobgoblin to scare Jessica into quit being a hero. This way Roger gets to be with Jess and Hobgoblin gets one more hero off the streets.