Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    This pattern of characters dirtying their hands so Cyke can keep his clean for the next writer is getting stale tbh.
    I hope the conclusion of this serie is not heading there.
    Actually Cyclops gets the blame for his actions 99% of the time and everyone gives him crap for it...
    If anything, if it's really Emma doing this how could you blame cyclops if he did literally nothing?

Did anyone else notice the slight glow to Emma's eyes as she was talking to Magneto? It made me think when he says manipulations, he means her in his head. She was using her powers on him, and he knew it. She would have to use her telepathy to recruit Shaw after how things were left. But also I think Emma knew that Mags might have started talking to Shaw even back then.
    Last edited by DiamondQueen; 11-03-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Actually Cyclops gets the blame for his actions 99% of the time and everyone gives him crap for it...
    If anything, if it's really Emma doing this how could you blame cyclops if he did literally nothing?
    That's my point: EXM and UXM have been crystal clear on Scott making this huge bad thing.
    Anything else but him doing exactly that would be a cope out from the creative team.
    Again, I don't really care about Frost to begin with, but her taking the fall here after all this teasing would be off-putting to say the least.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

huh....T-mists...An cloud of unknown chemicals wafting around the planet and everyone is cool with it...

Marvel just send a Memo,

Dear writing staff, M-day was pretty stupid. give everyone their powers back, and after Necrosha every previously named dead mutant except Negasonic teenage warhead and Thunderbird 1 is alive. Use them, you now have an ample set of characters to use without creating more characters to give to fox, Let get back to writing stories.

BANNED

That's my point: EXM and UXM have been crystal clear on Scott making this huge bad thing.
    Anything else but him doing exactly that would be a cope out from the creative team.
    Again, I don't really care about Frost to begin with, but her taking the fall here after all this teasing would be off-putting to say the least.
    Uhm actually they've been crystal clear on the fact that it's a noodle incident that nobody bothered to mention wich is already stupid in the first place.
    If anything making the real incident not done by cyclops is not gonna hurt anyone except the honour of those that keep on giving him crap and will lead to Cyclops joining the X men if he returns.

Now regarding Emma, she's a case of easily forgiven so I don't think it'll hurt her character, hell I'm sure some people will defend her . If Cyclops did the thing we'll never hear the end of it so if anything marvel would be avoiding unnecessary controversy considering that Cyclops just had enough

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Uhm actually they've been crystal clear on the fact that it's a noodle incident that nobody bothered to mention wich is already stupid in the first place.
    If anything making the real incident not done by cyclops is not gonna hurt anyone except the honour of those that keep on giving him crap and will lead to Cyclops joining the X men if he returns.

Now regarding Emma, she's a case of easily forgiven so I don't think it'll hurt her character, hell I'm sure some people will defend her . If Cyclops did the thing we'll never hear the end of it so if anything marvel would be avoiding unnecessary controversy considering that Cyclops just had enough
    I don't see that happening. Of course, it'll depend on the nature of the deed. If this is a mass murder kind of deed, then I don't see how Emma could recover from that.
    She's supposedly been reformed for years, it would destroy all that progression.
    On the other hand, Scott has been in this grey area long enough to take that final step. Otherwise, this whole set up crumble onto its ridiculousness.
    Now, the X-Office dropping the ball after all this teasing isn't out of the window either.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

I am 99% sure when series ends most people's reactions are going to be, "Wait, that's it? That's the worst thing Cyclops/Emma did? [Insert character here] did way worse thing than that and he/she was forgiven."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I am 99% sure when series ends most people's reactions are going to be, "Wait, that's it? That's the worst thing Cyclops/Emma did? [Insert character here] did way worse thing than that and he/she was forgiven."
    I imagine the same.

Amazing Member

At this point in Marvel, with Black Bolt releasing willingly a chemical weapon across the globe with only a slap on the wrist, as well as Wanda committing genocide, there is little that other characters can do and be judged for it that do not make other characters look as hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisPD View Post
    At this point in Marvel, with Black Bolt releasing willingly a chemical weapon across the globe with only a slap on the wrist, as well as Wanda committing genocide, there is little that other characters can do and be judged for it that do not make other characters look as hypocrites.
    yes, this is absolutely correct.

So, you're betting on the X-office dropping the ball. That's...very possible, yes.

"No justice, no peace."

This story was only ever going to be one of two things.

1. "Cyclops" does something truly awful but the real villain is whoever is mind controlling him. (the phoenix method)

2. Cyclops doesn't do much of anything and the real villains are all the people who are wildly blowing it out of proportion. (the last will method)

That they seem to be combining both to maximize the the non-culpability of Alonso's pet Cyke is probably the only way this story could have failed to meet my already low expectations.
    Bravo Marvel Editorial.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Just a theory I hadn't considered yet. I wonder if it's possible that scott, when exposed to the terrigen in issue 1, morphed into one of those inhuman cocoon things rather than dying or becoming sick. As in he's got hybrid inhuman mutant DNA or something. Emma could be blocking the otjers rom seeing it kinda like she could be projecting his image if he's dead or comatose.

I kinda woukd like to see this happen just to see people's' reactions.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Just a theory I hadn't considered yet. I wonder if it's possible that scott, when exposed to the terrigen in issue 1, morphed into one of those inhuman cocoon things rather than dying or becoming sick. As in he's got hybrid inhuman mutant DNA or something. Emma could be blocking the otjers rom seeing it kinda like she could be projecting his image if he's dead or comatose.

I kinda woukd like to see this happen just to see people's' reactions.
    Well, Scott's clone was the only one to which Sinister was sort of able to mix mutant and inhuman DNA (in the beginning of EXM run), that could be possible and an interesting story to run with.

However, I do not see why would Emma create this elaborate scheme if Scott was alive and inside the cocoon. I can see it with the menace of the T-mists and the shock and anger of losing Scott. Other than that, I simply do not think that it makes sense.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't see that happening. Of course, it'll depend on the nature of the deed. If this is a mass murder kind of deed, then I don't see how Emma could recover from that.
    She's supposedly been reformed for years, it would destroy all that progression.
    On the other hand, Scott has been in this grey area long enough to take that final step. Otherwise, this whole set up crumble onto its ridiculousness.
    Now, the X-Office dropping the ball after all this teasing isn't out of the window either.
    That would require them to be in charge of this from the beginning, which I don't think they were. It feels like they were handed the, "hey here's the new direction of your line, Cyclops is dead and everyone hates him but we don't know why yet, and mutants are more hated than before and they're dying from the T-Mists suddenly...have fun writing this we'll be back to tell you what happens after we get the pulse on readers feelings/outrage..."