Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Harley Quinn is going to a nudist colony for old people....why is this a story?

i never thought I'd think of naked old people and harley quinn at the same time

Nobody cared when Batgirl did this though

Because it's a humorous book and that situation is humorous.

Like, it's not my thing, but I can see the potential for comedy there, and I imagine quite a few people will like it. It's really not that complicated.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Because it's a humorous book and that situation is humorous.

Like, it's not my thing, but I can see the potential for comedy there, and I imagine quite a few people will like it. It's really not that complicated.
    it just seems like a idea that was obtained just by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded

like i could even come up with a concept for a harley quinn issue at this rate

demonic disco dancing weenie dogs from detroit invade the city and harley quinn has to save it with the power of polka and German folk dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it just seems like a idea that was obtained just by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded
    Okay...? So what? Not sure why it bugs you enough to make multiple threads about the same basic thing.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Always Rakzo

Thought this was fun. Once again, it makes fun of the fetishism of superheroes without actually making it offensive for people who are into this sort of stuff. Nice job overall.

BANNED

Hahahahaha! Haven't gotten to the issue yet but that's funny! It's nice having a book that doesn't tiptoe around outrageous elements to avoid offending people, HQ is still the best female led comic at the moment IMO.

BANNED

like i could even come up with a concept for a harley quinn issue at this rate
    Cool, pitch DC to give you a job as a writer then.

Because they want to make her the Deadpool of the DCU. She has taken Lobo's crown.

demonic disco dancing weenie dogs from detroit invade the city and harley quinn has to save it with the power of polka and German folk dancing
    Wouldn't work. The citizens of Detroit worked to end Disco's reign.

WRIF-DREAD-Detroit-Rockers-Engaged-in-the-Abolition-of-Disco-Card.jpg

....Because not every comic is created with you in mind as a potential audience member, and you really need to learn to be okay with that??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    ....Because not every comic is created with you in mind as a potential audience member, and you really need to learn to be okay with that??
    what audience member would be interested in nudist related mishaps?

Anyone who finds that sort of thing funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Anyone who finds that sort of thing funny.
    I think it's funny.

Audience members who are interested in nude people? Who find humor in confronting modern notions of prudery about sex and nakedness with situations and people that embrace that kind of thing?

Look, we get it. The subtext of your posts is your inability (or is it refusal?) to accept that there are people who are interested in things that you aren't, be they story ideas or how comic creators approach how to create the comics they produce. Both the creators of comics you don't like and the audiences of those comics simply don't care whether or not you like them, especially when it seems like you don't even read the comics you complain about. Unless it's a book you're buying and reading, you'd probably be a lot happier just ignoring the stuff you don't like (especially when it seems you're only complaining about stuff you heard about secondhand).