Default Who's Ready For A Sonic Movie

http://nichegamer.com/2016/11/01/liv...pool-director/

Will it be good? Will it be bad? If it is bad, will it be as entertainingly bad as the Mario movie?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Given it has a Deadpool producer working on it, I bet it will be at the very least a pretty entertaining ride. I for one am ready for this as well as the Alex Hirsch Pokemon movie and the upcoming animated Super Mario Bros. Film. I hope they all turn out well!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

As long as Sonic is played by Jaleel White, I'm fine.

I don't mean that Jaleel White would be the voice of Sonic. Urkel is going to be spraypainted blue and running around au natural + shoes.

I'll reserve judgement until I get a better idea of the direction and look they're going for with the film, and how true to the games it'll end up being, but I hope they at least use the current game VA's rather then do some celebrity stunt-casting.

Though with it being a hybrid of CG and live-action, I'm not sure what that might mean for Eggman...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until I get a better idea of the direction and look they're going for with the film, and how true to the games it'll end up being, but I hope they at least use the current game VA's rather then do some celebrity stunt-casting.

Though with it being a hybrid of CG and live-action, I'm not sure what that might mean for Eggman...
    They should get Christopher Lloyd or Christopher Walken to play Robotnik! XD.

Also they should go back to calling him Robotnik because that is a much better villian name then Eggman!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Just handle that how Sonic Adventure 1 did. That's the game that revealed his real name was Eggman, but the Robotnik name was still used too, established as a nickname. For some reason Sonic Adventure 2 ditched this and had the doc start calling himself Eggman.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just handle that how Sonic Adventure 1 did. That's the game that revealed his real name was Eggman, but the Robotnik name was still used too, established as a nickname. For some reason Sonic Adventure 2 ditched this and had the doc start calling himself Eggman.

Actually it was the other way around. His name was Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. Implying Eggman was the nickname. Why they dropped that after SA1 I have no idea.

I'll be legitimately surprised if they reference his name being Robotnik, since that hasn't come up in-canon for years outside a one-off joke in Generations.

I mean, maybe if Shadow shows up and they reference Gerald, but that seems like a long-shot.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    They should get Christopher Lloyd or Christopher Walken to play Robotnik! XD.

Also they should go back to calling him Robotnik because that is a much better villian name then Eggman!
    They should get a surviving member of the Beatles to play Eggman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

I don't mean that Jaleel White would be the voice of Sonic. Urkel is going to be spraypainted blue and running around au natural + shoes.
    than it would be Floppy The Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

Still better than Sonic '06.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'd just hope it'd be a action comedy.

I just hope it's different from Boom .

And I say this as a Sonic fan who for the most part can enjoy Boom for what it is.

I can't wait to be soul crushingly disappointed by this franchise in an entirely new medium!

Astonishing Member

I can't wait.