All-New Member

Default What happened to the Marvel Masterworks Forums?

These seem to have gone down for me a few days ago. Was I banned or is the site down for anyone else?

I haven't been able to connect either? Maybe Gormuu didn't pay the Yuku bill on time? Glad you started this thread because I was going to Google this exact question! Anybody heard anything?

All-New Member

Well this sucks. Looks like it's going to be harder for Jeph York to know which material people want, especially without the yearly Omnibus poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
    Well this sucks. Looks like it's going to be harder for Jeph York to know which material people want, especially without the yearly Omnibus poll.
    The marvelmasterworks.com primary site is up, it's the YUKU piece that's down. So yeah, either a billing issue or else an IT issue. Hopefully it'll be back up shortly. There and here is where I get pretty much all of my info! :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Seems to be back up as of this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
    What? He can't come over to this thread to see what over-priced, paper-thin **** omnibus books people want that they probably won't publish?

It's up! This is the first time in days its come up for me.

EDIT: it's barely working for me at all. I can't get anything but the first page to come up.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 11-03-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What? He can't come over to this thread to see what over-priced, paper-thin **** omnibus books people want that they probably won't publish?
    Lol! I've never seen Jeph post here.

They had server problems, similar to what happened a month or so ago. According to the Yuku help forums, several boards have now been moved to new servers, which apparently took longer than they expected but which should prevent such issues from happening for the next few years (fingers crossed).

All-New Member

Shame that the forums are read only now and I can't post there.

Fantastic Member

The MMW forums are still having problems as of right now; very slow at times, and the search engine doesn't seem to work at all.

Too bad, because CBR & the MMW site are the two main comic forums I go to these days.

EDIT: Still slow as of 11/11/2016. I wonder if the site is on it's last legs?!
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 11-11-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Amazing Member

They need to switch hosts or something as the site has been up and down constantly for weeks now, today it's gone again it seems. A shame as it's a fantastic forum but the system hosting it is not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy Ace View Post
    They need to switch hosts or something as the site has been up and down constantly for weeks now, today it's gone again it seems. A shame as it's a fantastic forum but the system hosting it is not so good.
    Funny you mentioned that. I visited the site last night and then came back to it this morning and POOF! Gone.
    I hope they get it back online as well. Very cool homegrown hardcover collected editions/pictures over there.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Fantastic Member

The MMW forum is an amazing site. I've been going there for info. since around 2009, and it's obvious that folks who work for Marvel (and possibly DC) post there as well.

A lot of great info. available here. And, a lot of very informed & knowledgable fans post on the site.

I also credit the site as being indirectly (or maybe directly!) responsible for the publication of a lot of sought-after CE's over the years. I remember when the recent MOKF Omnis seemed like an impossibility a scant several years ago. However, there were a lot of polls/etc. on the site re: potential MOKF Omnis, and I think the obvious interest that fans exhibited for this title was instrumental in Marvel going after the license (again) & straightening out all of the copyright/licensing issues - so that we are now getting the entire MOKF series & DHOKF series in Omni format!

That all being said, the site is still very slow these days - and, unfortunately, the search engine doesn't appear to work at all now - not sure why.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 11-22-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    The MMW forum is an amazing site. I've been going there for info. since around 2009, and it's obvious that folks who work for Marvel (and possibly DC) post there as well.

A lot of great info. available here. And, a lot of very informed & knowledgable fans post on the site.

I also credit the site as being indirectly (or maybe directly!) responsible for the publication of a lot of sought-after CE's over the years. I remember when the recent MOKF Omnis seemed like an impossibility a scant several years ago. However, there were a lot of polls/etc. on the site re: potential MOKF Omnis, and I think the obvious interest that fans exhibited for this title was instrumental in Marvel going after the license (again) & straightening out all of the copyright/licensing issues - so that we are now getting the entire MOKF series & DHOKF series in Omni format!

That all being said, the site is still very slow these days - and, unfortunately, the search engine doesn't appear to work at all now - not sure why.
    Your info is interesting as well! Do you make your own or have Dick Grayson help with Custom Binding too?
    I got back into collecting hardcore earlier this year. Someone mentioned that site, so I searched and found it.
    I had been buying DC Omni's & HC's like crazy and then saw that place and wanted to start getting some of my TPB collections bound.
    I wanted to learn to do it by myself but couldn't figure it out, and everyone at CBR highly recommended Dick Grayson, so he will be doing several for me pretty soon.
    What about you? What have or what are you doing?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....