Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Clone conspiracy #2 preview

The clone conspiracy #2 preview

Well... I honestly like Otto bashing on Peter's technology. And the art is excellent as well!

Amazing Member

So.. all that crap in Spider-Verse just to bring back Doc Ock as his old one-dimensional villain? Yawn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    So.. all that crap in Spider-Verse just to bring back Doc Ock as his old one-dimensional villain? Yawn.
    you and a lot of others here must have read something other than what i read because Ock was ALWAYS the villain in superior and he was always the same dick we see here. There is absolutely NOTHING that Ock did in superior to signify he ever changed. All he was was greedy and obsessed with Anna Maria

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post

Well... I honestly like Otto bashing on Peter's technology. And the art is excellent as well!
    Same old Pete vs Otto battle. Otto starts out with the upper hand bragging about how brilliant he is while gloating about how pathetic Peter is. It always ends with Peter defeating Otto because Otto gets overconfident and smug.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post

It is hard to tell if Otto underestimates Peter or overestimates himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    It is hard to tell if Otto underestimates Peter or overestimates himself.
    Both actually......however, this 'Clone' of Doc Ock have his memories prior to his 'return' from the SPIDER-VERSE Event.

What's Anna Maria going to think when Peter tells her that the Living Brain was actually Otto?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    you and a lot of others here must have read something other than what i read because Ock was ALWAYS the villain in superior and he was always the same dick we see here. There is absolutely NOTHING that Ock did in superior to signify he ever changed. All he was was greedy and obsessed with Anna Maria
    He was the antagonist in Superior, however while he was being a dick about it he was trying to be a hero and genuinely tried to do the right thing. He tracked Carrion and dissipated him before he could take over Hyperion, he was going to turn himself in and get Peter back before Namor convinced him otherwise, he was more effective than Peter in Spiderverse as he was trying everything to save himself and his fellow spiders from extinction, and kept crime off the streets of New York and took his role of a superhero seriously. During Infinity he was even assisting rescue efforts throughout the city.

Otto was the antagonist but he did grow over the Superior Spider-man saga.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's Anna Maria going to think when Peter tells her that the Living Brain was actually Otto?
    Was TLB ever caught peeking at her in the shower?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Was TLB ever caught peeking at her in the shower?

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

"I've been preparing for months"... didn't Living Brain blow up just a few days ago in comic time? Sure he could find the time to insulate his tentacles and make countermeasures for all that webbing tech, since wandering in secret labs is all these clones seem to do, but that's still technically days, not months.

Also: Mark Bagley, man -what an amazing artist.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Same old Pete vs Otto battle. Otto starts out with the upper hand bragging about how brilliant he is while gloating about how pathetic Peter is. It always ends with Peter defeating Otto because Otto gets overconfident and smug.
    well yeah, that's comic books for ya
    troo fan or death

Amazing Member

I may be right,or wrong on this one, but I think Ock here is essentially another clone this time.
    I mean.. At the end of Spiderverse, got to copy his mind inside his Anna A.I, essentially getting an "Ock A" and "Ock B".
    Ock A got transported right back into the middle of Superior Run, then willingly decided to banish by returning Pete's body to him, so he could end GoblinKing's threat, and save his love, Anna. (He got his redemption after +60 years of being a villain if you think about it).
    Ock B was his Mind copy before all that. He never reformed, and now got a new body to continue to be the villain/antagonist we know.

It's hard to explain, but I consider Ock A the real Otto, the villain who died a hero. OckB is just his.. copy I guess?

I believe Gwen's case to be different tho..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhongomyniad View Post
    I may be right,or wrong on this one, but I think Ock here is essentially another clone this time.
    I mean.. At the end of Spiderverse, got to copy his mind inside his Anna A.I, essentially getting an "Ock A" and "Ock B".
    Ock A got transported right back into the middle of Superior Run, then willingly decided to banish by returning Pete's body to him, so he could end GoblinKing's threat, and save his love, Anna. (He got his redemption after +60 years of being a villain if you think about it).
    Ock B was his Mind copy before all that. He never reformed, and now got a new body to continue to be the villain/antagonist we know.

It's hard to explain, but I consider Ock A the real Otto, the villain who died a hero. OckB is just his.. copy I guess?

I believe Gwen's case to be different tho..
    Correct-a-mundo...!!

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    "I've been preparing for months"... didn't Living Brain blow up just a few days ago in comic time? Sure he could find the time to insulate his tentacles and make countermeasures for all that webbing tech, since wandering in secret labs is all these clones seem to do, but that's still technically days, not months.

Also: Mark Bagley, man -what an amazing artist.
    I take that to mean that he's been preparing mentally for months - he's been designing countermeasures for Peter's new tech in his head all this time, and now that he's back in a body with manual dexterity, all he had to do was build it.

Also, I wouldn't be so sure that Ock has abandoned his character development - remember, we don't know what exactly the Jackal is up to here, but he's managed to convince good, decent people like Hobie Brown, Marla Madison, and Gwen Stacy to work with him, so it's not like he's planning to blow up the ocean or anything. Maybe it is something seemingly altruistic.