Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman 2017

New Wonder Woman trailer drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZcgL41_bYE

Decent looking action scenes, though I personally don't generally like the Matrix-style slow-motion bullets. I don't really get the story though. It looks for all the world like Wonder Woman is fighting the Kaiser. That's not a bad sub-plot I guess, but who's the real villain?

Granted this has a couple of strikes against it since I've been burned by every WB superhero movie since The Dark Knight, and I'm not likely to give this one a chance to prove itself better. But the trailer does leave me yawning at the lack of any hint of a plot worthy of Wonder Woman.

The plot seems to be traditional Wonder Woman story...Steve Trevor crash lands on Themyscira, revealing to the Amazons the turmoiol in Man's World, and Diana becomes Wonder Woman to help resolve it.

The only difference being the backdrop is World War 1, the "war to end all wars."

After all of the complaints on this board about WB "showing too much" with the BvS trailers, you just can't be taken seriously if you're "yawning at lack of plot" reveals in the WW trailers lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Okay , I know it will get more gray in "Man's world' and with some justification, but my first thought on that beautiful shot with the Island coast was "See the ocean and sky, Snyder ? That's called the color BLUE... isn't it glorious?"
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Okay , I know it will get more gray in "Man's world' and with some justification, but my first thought on that beautiful shot with the Island coast was "See the ocean and sky, Snyder ? That's called the color BLUE... isn't it glorious?"
    And Themyscira looks very majestic and beautiful .

BANNED

Gal Gadot is gorgeous and looks great as Wonder Woman...but the girl can't act for shit.

I'm still not convinced that she can carry her own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Themyscira looks very majestic and beautiful .
    Heck yes, I'm loving everything I'm seeing about Themyscira so far. Cannot wait to see it on the big screen.... heck, I may be tempted by IMAX for this...and I almost never go to those.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    After all of the complaints on this board about WB "showing too much" with the BvS trailers, you just can't be taken seriously if you're "yawning at lack of plot" reveals in the WW trailers lol
    You didn't hear that from me. But there's a difference between too many plot reveals and presenting the basis of the movie's conflict. Based on this trailer, it almost looks like the hero who fought doomsday to a standstill spends her origin movie bouncing bullets off her bracelets and not much more. Whee does the real conflict come from? Does a real conflict even exist?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    You didn't hear that from me. But there's a difference between too many plot reveals and presenting the basis of the movie's conflict. Based on this trailer, it almost looks like the hero who fought doomsday to a standstill spends her origin movie bouncing bullets off her bracelets and not much more. Whee does the real conflict come from? Does a real conflict even exist?
    Tell me about it!

I watched the trailer for the first Thor movie and it showed him struggling to fight a bunch SHIELD agents.

Isn't Thor a god? Why is he going hand to hand with a bunch of mortals?

It made no sense.

BANNED

Looks stylish.

BANNED

Thor was depowered at that point. WW doesn't seem depowered which is why her rekting WW1 Era soldiers does not impress

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    the grey part IMHO doesn't seem to be Men's World but the trenches and the Timeperiod (to quote Tolkien "We were all Orcs in the Great War")
    Last edited by LordLeviathan; 11-03-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Loved those bracelet scenes.

Spectacular Member

The trailer looks great. This will be an awesome movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Gal Gadot is gorgeous and looks great as Wonder Woman...but the girl can't act for shit.

I'm still not convinced that she can carry her own movie.
    That is really obvious in the trailer, I watched it twice and thought how she going to carry this film. Hopefully its good, but I really don't want to say that about another dc film.