All-New Member

Default Absolute Dark Knight

Does anybody know whether Absolute Dark Knight is still in print, out-of-print, or perhaps scheduled for reprinting? A cursory search of online comic book stores seem to suggest that it is out of print. Before going onto the second-hand market, I just wanted to know if there are any rumours or news about the item being reprinted in the future - I might just wait for that if that is indeed the case. Cheers!

Its currently OOP.
    Ive heard nothing of a reprint but personally id say its only a matter of time. Its pretty much an evergreen book for DC in trade and with there being an inevitable Absolute DK3 coming somewhere down the line i wouldnt be surprised for Absolute Dark Knight to get a reprint again.

All-New Member

How often does DC reprint their stuff? I get the impression they're not so good with reprints, at least compared to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chan180 View Post
    How often does DC reprint their stuff? I get the impression they're not so good with reprints, at least compared to Marvel.
    I've always thought the oppposite. DC is pretty good at keeping there stuff in print compared to Marvel. They just don't announce it like Marvel does. I know omnis/absolutes such as Watchmen, Hush, Planetary, and Sleeper have all had multiple printings. I'd imagine they would reprint the Dark Knight Absolute eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've always thought the oppposite. DC is pretty good at keeping there stuff in print compared to Marvel. They just don't announce it like Marvel does. I know omnis/absolutes such as Watchmen, Hush, Planetary, and Sleeper have all had multiple printings. I'd imagine they would reprint the Dark Knight Absolute eventually.
    Not so sure about that..i'm still waiting for a reprint of the Teen Titans omnis 1 and 2 (Wolfman & Perez)

Quote Originally Posted by namor View Post
    Not so sure about that..i'm still waiting for a reprint of the Teen Titans omnis 1 and 2 (Wolfman & Perez)
    I'm also waiting on the Eternals, Uncanny X-force, Original X-men, Thor by Simonson, Wolverine, and Punisher reprints from Marvel. Marvel's OOP list is a lot longer (I think. I haven't actually counted).

All-New Member

Is there a general rule of thumb in terms of time it takes for reprints? Are we talking 2-3 year waits, or 5+ years?

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chan180 View Post
    Is there a general rule of thumb in terms of time it takes for reprints? Are we talking 2-3 year waits, or 5+ years?
    If and/or when the do reprint ADK, I hope they reformat the new edition to match the the other newer Batman Absolute Editions and opt for a printed/embossed cover versus a dust jacket. The overall presentation of the newer Absolute Editions seem sturdier and less hassle to maintain in nice condition after multiple readings.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Except they WON'T reprint for some stupid reason: The New Teen Titans 1 and 2 Omni's NOR my coveted Infinite Crisis Omni.
    It ticks me off that I won't ever be able to own these.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Except they WON'T reprint for some stupid reason: The New Teen Titans 1 and 2 Omni's NOR my coveted Infinite Crisis Omni.
    It ticks me off that I won't ever be able to own these.
    The New Teen Titans 2 Omni is usually on Amazon for a reasonable price. I got volumes 2 and 3 on there pretty cheap like you I share frustration that i'll probably never own volume 1.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Infinite Crisis Omnibus is also one of my big DC "wants" alongside the JLA/Avengers Slipcase Edition. I'm not really interested in the upcoming Absolute Infinte Crisis.