Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    You so salty dawg.
    I live at the bottom of the ocean. It's nothing but salt water.

Man, Diana is a power house. Taking shots from Doomsday, cutting his arm off, taking that super blast with her shield, lightning with her bracelets, and bullet timing. All she need is flight and she'll be top dog. Neat that she's currently ranked higher than Superman, though I feel like that's mostly from low showings which I'm sure Diana will pick up soon.
    Yea she's definitely strong and durable, and her standard equipment is racking up some nice feats as well :P
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I live at the bottom of the ocean. It's nothing but salt water.

Yea she's definitely strong and durable, and her standard equipment is racking up some nice feats as well :P
    Oh yeah, because Thor is sooooooooo great without Mjolnir.

Edit: Seriously, Thor is the most equipment dependent hero this side of Green Lantern, especially if we are in one of those periods where he becomes human without it.

Double edit: Yeah, re-watching their performances against their respective uber bricks, without gear they are about even for strength, skill, and durability, but Diana would probably wreck based on speed.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 05-10-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Diana's a lot faster and should be capable of blocking Mjolnir/absorbing his lightning with her bracelets and can even blast it back at him.

BANNED

You so salty dawg.

Man, Diana is a power house. Taking shots from Doomsday, cutting his arm off, taking that super blast with her shield, lightning with her bracelets, and bullet timing. All she need is flight and she'll be top dog. Neat that she's currently ranked higher than Superman, though I feel like that's mostly from low showings which I'm sure Diana will pick up soon.
    It's a blink and you miss it moment but Wonder Woman seems to gain the ability to fly at the movie:

Nothing conclusive though as we don't see the context.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Diana's a lot faster and should be capable of blocking Mjolnir/absorbing his lightning with her bracelets and can even blast it back at him.
    It seems like DCEU Diana's bracelets are quite different from comic WW's bracelets and in even some respects better.

It was hinted in BVS when she absorbed Doomsday's blast to save Batman. It seemed she was merely blocking it but the beam wasn't being deflected all over the place like it works with comic WW's bracelets.

Her bracelets actually seemed to absorb his blast and she slammed her bracelets to release the absorbed energy back at Doomsday:

We see this again when she faces off against her aunt in a training exercise where repeated sword strikes trigger the shockwave when she crosses her bracelets:

Her bracelets are basically X-Men's Bishop.

This is of course speculation and won't be confirmed until the movie.

But if she can absorb Thor's lightening like this:

and her bracelets can really absorb energy like Bishop then Thor's gonna need another avenue of attack as shooting lightening will literally blow up in his face.

Oh yeah, because Thor is sooooooooo great without Mjolnir.

Edit: Seriously, Thor is the most equipment dependent hero this side of Green Lantern, especially if we are in one of those periods where he becomes human without it.

Double edit: Yeah, re-watching their performances against their respective uber bricks, without gear they are about even for strength, skill, and durability, but Diana would probably wreck based on speed.
    Who's the salty one again?

Just pointing out its more a feat for her equipment (which is nice), moreso than her, and we already know she matches him in strength/skill, not sure on durability myself quite yet, but I'm sure we'll see feats for that in the movie. I will also note, we can't say she'll absorb a charged lightning shot from Thor without sufficient evidence to say she can. Not that it'll matter, given the current speed gap.

We'll likely be revisiting this match up in November too. Cuz new movie, more feats, this board is rife with fell necromancy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan