Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superwoman 4 Preview

..Jimenez change Natasha hairstyle, now is better.. Traci 13 should appear in this chapter.

http://nerdist.com/superwoman-4-has-...usive-preview/

Poor Lana.. a nightmare..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

At least 'Superwoman' acknowledges how messed up the Post-Crisis Lois/New 52 Lois situation is, even if it is one of Lana's nightmares.

Jimenez saying what everyone else is thinking about this idiotic status quo, lol. At least someone is willing to write how morally abject this whole thing is. Even though Jurgens already beat Jimenez to the punch with his own character and of course made her perfectly fine with the whole thing. I appreciate him trying to weave a story around it, though. Making lemonade out of lemons and all that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-04-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nice to see Bibbo and the Ace O' Clubs making the rounds in the Superman books .

BANNED

Indeed needs to be stated. Although I continue to be confused are Lana and John married or not or are they doing that modern cohabitation.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    At least 'Superwoman' acknowledges how messed up the Post-Crisis Lois/New 52 Lois situation is, even if it is one of Lana's nightmares.
    But why? She didn't put up this much of a fuss before. But you could blame that on the idea that she let it settle in after a while, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But why? She didn't put up this much of a fuss before. But you could blame that on the idea that she let it settle in after a while, I guess.
    Because Phil Jimenez is a much better writer than Dan Jurgens.

But in fairness, by the end of this issue Lana may be just as accepting of the pretense as she was in Action Comics.

I'm fine with her accepting it just on the grounds of her Lois gave the okay in writing in the first place so its really not her decision. But I hope Jimenez continues to write her as at least very unconfortable with the whole thing.

But yeah, you're entirely fair when you just point out that one is a better writer than the other when trying to come up with a reason as to why she's just now having a problem with it. She should have had the problem with it from the get go but, hey, bad writing. Its not a fun answer, but its the answer.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

But the problem comes from how poorly Jimenez has handled the Lois situation. His Lana did nothing about Lois just being wiped away.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Indeed needs to be stated. Although I continue to be confused are Lana and John married or not or are they doing that modern cohabitation.
    Apparently the latter. That's just how New 52 rolls I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    But the problem comes from how poorly Jimenez has handled the Lois situation. His Lana did nothing about Lois just being wiped away.
    Lana's handled the situation poorly, not Jimenez.

Her handling of the events from issue #1 are presented as flawed and part of her character arc. Action Comics only brought up the problem of Lana's hesitation to come forward about the fate of New 52 Lois to get to the solution of Post-Crisis Lois taking over.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Fair enough, but then using her as a mouthpiece doesn't work. This doesn't give Lois a right, necessarily, but “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” She doesn't really have a ground to stand on if this issue doesn't have her eventually confessing to be at fault. "Fess up" is plain hypocritical, but you're right that Jimenez should know that.

I want to see Jimenez write more Lois Lane.

I really can't stand how Jimenez writes these two women. It is far too immature and cat-fighty for my taste. The tone is way off for both of them. Do some of the issues related to Lois and her doppelganger need to be explored? Sure, there's no problem with that. Jimenez doesn't write either of these women as grown ups with any maturity or grace. It's very poor characterization, in my opinion, and continues to underscore my problems with Jimenez and this book.