Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superwoman 4 Preview

..Jimenez change Natasha hairstyle, now is better.. Traci 13 should appear in this chapter.

http://nerdist.com/superwoman-4-has-...usive-preview/

Poor Lana.. a nightmare..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

At least 'Superwoman' acknowledges how messed up the Post-Crisis Lois/New 52 Lois situation is, even if it is one of Lana's nightmares.

Jimenez saying what everyone else is thinking about this idiotic status quo, lol. At least someone is willing to write how morally abject this whole thing is. Even though Jurgens already beat Jimenez to the punch with his own character and of course made her perfectly fine with the whole thing. I appreciate him trying to weave a story around it, though. Making lemonade out of lemons and all that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-04-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nice to see Bibbo and the Ace O' Clubs making the rounds in the Superman books .

BANNED

Indeed needs to be stated. Although I continue to be confused are Lana and John married or not or are they doing that modern cohabitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jimenez saying what everyone else is thinking about this idiotic status quo, lol. At least someone is willing to write how morally abject this whole thing is. Even though Jurgens already beat Jimenez to the punch with his own character and of course made her perfectly fine with the whole thing. I appreciate him trying to weave a story around it, though. Making lemonade out of lemons and all that.
    It's like he's reading my posts.

Sacred Knight, Lokimaru: I don't see how this preview demonstrates Jimenez's disapproval of the Rebirth status quo. In fact, how do we even know that it wasn't Jurgens who had to work around Jimenez's wishes? What if Jurgens was going to have Lois return to the Daily Planet but had no intention of making her keep up a charade with Perry, Jimmy, Sam, or Lucy? What if Jimenez wanted that because he has no interest in exploring New 52 Lois' family in Superwoman and doesn't want to cross that line because he plans on having Lois live again or say goodbye herself? Jimenez's treatment of New 52 Lois and the disposal of her as a remnant of pre-Rebirth continuity can hardly be described as respectful or a sign that his approach to the New 52-Rebirth changes is superior. He could have had his first arc focus on New 52 Lois, including her telling Perry, Jimmy, Sam, and Lucy (or at least Sam and Lucy) about her condition like she told Lois via her digital will, so to speak, and dealt with the repercussions of that before she died, as well as help the other Lois fit into her old life more seamlessly, all while building her friendship with Lana. So, by the time Jimenez's first Superwoman mini-arc was over, the transition would be more smooth and sensible. Yet, he didn't do that. He underwrote Lois in the first issue of Superwoman (little point of view, backstory) and promptly killed her off for shock value. Thus, it seems unlikely that he is personally affronted and opposed to the reconfigurations that Rebirth has created.

I also think if Jimenez did have the opinion that Rebirth's reshuffling is repugnant, it is very unprofessional of him to use Lana as his mouthpiece in that way. I mean, when Wonder Woman was written to support Lois and Lois/Clark in Jurgens' initial Doomsday focused Action Comics issues, there was plenty of complaining that he should keep his opinions to himself and out of the mouths of his characters. So why is it suddenly okay for Jimenez to do it? Jimenez only serves to make himself look unprofessional both as a colleague/collaborator as well as a writer. I say writer, because by having Lana react more strongly and negatively here than she did in Action makes her look two-faced. It doesn't characterize her well. Add that on top of her wanting to punch pre-FP Lois, like she did New 52 Lois, when she's upset, and his Lana is a unhinged basket case. She also seems to ignore what could happen if Sam Lane were told everything. He's a xenophobe with power and position who has a history of tension with Superman. If he finds out that Lois had been Superwoman, but she died while Lana still is Superwoman and that there are doubles, including a super son, who's to say the man wouldn't lose it and expose all of their secrets and actively seek to harm them? This is a very delicate and very unconventional situation, and it's not that Jurgens (via his Lois) didn't acknowledge the strangeness of stepping into the other Lois' shoes.
    Last edited by misslane; 11-06-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Something of interest... everybody seems to be acting like what happened in Action Comics was the bow to tie everything up. I didn't get that impression at all. That was the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end. That's got classic "tenuous setup" written all over it. I think the only reason it's being seen differently is because so much is being shaken up right now and we expect DC to be sprinting to the past status quo. But that doesn't feel like what's happening here.

The way this all has been going, I almost fully expect this all to come out (at least to the people closest to NuLois) and that they'll eventually think of this Lois as a sort of "long lost sister" to theirs. As Rebirth sweeps through, that connection will deepen, and they'll remember both equally as Lois, though still separate. Which will make it easier for them to have her step back into her own life.
    Last edited by JAK; 11-07-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agreed. Lana said exactly what I thought the moment I knew about what that Lois was going to do (yeah, that tape was just an excuse, and I'd bet it was plotted by Jurgens) and saw that Action Comics cover.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    At least 'Superwoman' acknowledges how messed up the Post-Crisis Lois/New 52 Lois situation is, even if it is one of Lana's nightmares.
    But why? She didn't put up this much of a fuss before. But you could blame that on the idea that she let it settle in after a while, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But why? She didn't put up this much of a fuss before. But you could blame that on the idea that she let it settle in after a while, I guess.
    Because Phil Jimenez is a much better writer than Dan Jurgens.

But in fairness, by the end of this issue Lana may be just as accepting of the pretense as she was in Action Comics.

I'm fine with her accepting it just on the grounds of her Lois gave the okay in writing in the first place so its really not her decision. But I hope Jimenez continues to write her as at least very unconfortable with the whole thing.

But yeah, you're entirely fair when you just point out that one is a better writer than the other when trying to come up with a reason as to why she's just now having a problem with it. She should have had the problem with it from the get go but, hey, bad writing. Its not a fun answer, but its the answer.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El