Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Heh, the age thing is such a confusing mess that I don't think its ever been brought up, anywhere, by anyone, since Rebirth started. I don't think it ever will. They're confirmed as older than the New 52 counterparts, but not as old as they should be.

If we're lucky, ALL of this, all of the ten years from the time Superman, Lois, and Jon arrived, to the time Rebirth started, will be erased and replaced with the post-Crisis history in its place with the change that Jon was born sometime after the wedding. The early Rebirth stories then can have still happened just without the details of there ever being a "new" Superman, and the elimination of this stupid body snatcher storyline. With stuff like that you don't even have to reference how its different, just knowing that certain details are off but that the larger story beats are still canon (i.e: Lex and Superman still fought Doomsday in Metropolis, but the encounter didn't begin with a "new" superman introducing himself to Lex). That's best case scenario, and frankly the only way I can think of to make any of this right if this Superman is THE Superman, and that's clearly what they want to establish.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-07-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Preview looks awesome

Action is better than it's been in years.
    Looking forward to Superman's own explanation about not wearing the classic suit.
    Once he finds out that this has always been his earth and the timeline gets restored I'm hoping it ends with a splash page with him in the classic red trunks and costume.

That would be ohh soooooo sweet,

Okay I understand the room for personal preference and all, but beyond the return of Post-Crisis Superman in what way is Jurgens Action Comics better than Packs AND Morrison's?

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Okay I understand the room for personal preference and all, but beyond the return of Post-Crisis Superman in what way is Jurgens Action Comics better than Packs AND Morrison's?
    EXACTLY. It is not. Pak and Morrison wrote the best issues of Action Comics in recent memory.

I have to say Superman had a nice string of issues that put it solidly in the lead, but Action seems to be making a comeback. I thought the latest issue of Superman was just ok. This is no doubt in part of my realizing I still don't care for Batman and Damian so while Super sons is exciting in theory I may start rooting for simply a Superboy title.

For sure I'm anticipating the new Action more so than the new Superman, this looks great.

And the original costume is best.

BANNED

I really hate Action Comics so much right now.

We can only hope he's kicked off the title sooner than later. Its the only hope. He has antiquated notions and most daminng, no new ideas. This upcoming storyline sounds so much like Trial of Superman, just with Lex being the one on trial. For me personally, the only thing Jurgens would be potentially good for now is bringing back Hank Henshaw as Cy. MAYBE if new Clark turns out to be Matrix that could be cool, but who knows at this point since that of course is being dragged on forever. Other than that though he brings nothing to the table. This is easily a bottom 5 Rebirth title, if not bottom 3.

And I'm so sick and tired of the "this is the Superman and Lois we're focusing on now" answer to questions about the continuity mess. Stop giving me that hand-waving line. You don't have to give away the bible of the storyline step-by-step but confirm that you're going to fix the freaking huge mess you created.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-08-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    You know Jurgens is going to have to admit that when clark is without lois something is missing is a lie and will have to admit that the simple fact is that he simply cannot write superman well (although if you look at his comments you could say he admits it). I mean look at his new 52 run which consisted of a story that promised a big event but instead went no where and a predator rip off. People say it was nuperman that failed but with writers like jurgens i'd say it was the writers that failed.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    EXACTLY. It is not. Pak and Morrison wrote the best issues of Action Comics in recent memory.
    To each their own.

Morrison's JLA was awesome, his Action run IMO was no big deal.

Same with Pak I loved his Hulk but his Action run was again IMO, no big deal.

Definitely a "to each their own" kinda deal - there are a lot of loose threads right now, but I'm in no rush to get to the end of the story. They'll all play out, and we'll see how it goes.

But so far I'm enjoying the ride on both Action and Superman (for totally different reasons, but that's cool). And for as much as I don't care for Jurgens taking jabs at the New52 Superman as much as he has, at least he's not being wiped out of history (yet, I suppose) - yes, it's convoluted, but I like that the N52 versions' presence is still there in some ways. (which may seem odd, given my past distaste for the New52)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by durabill View Post
    Preview looks awesome

Action is better than it's been in years.
    Looking forward to Superman's own explanation about not wearing the classic suit.
    Once he finds out that this has always been his earth and the timeline gets restored I'm hoping it ends with a splash page with him in the classic red trunks and costume.

That would be ohh soooooo sweet,
    That's how I see it too. In some ways I'm enjoying it more than Superman.

He's not going back to his old costume. If DC could/wanted to, they would have done it already. Especially with old hat talent leading the charge now. My guess is that the trunks is one thing WB is explicitly forbidding.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-08-2016 at 08:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He has antiquated notions and most damning, no new ideas.
    Nailed it.

Amazing Member

I dig the black suit and the red pajamas, but maybe, like Spidey's black suit, they should only come out for special occasions?