Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeefBourguignon View Post
    Yes I think all those things for his suit are unnecessary gimmicks for a Superman. If this was the 90s, I can imagine the suit also be a symbiont.
    One thing I did Like was the idea of the suit forming via thought from underneath his Clark civilian clothes. It explained how a full costume,cape and boots could be concealed under Clark's suit and not look bulky and weird .

I didn't mind the suit being Kryptonian nanotech. I just hated the fact it had a billion lines all over ,that God awful collar,weird looking cuffs,pointed cape,and boots that looked like he borrowed them from Tony Stark. If it had looked like a red booted version of the current uniform ,I would have been more than okay with it being " enhanced".
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Uh Silver age suit was impervious to harm, and both it and the cape could stretch to unbelievable lengths. Sounds pretty Super to me.

Things I liked: sparing use of seams like the shield outline designs on the shoulders. The red trim on the sleeves (way better than the goofy movie cuffs; it doesn't translate well to illustration). The belt (I also very much like the diamond-style new belt though), and the cape with the black S.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The thing I can't undertand is how, aside from nostalgia, one could favour the pre New 52 suit over the armoured look. The New 52 suit was so much more beautiful to me...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The thing I can't undertand is how, aside from nostalgia, one could favour the pre New 52 suit over the armoured look. The New 52 suit was so much more beautiful to me...

It's subjective. You think it's beautiful. I think it's ugly. I think the classic suit is timeless. You think it's outdated. It's all subjective. There's no right or wrong. Just perspective.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

"I didn't need molded plastic to sculpt my physic. Pure West."
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    the cape with the black S.
    Although Jim Lee is the most important figure in my love for comics, I have to say it was a bum design. But the black S was nice and a pre crisis shield on the front would have been a huge plus.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's subjective. You think it's beautiful. I think it's ugly. I think the classic suit is timeless. You think it's outdated. It's all subjective. There's no right or wrong. Just perspective.
    Personally I think the lines on the Nu52 suit makes it look over designed. Personally I think the best suit since 2011 was Superdad's black and silver costume.

Quote Originally Posted by draco_dracul View Post
    Personally I think the lines on the Nu52 suit makes it look over designed. Personally I think the best suit since 2011 was Superdad's black and silver costume.
    I agree on the over-designed part. The collar I can live with, the cuffs were okay, the bottom of the cape being triangular like the S-shield is actually a really nice design element. But the extra lines in places that wouldn't realistically even need seems (i.e. lines for the sake of lines) and the overly detailed belt and clunky boots on top of that screamed 90's reject.

The reason the black and silver costume looks better is because the silver belt is a good color break. The problem all the post-2011 costumes have had is NOT the lack of trunks, but that a red belt is an insufficient color break between the blue top and bottom of the costume. If you greyscale the costume out the red and the blue are both almost identical in intensity. But if you re-color the belt of either Nuperman or Superdad to the same bright yellow of the S-shield then you get a proper color break (the yellow is very different intensity than blue or red) and the costume looks a LOT better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The New 52 suit was so much more beautiful to me...
    High Five!

So someone want to explain what it was that Jurgens did to Lois last issue that was so terrible?

She decided, and nuLois supported through communication before she died, that it was cool for her to take over the life and and deceive everyone who loved her like her family, Perry, Jimmy, etc.

Some don't think it was that big a deal. I think its a morally abhorrent deception that's essentially character assassination to both Lois's.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-07-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Huh that's more than a little weird for sure. Why would you ever give someone permission to take over your life and deceive your friends? Even if it's an alternate version of yourself I just can't see anyone actually doing that.

It just makes no sense. Jurgens then had the gall to have a panel of Perry hugging Lois welcoming her back home as if it were a heartwarming situation, and not the creepy lie it really is. The man is happy thinking the woman he loves like a daughter is safe, when in fact she died and he's being robbed of that knowledge and the right to mourn her loss. But its a "happy lie" apparently so its all good. Its a low-light of a title featuring many lows and just shows how tone-deaf Jurgens has become in his zeal to get his status quo back.

Dayumn. And I take it they are just side stepping the fact that she should be a good 20 years older too?