Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Substack

Extraordinary Member

Default Substack

NYT: Comic Book Writers and Artists Follow Other Creators to Substack

Substack getting into the comic book game with the following creators: Nick Spencer, Saladin Ahmed, Jonathan Hickman, Molly Ostertag, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV., Michael Avon Oeming, Dave Acosta, Mike del Mundo, Mike Huddleston, Ram V and Tini Howard, among others.

Extraordinary Member

From Tynion and Oeming's book, "Blue Book" which will be about Alien Abductions:

Extraordinary Member

Will they be taking Jason Aaron as well?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

So, Best Jacket and now Substack. Good, I like this. Still going to wait for printed TPB's/HC's. But I fully support singles being digital.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

A lot of high profile names going to substack. Bleeding Cool hit piece in 3...2...1...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Hope no one minds but if you don't know what it is or how it works,here is a video where all of it is being discussed. Also,a lot of points that are made or news of creators and their plans are supported by links in the video as to where they got the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIlz9U6boA
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

It reminds me of Patreon.

Extraordinary Member

Haven't listened to it yet but Leah Williams was on the Battle of the Atom podcast and mentioned that she would be moving to substack.

Amazing Member

so unless I'm totally mistaken here - they want me to pay a month fee to send me jpgs?
    I buy comics cause I like the physical format and the (not so often) collectability of it, no long term worth in jpgs
    dont wish them ill will at all - obviously this just highlights how poorly the creative teams get treated when a movie based on someones story earns Marvel $1 billion so who can honestly blame them for trying this? it's just not for me