Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 606
  1. #91
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    That is really good! Does he/she sell art?
    I don't know, I have to ask him.

  2. #92
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,183

    Default

    Another pinup...


  3. #93
    Ultimate Member t hedge coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Weihai
    Posts
    7,635

    Default

    Finally got around to reading Eidolon straight through. That was a lot more fun than I was expecting.

    And, it took a set up of easy empathy (the idea the government doesn't prize its wounded combatants enough) and instead of tugging at the old heart strings, it spat down the bullet hole and let the thing die (because a) this doesn't justify murder, theft and terrorism, and b) James Bond doesn't give a damn).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

  4. #94
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Yeah, I thought Eidolon was a blast. I'm sad to Ellis go, though I'm curious to see how Blackbox is (sadly I haven't got the chance to read it yet).

    Also, that 2nd pin up is great as well

  5. #95
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Finally got the chance to read Black Box#1 and Leiter#3. I think the first issue of Black Box was a solid start and I'm curious to see where it goes. I agree if he is trying to be stealthy, driving around in that car isn't the smartest idea but it is a classic Bond thing to do. I'm continuing to enjoy the Leiter series and am enjoying getting more insight into Felix's life. It does amuse me that both Black Box and Leiter are currently taking place in Tokyo.

    I am to see what Service will be about. Some much James Bond stuff coming out at the moment that it's hard to keep up with all of it at times.

  6. #96
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    I absolutely loved the Hammerhead finale, it felt like a proper Bond ending. Although I'm fairly sure that Hunt isn't dead, and given its takeover by the government, I'm not sure that we have seen the last of Hammerhead itself either.

  7. #97
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Also, I will soon be swapping to an online service due to my LCS shutting down, so I will be getting my comics monthly. As a consequence, I will be a bit behind you all

  8. #98
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I haven't had the chance to pick up Hammerhead yet this week. The arc has been a bit hit or miss for me, so I'm glad to hear it ends strong.

    And that sucks to hear about your LCS. I know many of them having been struggling to remain open.

  9. #99
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Well, this guy is just retiring, but I suspect that eventually it would have happened anyway :/

  10. #100
    All-New Member Pete26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've finished Vargr and I'm up to issue 8 on Eidolon, I have issues 9 and 11, but 10 hasn't arrived yet :P The comic book Bond is definitely more brutal, and I like it. This bond doesn't just put the enemies down, he puts them downs and finishes them.

    I'm pretty excited for the Felix series as I don't think that he has been explored enough previously, although whether or not it works remains to be seen. Do you know if the comic books are supposed to be set after all of the films? Based on Eidolon it sounds like SPECTRE have already been met at this point and obviously Felix has had his shark incident.
    Dynamite did a deal with Ian Fleming Productions who now own all the rights to his work where previously Gildrose Productions had. Ian Fleming Productions was actually started by Ian Fleming to manage his works and is now controlled by the Fleming family.

    The James Bond series is in continuity with the books so the characters have developed from the novels and nothing to do with the films so it's unlikely we will see villains like Jaws. I suspect that both John Gardner's and Raymond Benson's series follow the same continuity. So Felix has left the CIA, though consults with them and has a prosthetic arm and leg from the events in Live and Let Die. If memory serves, his last appearance in the novels is in the Man with the golden Gun and Felix has been employed by the CIA as a contractor (hint of reality and modern military and intelligence operations here) to monitor Scaramanga's plans for the casino in Jamaica and runs into Bond who has been sent to kill him. Felix and Bond fight the hoods and Bond is injured. The series is obviously updated into modern times, so hopefully Felix will have some neat gadgets built into his prosthetics. I always thought Felix Leiter could be the inspiration for Martin Caidin's Cyborg from which the Six million Dollar Man was adapted and is also wriiten by Kevin Smith for Dynamite
    Last edited by Pete26; 04-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.

  11. #101
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    I really liked the first issue of Black Box (except for the 'Hey I've just driven my car out the back of a bus but I'm totally just a normal person and not a spy' thing), and #2 was good too, just not AS good. Interesting last panel though!

  12. #102
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    Dynamite did a deal with Ian Fleming Productions who now own all the rights to his work where previously Gildrose Productions had. Ian Fleming Productions was actually started by Ian Fleming to manage his works and is now controlled by the Fleming family.

    The James Bond series is in continuity with the books so the characters have developed from the novels and nothing to do with the films so it's unlikely we will see villains like Jaws. I suspect that both John Gardner's and Raymond Benson's series follow the same continuity. So Felix has left the CIA, though consults with them and has a prosthetic arm and leg from the events in Live and Let Die. If memory serves, his last appearance in the novels is in the Man with the golden Gun and Felix has been employed by the CIA as a contractor (hint of reality and modern military and intelligence operations here) to monitor Scaramanga's plans for the casino in Jamaica and runs into Bond who has been sent to kill him. Felix and Bond fight the hoods and Bond is injured. The series is obviously updated into modern times, so hopefully Felix will have some neat gadgets built into his prosthetics. I always thought Felix Leiter could be the inspiration for Martin Caidin's Cyborg from which the Six million Dollar Man was adapted and is also wriiten by Kevin Smith for Dynamite
    I do wonder that since these comics take place within the continuity of the novels, if future comics might incorporate some of the villains from the movies who weren't originally in the novels, such as Jaws. Personally I would be fine with these as there are several characters from the films I would enjoy seeing.

  13. #103
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I absolutely loved the Hammerhead finale, it felt like a proper Bond ending. Although I'm fairly sure that Hunt isn't dead, and given its takeover by the government, I'm not sure that we have seen the last of Hammerhead itself either.
    I finally got the chance to read the final Hammerhead issue. I agree that it was an enjoyable action filled finale, though I personally felt Diggle was pushing that Hunt was dead based on the panel where the flames appear to be consuming her. I could definitely see Hammerhead coming back in the future or being a background piece in future stories, especially if Diggle comes back to pen more issues.

  14. #104
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    I finally got the chance to read the final Hammerhead issue. I agree that it was an enjoyable action filled finale, though I personally felt Diggle was pushing that Hunt was dead based on the panel where the flames appear to be consuming her. I could definitely see Hammerhead coming back in the future or being a background piece in future stories, especially if Diggle comes back to pen more issues.
    I totally didn't forget about that, like an hour after reading it when I wrote my post. No Sir. Moving on now :P

    Is anybody else getting Service? I can't remember if this has been brought up before, but I'm really excited for it!

  15. #105
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Yeah, I'll be getting service next month. I'm really curious to see what Gillen brings to Bond. Any idea what the plot of the one-shot is?

    Also, read Black Box #2 today. I've been enjoying the series quit a bit, though every panel with Saga-Genji had me thinking of Cyclops due to that visor. I am curious where they go with that Selah Sax twist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •