Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 759
  1. #736
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I like the current cast, so I hope that they stay. That said, sometimes a new era works best with a new cast so I wouldn't be upset either way. It also depends whether or not they actually want to stay!

    Also, a couple of Bond related additions for June. I'm not updated with the recent comics unfortunately...
    I think Waltz is a definite no. He only agreed to come back if Craig came back too. It's still unclear how Blofeld fits into No Time To Die's story (from the trailers he knows Madeline's secret, obviously; her father was of course one of his subordinates, and it's possible the current villain is another SPECTRE agent).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #737
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    659

    Default

    They could always pull a page from Diamonds are Forever and say that Blofeld underwent a face change if Waltz doesn't want to return. That said, I would much prefer they just switch actors and not focus on it much like they did with other characters.

  3. #738
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Read issues 7-12 of James Bond: Origins, which make up the final two arcs of the series. I thought the first arc, The Russian Ruse, was okay but a bit generic and generally unmemorable. I really enjoyed the last arc, The Debt. Its probably my favorite arc of the series and ends the series on a high note. It also has a pretty fun reference to the 1967 Casino Royale film. Reading the Russian Ruse did also convince me to start re-reading From Russia with Love, so something positive came out of it as well as I start re-reading it this morning.

  4. #739
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I don't think that I've seen the 1967 Casino Royale, actually. Is it worth watching it to enjoy the reference?
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  5. #740
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    659

    Default

    No, the 67 Casino Royale is almost unwatchable and is painful to sit through. Unless you are interested in watching a movie that are an absolute trainwreck. I've seen it once and it's probably the only Bond movie that I'll never re-watch. Plus, I can easily explain the reference to you whenever you get the chance to read the issues.

  6. #741
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I'll probably not bother then haha

    Unfortunately, due to the relationship between Dynamite Comics and ComicsGate, I will not be buying their products, indefinitely. I can't separate my support for the [awesome] creators involved in JB from support for Dynamite, so that's a shame
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  7. #742
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Oh, I didn't know that Dynamite was associated with Comicsgate. That's making me back off of buying the second volume of Oddjob. What has been reported about the relationship between Dynamite and Comicsgate?

  8. #743
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I became aware of it when they promoted one of ComicsGate's crowdfunding pieces of work on their Twitter, and Nick Barrucci (Dynamite CEO) donated on one of their streams. Dynamite seem to just be ignoring the whole thing, not even acknowledging it. It's a real shame because some creators have already stated that they aren't accepting more work from Dynamite (and more probably will do the same), and it means I'm not buying the work of creators I really wanted to support (Vita for example). It's a really tough spot for those creators that have to pay their bills.
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  9. #744
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I became aware of it when they promoted one of ComicsGate's crowdfunding pieces of work on their Twitter, and Nick Barrucci (Dynamite CEO) donated on one of their streams. Dynamite seem to just be ignoring the whole thing, not even acknowledging it. It's a real shame because some creators have already stated that they aren't accepting more work from Dynamite (and more probably will do the same), and it means I'm not buying the work of creators I really wanted to support (Vita for example). It's a really tough spot for those creators that have to pay their bills.
    Chances are Dynamite has already done the whole "risk versus reward" thing and decided to take the plunge. Not surprising considering that the industry is in terrible shape. Nic Barrucci probably noticed the amount of money that campaigns have raised over there and wants to get in on it. Knowing all this, the creators really need to look out for themselves and keep getting work and you need to keep supporting your favorite creators because the industry is in shambles.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  10. #745
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Chances are Dynamite has already done the whole "risk versus reward" thing and decided to take the plunge. Not surprising considering that the industry is in terrible shape. Nic Barrucci probably noticed the amount of money that campaigns have raised over there and wants to get in on it. Knowing all this, the creators really need to look out for themselves and keep getting work and you need to keep supporting your favorite creators because the industry is in shambles.

    Here is another thing to look at-Dynamite does not own Red Sonja, Flash Gordon and John Carter. You really want to rick losing them?


    So the question for them would be joining up with these guys is really worth risking losing James Bond? Dark Horse is looking for titles. So is Boom and look at what they have done with Buffy and Power Rangers.

    Also are those gators going to bring in enough money to make for the money lost from stores who are going on records with NOT ordering books from Dynamite?

  11. #746
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is another thing to look at-Dynamite does not own Red Sonja, Flash Gordon and John Carter. You really want to rick losing them?
    To whom? If Time Warner or Disney decide to snap those characters up there is nothing they can do to stop them. The rest of these companies are in just as die straights as they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So the question for them would be joining up with these guys is really worth risking losing James Bond? Dark Horse is looking for titles. So is Boom and look at what they have done with Buffy and Power Rangers.
    Dark Horse is looking for titles because they lost titles. Not exactly in a position of strength. Just because they are looking for titles doesn't mean they can get them. Don't make the mistake of thinking people care about this stuff as much as we do. The creators shouldn't turn down paychecks, especially in this enviorment.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Also are those gators going to bring in enough money to make for the money lost from stores who are going on records with NOT ordering books from Dynamite?
    Twitter is not reality. I think they will do just fine.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  12. #747
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I became aware of it when they promoted one of ComicsGate's crowdfunding pieces of work on their Twitter, and Nick Barrucci (Dynamite CEO) donated on one of their streams. Dynamite seem to just be ignoring the whole thing, not even acknowledging it. It's a real shame because some creators have already stated that they aren't accepting more work from Dynamite (and more probably will do the same), and it means I'm not buying the work of creators I really wanted to support (Vita for example). It's a really tough spot for those creators that have to pay their bills.
    Thanks for the info Enigma! Pretty disheartening to read about. The only thinking I was picking up from Dynamite was the Bond comics, so it won't be a major change to drop those as much as I have been enjoying them. Guess I can redirect those funds to picking up the old Bond comics that were published before Dynamite got the rights.

  13. #748
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I've been rereading Crosswind my Simone and Staggs and I can really see Staggs' art working for James Bond. The first few pages of issue #1 in particular would make a nice pitch
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  14. #749
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Didn't Dark Horse do some Bond comics? From what I've read they seem to be "out there" even by the movie series standards. Apparently one "Serpent's tooth" seems to have gotten in on the Jurassic Park hype at the time (Movie hadn't come out yet but the novel was huge and there was definitely a lot of buzz-even National Geographic included a photograph of the T-rex robot under construction in one of their Dinosaur issues!) by featuring *dinosaurs*....and this is by the same team that did Batman: Prey!
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-04-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  15. #750
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    The Dark Horse comics are a bit hit and miss, some are actually pretty food. Eh, Serpent's Tooth isn't one of them though, if I'm remembering it properly haha There are some old film adaptations too. There are also some Swedish Bond comics but I haven't gotten my hands on those yet.
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •