Results 1 to 15 of 578

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default James Bond series

    Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been reading the recent Bond series by Ellis and Masters. I just finished issue 10 and am loving it. I think the art by Masters is perfect for the series.

  2. #2
    BANNED Ru5152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    In a perpetual state of bliss
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I too am enjoying this run, I'm hoping that once Ellis is done that if the artist goes too, then I'd like to see Lee Weeks take a shot at this title.
    Last edited by Ru5152; 11-04-2016 at 07:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Oh yeah, Weeks would be a fantastic replacement for Masters. Have you been reading the James Bond: Hammerhead series by Diggle? I've been on the fence about whether to pick it up or not

  4. #4
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    I absolutely love it. Warren Ellis is my favorite writer and I am a HUGE James Bond fan. To me it's the best book coming out right now. I look forward to it every month. The first issue of the mini HAMMERHEAD was very good too if you want to check it out.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I absolutely love it. Warren Ellis is my favorite writer and I am a HUGE James Bond fan. To me it's the best book coming out right now. I look forward to it every month. The first issue of the mini HAMMERHEAD was very good too if you want to check it out.
    Awesome! Have you read any of the books? I'm a huge fan of the films and have just recently started getting into the books around the time this series started.

  6. #6
    BANNED Ru5152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    In a perpetual state of bliss
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    Oh yeah, Weeks would be a fantastic replacement for Masters. Have you been reading the James Bond: Hammerhead series by Diggle? I've been on the fence about whether to pick it up or not
    I'm about a month and a half behind in my reading, but yes I'm ordering it, but I haven't had the time yet. Diggle is writing Thief of Thieves for Kirkman at Image, which has been a home run since he took it on. I'm sure he'll do right by Bond.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ru5152 View Post
    I'm about a month and a half behind in my reading, but yes I'm ordering it, but I haven't had the time yet. Diggle is writing Thief of Thieves for Kirkman at Image, which has been a home run since he took it on. I'm sure he'll do right by Bond.
    Oh cool. My only previous experience with Diggle was his Daredevil run, which was decent but nothing that blew me away. I haven't heard of Thief of Thieves before. How many issues in is it?

  8. #8
    BANNED Ru5152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    In a perpetual state of bliss
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    Oh cool. My only previous experience with Diggle was his Daredevil run, which was decent but nothing that blew me away. I haven't heard of Thief of Thieves before. How many issues in is it?
    Thief of Thieves is an Image book by Robert Kirkman. It started out with rotating writers like Nick Spencer and James Asmus. I don't remember exactly the issue that Diggle took over with, but it's coming up on its 37th issue. It's all available in trades, and it's about a master thief named Conrad Paulson. An absolute must read in my waning pull list. Highly recommend it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •