Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yeah, Goldeneye was a blast to play. Sadly, I didn't own a 64 so I always had to go to my cousins place if I wanted to play it which would end with him crushing me in multiplayer. My favorite Bond game I owned was Nightfire. It was one of the first PS2 games I got and I had a blast with it. The single player story and the multiplayer were a blast to play.

I might have had that one not Goldeneye... I had the one with a multiplayer level that had a ski car thing going from one side to the other, and also Fort Knox :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I was home just for today so I opened up my subscriptions and caught up on Bond!

Black Box #4 - I liked this issue. It wasn't spectacular, but I like the use of The Suicide Forest and I think that it sets up well for an exciting finish the latter issues

Felix Leiter #6 - A decent final issue, things getting tied up. I love that SPECTRE is involved in the future, which I'm very happy to see being alluded to. The only thing I didn't like was Felix magically grabbing hold of the ledge, even though he is very clearly too far away from the ledge and obviously going further away, not closer, making it impossible. Meh, its fiction, so let them off I guess haha

All in all, it was good
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Haha that is definitely Nightfire that you had. I love that game so much.

And yeah, the Spectre twist was a nice way to wrap things up. I would be all for a following up series that just has Feliz going around taking down Spectre organizations.

That would be sweet! I feel like Felix totally carries himself without the need for Bond. I would also like to see a Tiger series.

Incredible Member

http://www.cbr.com/james-bond-25-release-date/

Next Bond film will be released on November 8th, 2019. While I wasn't a fan of Spectre, I am excited to be getting another Bond film in the next couple years. I hope that Craig returns for one more.

I do like him as Bond, but he has been fairly vocal about being tired of it, so for his sake I kind of hope that he doesn't do another one

Incredible Member

Yeah, that's very true. I think part of the reason I want him back for one more is that I really disliked Spectre, so I would like to see Craig end his run on a good one. Though I do agree he should only come back if he is feeling up to it.

Also, I watched Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007. It is a documentary about the James Bond film franchise. I thought it was a fascinating look at how the series developed and things that occurred behind the scenes, especially in regards to what was going on with the Lazenby and Dalton films. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    Yeah, that's very true. I think part of the reason I want him back for one more is that I really disliked Spectre, so I would like to see Craig end his run on a good one. Though I do agree he should only come back if he is feeling up to it.

Also, I watched Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007. It is a documentary about the James Bond film franchise. I thought it was a fascinating look at how the series developed and things that occurred behind the scenes, especially in regards to what was going on with the Lazenby and Dalton films. I really enjoyed it.

Well, I need to watch that now haha I really liked Lazenby. I have it in my head that he left because his agent told him Bond wasn't going anywhere, might be inaccurate though!

Has anybody seen Never Say Never Again? I can't decide if it is worth watching :P

Incredible Member

In the documentary, Lazenby talks about how getting to the part went to his head and he started acting out. According to the documentary, this made the studio nervous about him and with OHMSS not doing as well as the studio had hoped, they decided to try to get Connery back for the role. Lazenby does tell a really entertaining story about how he got the part of Bond in it. If you like Lazenby, that part alone is probably worth watching the documentary for. I think I've seen parts of Never Say Never Again, but I don't think I've seen the whole thing. From what I've seen, it's okay but nothing really groundbreaking.

i also read the first issue of Kill Chain today. It's a solid start to the series with an interesting ending and plenty of action throughout. I do remember that my enthusiasm for Diggle's last series decreased as it went on, so I hope this one is able to maintain my interest throughout.

I ended up watching it, I loved it! The documentary that is, I still haven't watched NSNA. I probably will, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Has anybody seen Never Say Never Again? I can't decide if it is worth watching :P
    It has a sightly antiquish early 1980's modest budget feel to it, but I still enjoy watching it. I think it's a better film than the last Roger Moore film that came out about the same time, but it feels a little less polished in some parts. I think It's better than Connery's previous 'last' film Diamonds Are Forever and although Connery's much older I think he still looked fitter; at least in as much as I can recall. However Never Say Never Again is basically a remake of Thunderball so this is the film to compare it to. One is antique 60's the other antique 80's and I don't think that although each has their strengths, that one stands head and shoulders above the other.

Incredible Member

Read the final issue of Black Box today. I thought it was a pretty good finale for the series. The action was really good throughout. No Name reminds me of Jason Voorhees without his mask on. Also enjoyed Bonds dilemma throughout the issue in regards to what should be done with the black box once he stops Genji.

I'm going home for the weekend, so I MAY get to catch up, but I suspect that the last issue is in my August delivery