Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I'm definitely excited about Moneypenny, but won't get it straight away Also, I kinda know what you mean about BB. The way I look at it is that I expect them to be more aggressive, because Bond is trying to get a hold of something that will weaken the US. Although they are friends, they are ultimately working for different governments and that sometimes puts them in situations like this. However, I can also see it as being a bit much... Its difficult, but that is part of why I like it :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

That's a good point. I think for me in BB their interactions came off less as old friends placed in a difficult situation due to their duty to their respective countries and more as rivals that happened to work a few previous assignments together.

I get that. The power play with the drink was the only bit that I was a bit off by, I think that fits more into the 'rivals who worked together previously' category, rather than 'friends forced against each other now' category.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I quite liked the Moneypenny one-shot, I really like this bad ass Moneypenny from the comics. I wasn't too thrilled by the Black Box ending though, it all felt a bit meh. It wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't earth shattering.

Incredible Member

I remember liking the action in the final issue of Black Box and thinking it was a solid enough finale, but having read it a month ago, I honestly can't remember much of what happened in it. Guess that's a good indication of how memorable it was....I haven't had the chance to read the Moneypenny one-shot yet, though I'm really looking forward to it.

Exclusive 'James Bond: Solstice' First Look

http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/08/...ook-dynamite-/

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Incredible Member

I didn't know they were releasing another one-shot. Looks pretty good, thanks for sharing! Do you know anything else that Moustafa has written? I don't think I've read anything by him before. Also interesting that they are making this a holiday special

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    I didn't know they were releasing another one-shot. Looks pretty good, thanks for sharing! Do you know anything else that Moustafa has written? I don't think I've read anything by him before. Also interesting that they are making this a holiday special
    Nope.

But he is a great Bond artist!

http://www.jamesbondthesecretagent.c...d-drawing.html
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

JAMES BOND: KILL CHAIN #6 (of 6)
    Cover A: Greg Smallwood | Writer: Andy Diggle | Art: Luca Casalanguida

SMERSH has activated Operation Hooded Falcon, bringing Europe to its knees and NATO to the brink of collapse. A key ally is about to fall into Russia’s grasp, re-drawing the geopolitical map and setting a new foundation for the coming century. But one man can make a difference. You know his name.

STUNNING cover by Greg Smallwood!

Great time to be a Bond fan!

This mainly has to do with the fact I am fan of Mike Grell but I would love for Dynamite to let him do a James Bond mini-series. I still remember the one he did for Eclipse Comics (Permission to Die) back in 1989.

Oh crap, that is a beautiful cover... I'm planning to slab another JB issue and that has just shot up my list haha Also, Solstice looks good. Although, I felt like Service needed more than a one-shot, whilst Moneypenny was just right, so I'm curious to see which side this one falls on. Also, I won't get it until my December subscription, so no spoilers! :P

Incredible Member

I really need to get caught up on Kill Chain so I can read this when its released.

I missed your comment before Kaled - I'm actually planning to get Permission to Die at some point, is it worthwhile?

I thought it was. Grell's story and art are at top form and still holds up years later. It came out just a few years after the Longbow Hunters and shortly after the start of his run on Green Arrow.