Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I watched Spectre last night for the first time in ages - it feels like an entirely different kind of Bond film, to be honest. Also, I saw a plot reveal for the new film - supposedly spoilers:
    Bond retires and gets married (presumably to Swann), and his wife is killed and causing Bond to come back. Here we go again
    end of spoilers

Are there no spoiler tags here?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Are there no spoiler tags here?
    Totally possible, I've just added some to your post. Press "reply with quote" on this post to see how to spoilertag like a pro...

spoilers:
    ... like this! Easiest thing in the world!
    end of spoilers

Ahhhhhhh, it is spoil, on my other forum it is spoiler. Thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Yeah, Spectre feels like a weird mash-up between a Craig film and a Moore era Bond film and I don't think it works at all. Plus, I hated the twist that Blofield built a whole criminal empire because he felt his dad favored Bond more than him. Felt like a twist just for the sake of having a twist.

spoilers:
    And yeah, I've heard that rumor as well. I've basically heard the next film will be a version of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, though I don't think anything has been confirmed yet. I don't really want them to return to the same plot of Bond's girlfriend/wife dies again and he seeks revenge, though I would be interested in seeing Waltz return as Blofield assuming they actually give him something to do in this next movie
    end of spoilers

Also, thanks TotalSnorefest for explaining how the spoiler tags work. I also had no idea how to use them.
    Last edited by Jack Parker; 01-02-2018 at 09:20 PM.

I'm basically waiting for this film to come and go and perhaps then Craig step down and for a New Bond perhaps on with a more traditional take on the character and less British Jason Bourne. I miss the crazy gadgets and a Bond with a cheeky swagger.

Well, I think that they were trying to make Craig's films a little more grounded, add a touch of reality. Honestly though, James Bond isn't about reality - it is supposed to be a fantasy. I really like Craig as Bond, but knowing that he is reluctant to do it, I'd rather he just let it be and left with his Bond intact as a solid entry. Also, James Norton is supposedly up for being the next Bond. I've never seen this McMafia thing - does he fit?

Oh I think Craig did a great job brining this version of Bond to life I don't know if anyone could had done better. But I just miss the style of Bonds of old and just hope the next one has that style and tone. Speaking of Bond not being reality in truth when I was a kid Bond was our MCU movies these bright, colorful, fun, exciting, and even funny movies where the hero who seemed indestructible and had all these high tech gadgets and cars and would fight villains with plans to take over the world in some way from their secret bases and with their armies of henchmen.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-03-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm glad that Craig is coming back to do one more as I really didn't care for Spectre and would prefer that Craig end his run on a high note. Plus I think five movies is a solid turn as Bond. While I would be all for a Bond that uses more gadgets with whoever takes over as Bond next, I hope they don't crank it up to the extreme like several of the Moore and Bronson movies did. Personally I find it hard to be invested in some of those movies because its too over the top for me. I would prefer something in the middle between the Craig era and the Moore era. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that James Norton is in, so I can't speak to how well he would fit the roll. Last I heard, Tom Hiddleston was being rumored to be next in line for the role. While I do really like Hiddleston as an actor, I can't really picture him as Bond (probably because he is really ingrained in my mind as Loki).

I'm a fan of Damian Lewis (name might be slightly out) as the next Bond - he has a look about him

Incredible Member

I would be 100% on board with Lewis taking over as Bond once Craig is finished. I agree he has that look and he is fantastic in everything I've seen him in. Plus since so many people flipped out when Craig was cast since he is a blonde, it would amuse me to see if there was a similar reaction to having a red head cast in the role

Hahaha, indeed! It happens all the time in other series too, if you consider the reaction that Matt Smith's casting as The Doctor got - and he turned out to be a very solid Doctor. Same thing with Craig in my opinion.
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

The first part of my video review of Dynamite's James Bond is now up, if you're into reviews Alternatively, feel free to point out where you think I am talking ****

Incredible Member

I didn't know you did reviews. That's awesome man! My favorite series of the Dynamite Bond comics are probably still VARGR and Eidolon (I know they are two separate minis, but since they have the same team and came out one right after the other, in my head I consider them part of one brief run). I do agree with you, though, that a big reason I love both so much is due to Masters' art in them. He perfectly captures the feel of the brutal book Bond for me. Of the spin-off/one-shots, Felix is my favorite. Fantastic mini-series. I also hadn't seen the alternate covers for VARGR before, so that was cool to see. I agree with you that some of the art in these mini-series really doesn't match the tone the writers are going for (for me, the art in Hammmerhead was the worst offender as I felt it didn't really capture the tone Diggle was going for at all). Your "meh" when talking about Black Box really summed up my views of that series. Also, I really like that Batman picture behind you in the video.

Ye, I literally started at Christmas. I'm not bothered about popularity or anything, I just want to talk to people about comics, novels and Diablo at every opportunity - videos are a fun way to do that

I totally agree. In my haul video yesterday, Black Box and Felix were two of my entries and it was perfect because they are the worst and best of the lot, respectively. The format changed after they left the series too, and I think that they need to go back to what they started with. I think that if you didn't know who the creative team were, you could read them and pick out the moment o change pretty easily. They are pretty nice covers! I only showed a few, but if you want to see them then I'm happy to put some pictures up or something.

Also, the Batman picture is one of my favourites, I also love water colour

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The first part of my video review of Dynamite's James Bond is now up, if you're into reviews Alternatively, feel free to point out where you think I am talking ****

Cool.

Thanks, Enigma.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."