Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

There are Bond comics that were never even finished :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Of course there have been decades between Bond comics in the past so two months isn't too long to wait. I am glad that Dynamite are experimenting with the character and moving on from of some of the generic action comics which happen to feature James Bond. It's nice to see that we're getting storing featuring "Bond Prime" i.e. the Bond that Ian Fleming wrote who has a specific year of birth and will feature his run-up to his enrolling to serve in World War Two. It'll be interesting how much freedom the writer will have to alter from the Bond formula with a teen-aged and inexperienced James Bond.
    Yeah, I agree that the two month wait isn't a big deal. I'm just glad to know Dynamite's next plan for Bond. I agree it will be interesting read stories based around "Bond Prime". I have been hearing conflicting reports about whether this will be a mini-series or an ongoing series. I enjoy if this became an ongoing series that covers his enrollment into and his experiences during WWII.

Incredible Member

I read The Body #6 today. I really enjoyed the issue. I thought it was a solid finale to the mini-series and I felt connect all the previous issues together really well. The issue is mainly just a conversation between Bond and another character, but I thought it was really well done. Overall, this series has been one of my favorite Bond series that has come from Dynamite along with VARGR and Leiter. While its going to be strange not having any Bond comics to read for two months, I really looking forward to Bond: Origins in September.

I too am looking forward to Origins! I'm not sure, honestly, whether I will rush to grab the HC for The Body so that I can finish reading it. I would like to eventually of course, but I feel no immediate need to read it. I hope that Ellis/Masters come back for a series some day...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Have they announced when the HC for The Body is getting released yet? And I completely agree that I would love for the Ellis/Masters team to come back. Their two arcs have been my favorite to come out of the Dynamite Bond comics so far. I know it's extremely unlikely, but since their first issue came out when Spectre was released, my dream is that they will come back to write an arc or two when Bond 25 is released.

30/10/18, according to Amazon

That would be nice! I don't think that it's off the cards, but Dynamite changed the format as part of them moving on, so maybe they wouldn't want to come back

Incredible Member

An interview with Parker about Origin. While we are not really given much new information about it, the way Parker talks about sticking closely to the details provided by Fleming about Bond's youth and how his experiences in WWII helped shape the man he becomes has me really excited for this.

https://www.newsarama.com/40720-jame...-dynamite.html

I too am very excited for this!

My only problem with the Origin story line is the continuity issue. The current Dynamite Bond is set in current times with the literary version of Bond, yet in origins Bond is a teenager in WWII which would make him in his 90's now.

I haven't seen any specific notice to it, but I had assumed that it was intended to be out of continuity, but canon... A sort of 'serve all' background to Bond. Which for me, is absolutely fine

James Bond 007 (ongoing) launches this November written by Greg Pak with art by Marc Laming

Incredible Member

This is awesome news! I'm glad to see that Bond is going to be having an ongoing instead of just a bunch of different mini-series. I've only read a little of Greg Pak's work, but what I have read I have generally enjoyed. I'm glad to see that Dynamite is finally releasing information about their upcoming plans for Bond. This fall is going to be filled with stuff I'm looking forward to.

Indeed, very good to hear I'm not sure that I've read/seen anything by them, but I will certainly be picking it up when the HCs come out

Incredible Member

I saw that Pak's first arc will involve Bond going up against Oddjob! Oddjob is my favorite Bond villian, so I'm excited as hell for this. That said, I believe this series is suppose to take place in the same canon as the Fleming novels like the other Dynamite Bond series have. This creates some issues in that I believe Oddjob was killed in Goldfinger. I am curious if Pak will explain how Oddjob survived or if he will present it as this being the first time the characters have met in this continuity.

Interesting... I too believe Oddjob is dead, but really isn't difficult to explain him surviving. Or maybe it's something else