Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Eh, not sure how I feel about it either. I actually didn't mind what they did that much, but I'd prefer not to go back to him. I think he will just be a side-scene of some kind - Bond will visit him in detention or something...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Yeah, I was thinking of something similar. If Bond goes to interrogate him because he thinks he is behind it or a rogue branch of Spectre us some how involved, I would be completely on board with that. But if Blofeld is the one behind this again, especially since he took credit for all the stuff that happened in the previous Craig Bond films, I'll be a bit annoyed.

Next stage of Dynamite's Bond series: Dynamite Entertainment's James Bond title is being relaunched this December with a new creative team: writers Vita Ayala and Danny Lore, artist Eric Gapstur, and cover artist Jim Cheung. No other details have been given. Maybe this week at Comicon.

Incredible Member

I need to catch up on the 007 series. I havent read anything by Ayala or Lore before, so they are blank slate for me (seems to be a common theme with a lot of the writers they have got for the Bond comics). Ive enjoyed what I've read of Pak's 007 so far, but I'm excited for something new. The only thing I know Gapstur from is this Flash series from a few years ago and I didnt really care for his art in that. I love Cheung's art though, so I'm a bit disappointed that he isnt doing the interiors as well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Next stage of Dynamite's Bond series: Dynamite Entertainment's James Bond title is being relaunched this December with a new creative team: writers Vita Ayala and Danny Lore, artist Eric Gapstur, and cover artist Jim Cheung. No other details have been given. Maybe this week at Comicon.
    Wish it was happening sooner.
    I just finished reading all the Pak issues thus far and was seriously underwhelmed. The plot is floppy and rambling with few scenes that stick in the memory and no sense of resolution at any point. Moneypenny is a field agent, Oddjob and Goldfinger are name-checked but are so re-purposed that the names are almost irrelevant. Bond gets a mind control device implanted in his head in an agonizing scene, endures getting zapped with pleasure or pain while under villainous control, then simply jerks the thing out of his skull with no ill effects. I love the character and for a while there the comic actually managed to do him justice, but this stuff is pretty feeble.

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Craig must be trying to work with as many members of the royal family as he can before his time as Bond is up...I think if Prince Charles role in the movie is basically a cameo like Stan Lee's cameos in the Marvel movies, it wont be a big deal. If it's more than that....well I just hope it's not more than that. Maybe the new 007 has to rescue Prince Charles at the start of the movie before the main mission starts and Bond is brought back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    Craig must be trying to work with as many members of the royal family as he can before his time as Bond is up...I think if Prince Charles role in the movie is basically a cameo like Stan Lee's cameos in the Marvel movies, it wont be a big deal. If it's more than that....well I just hope it's not more than that. Maybe the new 007 has to rescue Prince Charles at the start of the movie before the main mission starts and Bond is brought back in.
    So long as he isn't driving a 4x4, it should be fine.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Eh, not sure how I feel about it either. I actually didn't mind what they did that much, but I'd prefer not to go back to him. I think he will just be a side-scene of some kind - Bond will visit him in detention or something...
    Personally, I'd prefer if they either retcon Blofeld's claim that his father loving Bond more as motivation for turning evil was nothing but another attempt to break Bond or that he was just a fake in order to protect the true Blofeld.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Personally, I'd prefer if they either retcon Blofeld's claim that his father loving Bond more as motivation for turning evil was nothing but another attempt to break Bond or that he was just a fake in order to protect the true Blofeld.
    I would be completely on board with Blofeld trying to use it as another tool to break Bond. Would go along with the idea brought up in previous Craig Bond films that everyone Bond gets close to his killed or ruined in some form. I dont want them to reveal that this was a fake Blofeld the whole time though. Considering Blofeld took credit for all the stuff that happened in the previous Craig films, having this been a fake Blofeld the whole time would feel like too much of a "man behind the scenes" situation occurring. Plus it would just feel like another Mandarian from the MCU situation to me.

We have a title: 'No Time to Die'. I'm not going to lie, it doesn't sound right to me, but perhaps seeing the film will change that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49410251

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    We have a title: 'No Time to Die'. I'm not going to lie, it doesn't sound right to me, but perhaps seeing the film will change that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49410251
    Sounds fine to me, especially when compared to the previous working titles Bond 25 had.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Incredible Member

Yeah, I agree. I like the title a lot. I feel like its a title that Fleming would have used. I am curious if them releasing the title of the film means we will be getting a trailer in the next few days to a week. I remember them revealing Bond 24 was called Spectre was the same day the first trailer was released.
    Last edited by Jack Parker; 08-20-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Finally got around to reading the first volume of JB Origin, and I really, really liked it. It's a close runner to Felix Leiter for my favourite arc so far. I'm also really looking forward to the second HC, which I think is November. I liked the nod to Lazenby, which I'm assuming was intended, I think that it has to be :P

Also, teaser trailer is out I'm pretty sure that we've basically seen everything in it already though...

Last edited by Enigma; 08-22-2019 at 02:17 PM.