Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Waltz is a definite no. He only agreed to come back if Craig came back too. It's still unclear how Blofeld fits into No Time To Die's story (from the trailers he knows Madeline's secret, obviously; her father was of course one of his subordinates, and it's possible the current villain is another SPECTRE agent).
    I personally would rather if they retcon Waltz Blofeld, either have that "I turned evil because daddy liked you more" be just a lie in an attempt to mentally torture Bond so more or have him be a fake as to protect the real Blofeld from capture.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

So, is Dynamite still producing any Bond comics? Is Greg Pak’s second trade ever coming out?

As far as I'm aware, they still are.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Yeah, last I heard Vita Ayala and Danny Lore were on the current Bond book. Im not sure when the next volume of Pak's run is getting released.

There's a new poster for No Time To Die as well as a final trailer announced for Thursday.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Although not unexpected, now the film has been delayed to April 2021, a full year from it's release date.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It was early in preproduction/scripting that the idea was considered (also Minister Grey is in the film, another crossover from the Moore films) but Cubby dismissed it early on.

Apart from the M thing, which was really because Campbell wanted Judi to stay and no other reason really, the Craig films are clearly a seperate continuity, as he meets Moneypenny for the first time in Skyfall and is not familiar with Spectre and Blofeld (Well, apart from knowing them as Quantum and Hans Oberhauser). Q's a bit of a ? because it's implied in SKYFALL that Bond might've have a previous Quartermaster that was killed in Silva's attack.

It's certainly possible that Craig's Bond did have some of the missions but modernized, probably between QOS and Skyfall as he seems to be a more seasoned agent in the latter (and it's even commented that he's getting a bit old!). The Goldeneye reloaded and 007 Legends game ran with that explanation (although Legend's OHMSS doesn't work for obvious reasons). Also kind of explains how he has the Goldfinger car in Skyfall.
    I just realized (yes I am slow), but it looks like Goldeneye undid the Dalton years completely. Brosnan's Goldeneye starts 9 years earlier than the rest of the film, meaning that the events in the opening sequence date back to 1985 the year "a View to a Kill was released". The producers originally approved Brosnan but he had contractual obligations. The Living Daylights ocurred 2 years after the events of the opening sequence of Goldeneye; Possible do you think?
    Last edited by Pete26; 10-08-2020 at 07:56 PM.

I don't think there's really anything in the Brosnan era that really contradicts what happened in the Dalton era. Felix, for instance, doesn't show up (presumably he's retired or doing desk work after LTK's injuries) and Jack Wade is used instead, for example. If anything, it can be sort of said, in a "fanon" sense, that the reason Dalton's Bond is fairly insubordinate and more angry is because of the loss of 006.

There's another fan theory that the evaluation in Goldeneye is because Bond has recently returned to the service after quitting in "License to Kill".

It doesn't work if one goes with the fan theories about Bond having plastic surgery or being a "Doctor Who" style regenerating Time Lord, but neither does "Diamonds are Forever". Unless Bond can change back to Connery and Brosnan at will or something weird like that.

Despite the delay, Hans Zimmer released the Gunbarrell music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKX0X9lU9M Basically similar to SPECTRE, although a bit slowed down I think and some more percussion, plus seems to go right into the next scene unlike SPECTRE's. Some think this might mean this will have the Gunbarrell "open up" to reveal the first scene of the movie, like many of the older Bond movies.

Craig's gunbarrells, while unconventional, have been OK, although the Quantum one was way too fast and the SPECTRE one had him clearly show the gun, which kind of missed the point.

Sean Connery passed away
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg and now Sean Connery. A sad year for Bond fans.

Margeret Nolan, The actress you played Dink and the opening credits girl in GOLDFINGER also passed away recently.

Shirley Eaton (Jill) I think is the last Bond girl from that film, and I think the last of much of the film's cast too. Tania Mallet (Tilly) and Nadja Regin (Bonita) passed away in 2019.

Tanya Roberts from A View To A Kill died either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. The cause of death has not been released but it was not Covid. I will always remember her from the Beastmaster first then A View To A Kill and That 70s Show. She was only 65.

There seem to be contradictory reports coming in that said she has not died, but mainly might just be ill.

NO TIME TO DIE is now delayed until October. April was a bit too soon; as the current forecast for things being roughly back to normal is May at the earliest.