Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    A lot of this is technically "classic elements" rather than specifically "pre-Flashpoint" but whatever turns you on.
    Uh no. Its Pre-Flashpoint. Wally's memories from DCU: Rebirth explicitly show the Pre-Flashpoint Flash family and Pre-Flashpoint Titans and his Pre-Flashpoint wife. Plus, you know, the Superman who is 100% Pre-Flashpoint Superman returning and, of course the revelation that this is his world just altered.

Also, its not just vague elements. Its actual events from past story arcs from before Flashpoint. For example, Damian recounting what happened to Grant Wilson (which tracks with New Teen Titans #2 and disregards the New 52 version of Grant Wilson who was still alive). Also, the current Doom Patrol makes explicit references to Morrison's run, ignoring the New 52 versions of the Doom Patrol characters.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-06-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Wally doesn't remember his children.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Wally doesn't remember his children.
    Yeah he does. It shows a flashback of Irie running with him and the rest of the Flash family in the DCU: Rebirth one-shot. And I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's forgotten his kids since leaving the Speed Force.

If he remembered, Wally wouldn't be on good terms with Barry...at all. He wouldn't have been this cool either. Also Wally EXPLICITLY STATED after being rescued by Barry that his memories are fading away, and later reaffirmed AGAIN when he realized Barry didn't remember his marriage to Iris.

Thing is DC will probably use this as an excuse to phase out children.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is good that those kids are forgotten. That was a total "jumping the shark" moment as far as the Flash books goes. The book was never that good after they pulled the old "magically ageing" them garbage.

Extraordinary Member

If he remembered, Wally wouldn't be on good terms with Barry...at all. He wouldn't have been this cool either. Also Wally EXPLICITLY STATED after being rescued by Barry that his memories are fading away, and later reaffirmed AGAIN when he realized Barry didn't remember his marriage to Iris.

Thing is DC will probably use this as an excuse to phase out children.
    Uh, I don't think that first part is dispositive of anything. In the Rebirth one-shot, Wally even says that the differences in the timeline weren't Barry's fault, that they were the fault of an outside influence (i.e. Dr. Manhattan). So, of course, he doesn't blame Barry, he blames the thing that stole those years from the timeline. Plus, in Titans, he has shown that he has firm recollection of his marriage to Linda. His kids would obviously be a huge part of that. And Wally's reaction to Barry not remembering his marriage to Iris pretty much cemented that its not just his life that he remembers. He also remembers the lives of others from before Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

It's unknown how much of the Pre-Flashpoint timeline Wally still remembers, but it started fading away once he returned from the Speed Force. He also has memories of his "New 52" life with the "Titans Hunt" cast. Full recollection of the pre-Flashpoint timeline was something he only had in the Speed Force.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's unknown how much of the Pre-Flashpoint timeline Wally still remembers, but it started fading away once he returned from the Speed Force. He also has memories of his "New 52" life with the "Titans Hunt" cast. Full recollection of the pre-Flashpoint timeline was something he only had in the Speed Force.

Yeah, but in that exact panel, he said "I had a different life before Flashpoint changed it all. I didn't disappear with the Teen Titans...I had more of a life. We all did." And the fact that its getting harder to remember doesn't mean its forever forgotten. At the end of Rebirth, they're going to restore those memories to the timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, but in that exact panel, he said "I had a different life before Flashpoint changed it all. I didn't disappear with the Teen Titans...I had more of a life. We all did." And the fact that its getting harder to remember doesn't mean its forever forgotten.
    I never said it was forever forgotten. I said it was unclear how much Wally still remembers.

At the end of Rebirth, they're going to restore those memories to the timeline.
    That is speculation.

Extraordinary Member

I never said it was forever forgotten. I said it was unclear how much Wally still remembers.
    Yeah, but until there's something that directly refutes his memories from Pre-Flashpoint, we can't assume he's forgotten anything important, like for example, his children.

That is speculation.
    That is the logical extension of where they're taking Rebirth.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but until there's something that directly refutes his memories from Pre-Flashpoint, we can't assume he's forgotten anything important, like for example, his children.
    It goes both ways. We can't assume that he remembers something or doesn't remember something until it comes up in a story.

Does he still remember his kids? We don't know. We, the readers, haven't been told yet.

That is the logical extension of where they're taking Rebirth.
    It's still speculation. None of us can claim to know what will be happening in the DC Universe 18 months from now.

Extraordinary Member

It goes both ways. We can't assume that he remembers something or doesn't remember something until it comes up in a story.

Does he still remember his kids? We don't know. We, the readers, haven't been told yet.
    But he's already been shown to remember. That's the status quo of now: Wally remembers his life. The burden is now on the writer and DC to refute that notion by explicitly saying he doesn't remember a specific element.

It's still speculation. None of us can claim to know what will be happening in the DC Universe 18 months from now.
    So, even if its just a logical and 99% certain leap? Every time a story ever characterizes something as "stolen" or "missing," and the heroes are aware of its status as such, its usually a matter of time before its no longer stolen or missing.

Astonishing Member

Jason Todd's first encounter with Batman.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...in-dc-rebirth/

Yeah, but in that exact panel, he said "I had a different life before Flashpoint changed it all. I didn't disappear with the Teen Titans...I had more of a life. We all did." And the fact that its getting harder to remember doesn't mean its forever forgotten. At the end of Rebirth, they're going to restore those memories to the timeline.
    Here is the thing: There are two different lives Wally remembers a)pre-Flashpoint b)New 52. Pre-Flashpoint is fading away but he remembers Linda due to his love for her. New 52 is also joggled with if you notice Iris/Barry in Wally's updated origin. So there are things stolen in both lives but Wally has a better grasp on the latter.

Again, Wally not mentioning kids so far, not even mourning them once proves they are gone, and I couldn't be more glad. Pre-Flashpoint isn't coming back as it was, we are going to get a stretched out timeline with new additions resembling the old, like the upcoming Judas Contract for example.

Extraordinary Member

Here is the thing: There are two different lives Wally remembers a)pre-Flashpoint b)New 52. Pre-Flashpoint is fading away but he remembers Linda due to his love for her. New 52 is also joggled with if you notice Iris/Barry in Wally's updated origin. So there are things stolen in both lives but Wally has a better grasp on the latter.
    I don't think that's been proven, especially when we see flashbacks to his pre-Flashpoint life in Titans.

Again, Wally not mentioning kids so far, not even mourning them once proves they are gone, and I couldn't be more glad. Pre-Flashpoint isn't coming back as it was, we are going to get a stretched out timeline with new additions resembling the old, like the upcoming Judas Contract for example.
    It really doesn't. His constant bringing up of the 10 years missing from the timeline and his alerting both Barry and the Titans to those 10 years essentially proves that he knows his "New 52 life" isn't his "real" life. You see, even though the Titans and Barry now remember their New 52 Wally, they also know that they had 10 years of memories stolen from them (i.e. their pre-Flashpoint lives). Why? Because Wally told them. Because Wally knows that their post-Flashpoint memories are not ALL THERE IS to their lives. That there's more: the Pre-Flashpoint memories.

And Wally's shown determination to reclaim those 10 years (as seen in Titans and in Flash #9) is likely because he knows what he's lost...his children.