Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I don't think the question is whether or not the New52 was a "twisted continuation" of the pre-Flashpoint. The only question is whether a) what it was before matters at all and b) whether there is any intention on DC's part to "untwist" it completely. To both of which I think not.
    Hi Glenn!

Thanks for the super-quick reply...Won't it be a fun ride determining just what does and does not "count" from pre-Flash Point continuity? I know I'm having a blast reading more DC than I have in YEARS, and really isn't that what it's all about? I respect your thoughts and opinions on the matter, and while I think we park our respective cars in different garages concerning this matter (again, I'm pretty much on the same page as Zeeguy on what is going on and how things will wrap up), it's a real gas having civil exchanges on the matter with you! By the way, love your Kid Flash pic underneath your handle. Very cool!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Hi Glenn!

Thanks for the super-quick reply...Won't it be a fun ride determining just what does and does not "count" from pre-Flash Point continuity? I know I'm having a blast reading more DC than I have in YEARS, and really isn't that what it's all about? I respect your thoughts and opinions on the matter, and while I think we park our respective cars in different garages concerning this matter (again, I'm pretty much on the same page as Zeeguy on what is going on and how things will wrap up), it's a real gas having civil exchanges on the matter with you! By the way, love your Kid Flash pic underneath your handle. Very cool!
    Well gosh golly Stingo, I'm really glad you're enjoying DC comics. I hope you enjoy tallying up the marks in the continuity too! Me, I prefer to see things move forward so I'm really not interested in too many "throwbacks" to the olden days. But hey, whatever rocks your socks, right?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Question: is COIE or its equivalent a part of those ten missing years?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I thought Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Parallax (who've both shown up in the current DCU) helped prevent the original Crisis in Convergence with the pre-Crisis Barry Allen & Kara Zor-El?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well gosh golly Stingo, I'm really glad you're enjoying DC comics.
    Gosh golly? Are you having stroke?

If The General hasn't been mentioned yet, he'd be another one.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Parallax (who've both shown up in the current DCU) helped prevent the original Crisis in Convergence with the pre-Crisis Barry Allen & Kara Zor-El?
    Barry has shown signs of starting to remember the Crisis, so who knows what's going on?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought they only altered it such that the multiverse wasn't destroyed.

Astonishing Member

I thought they only altered it such that the multiverse wasn't destroyed.
    I don't think anyone at DC knew exactly what happened at the end of Convergence.

Lois & Clark #1 clarified things a little, but raised more questions - like where did the pre-COIE Barry Allen and Supergirl go, and what effect did them surviving have on the timeline?

This might be more of personal preference but in All Star Batman the Royal Flush Gang was in their original style.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Question: is COIE or its equivalent a part of those ten missing years?

Interesting question.

My guess is that Rebirth Barry might eventually fully remember (and already partially remembers) the Post-COIE version of COIE...namely that the Anti-Monitor was this massive villain who tried to destroy Earth 0, the heroes banded together to stop him, and he sacrificed his life while destroying the anti-matter canon.

Its never been made fully clear if that Post-COIE version of COIE is literally what happened in the Post-COIE timeline, or is it just what people in the Post-COIE timeline partially remember of the real COIE. Ever since IC brought back knowledge of the Multiverse, DC seems to have been leaning towards the latter explanation.

going by convergence, it's pretty clear that COIE happened, but they made some slight changes. don't support them however, since it takes away from the beauty and tragedy of that story. but that's the way the cookie crumbles

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Interesting question.

My guess is that Rebirth Barry might eventually fully remember (and already partially remembers) the Post-COIE version of COIE...namely that the Anti-Monitor was this massive villain who tried to destroy Earth 0, the heroes banded together to stop him, and he sacrificed his life while destroying the anti-matter canon.

Its never been made fully clear if that Post-COIE version of COIE is literally what happened in the Post-COIE timeline, or is it just what people in the Post-COIE timeline partially remember of the real COIE. Ever since IC brought back knowledge of the Multiverse, DC seems to have been leaning towards the latter explanation.
    I actually think it's the former. Like, if someone in the post-Crisis world had built a "regular" time-machine and traveled back to the past of the world they are living in, they would have seen the post-Crisis version. I believe this is the case because we actually have stories where people travel backwards in time and end up seeing "post-Crisis" versions of events.

Now, it was always theoretically possible to build an "advanced" time machine that would enable the traveler to break out of the "local" timeline and travel to a time before the Crisis changed history. But that took extra gigawatts.

In general, it was never suggested that ONLY memories of the past were changed by the Crisis - history itself was changed.

Extraordinary Member

Well gosh golly Stingo, I'm really glad you're enjoying DC comics. I hope you enjoy tallying up the marks in the continuity too! Me, I prefer to see things move forward so I'm really not interested in too many "throwbacks" to the olden days. But hey, whatever rocks your socks, right?
    Interesting, since the New 52 is actually what established the need to go back and rehash and retell stories that had already been told before (and told better the first time) instead of just moving forward with the developed characters of the DC Universe. Thankfully, Rebirth signals DC reversing that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Interesting, since the New 52 is actually what established the need to go back and rehash and retell stories that had already been told before (and told better the first time) instead of just moving forward with the developed characters of the DC Universe. Thankfully, Rebirth signals DC reversing that decision.
    Yeah, a bunch of stories were just rehashes. I was really surprised by this. I mean, I now it's hard to keep stuff fresh with comics but . . . c'mon . . . a lot of things were just like Ultimate Marvel: same old stories but a few twists and turns here and there.

For the first time in a while, I am actually considering reading something past Flashpoint. I would like to see them take what little was good in the new 52 and roll back in many elements of the old (original) DC universe. And this time, I hope that they aren't so anal about continuity. Just roll with it and focus on telling good stories and having fun.

Ollie is talking about his chili again, this is a Pre Flashpoint thing coming back.
    I have no beef with Vegans