Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1219
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In this era, I don't know if they'd put WW back in her classic uniform. I'm considering it more than I would have a year ago after Superman and now Batman are going back to their classic duds. But the difference there is that I think they're more willing to deal with complaints of "trunks are dumb" more than they're willing to deal with people making a huge deal over Wonder Woman being too over-sexualized by being in shorts. Even if they're not drawn as a thong anymore I still think people would moan. If they did it I wouldn't care mind you. I'm fine with and even think WW is supposed to have some level of sexiness incorporated into what she wears.
    Agreed. I don't think it's necessary for Wonder Woman to go back to her swimsuit look, but I'm glad the fact that she wore it for decades of her published history to be a part of her current continuity. The redesigned costume incorporates everything great about her classic look, but updates it to something more befitting an Amazon.

In my own personal canon, she started with the skirt, and adopted the trunks soon after. The reason for the ever-dwindling size of those shorts is an untold tale involving Dr. Psycho's team-up with Crazy Quilt to subconsciously influence Wonder Wonder into thinking that she could accomplish her mission in Man's World better when we all saw more of her butt, culminating in the epic Crisis on Infinite Wonder-Thongs event

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, whatever. Different strokes, different folks. Either way, if the covers are to be believed, the iconic look is at least back in canon and I'm glad for that.
    They did the same thing with the trunks and Superman, although the poor Reborn costume still didn't get to stick .
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wonder Woman I could see keeping the movie-inspired design because unlike the movie version of Superman (who is divisive at best), people actually really like the cinematic Wonder Woman. With Superman, bringing back the trunks and classic costume was a move to try and show they're getting the character back on track, while Wonder Woman doesn't really need that.
    And with Batman it was just a case of something Tom King wanted, although I expect, between him and Superman, Batman will probably be the first to go back a non-trunks look at some point (and we already know he does per Doomsday Clock).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did the same thing with the trunks and Superman, although the poor Reborn costume still didn't get to stick .
    In all honesty, now that the trunks are back for both Supes and Bats, I don't see how anyone could have thought they could improve on those two looks. The trunkless looks just weren't as good.

In all honesty, now that the trunks are back for both Supes and Bats, I don't see how anyone could have thought they could improve on those two looks. The trunkless looks just weren't as good.
    As someone who loved the Superman Reborn costume and some of Batman's modern, trunkless, looks, I respectfully disagree .

As someone who loved the Superman Reborn costume and some of Batman's modern, trunkless, looks, I respectfully disagree .
    Batman can work without them, Superman just doesn't look good with that much blue not broken up.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Batman can work without them, Superman just doesn't look good with that much blue not broken up.
    It think the Reborn suit was a great update and I'm sure we'll see it pop again and again from time to time (most likely as Superman's post-resurrection suit in the Animated Universe), but I am glad the classic duds are back. Superman's look didn't need fixing.

Batman's return to his classic look also makes sense given his current state of mind, but like Tony Stark, he'll be changing Bat-suits pretty regularly with new tech and ideas because he's a spoiled rich kid with too much money and nobody who'll say no to him

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It think the Reborn suit was a great update and I'm sure we'll see it pop again and again from time to time (most likely as Superman's post-resurrection suit in the Animated Universe), but I am glad the classic duds are back. Superman's look didn't need fixing.

Batman's return to his classic look also makes sense given his current state of mind, but like Tony Stark, he'll be changing Bat-suits pretty regularly with new tech and ideas because he's a spoiled rich kid with too much money and nobody who'll say no to him
    Batman just works with different outfits and designs. Supes is classic personified.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Superman trunks - needs them so he doesn't look like a great big blueberry. Just too plain without them.

Batman- exact opposite. The trunks look way too precocious on him, when he is such a "function/practical" oriented character as well as dark ominous presence.
    I think it was a big mistake to add the trunks back. Too cutesy for a Dark Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Superman trunks - needs them so he doesn't look like a great big blueberry. Just too plain without them.

Batman- exact opposite. The trunks look way too precocious on him, when he is such a "function/practical" oriented character as well as dark ominous presence.
    I think it was a big mistake to add the trunks back. Too cutesy for a Dark Knight.
    Agreed on Superman. But regarding Batman, I don't know what about this:

says cutesy. I mean, Batman was able to work and project an aura of dark and intimidating ominousness for decades with the trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I don’t know if he looks plain. I feel some of his all blue costumes are more sleek and streamlined, and there’s usually still the belt to throw a little more color in there.
    Agreed on Superman. But regarding Batman, I don't know what about this:

says cutesy. I mean, Batman was able to work and project an aura of dark and intimidating ominousness for decades with the trunks.
    It’s all on the artist anyway, although I think it’s apparent enough now that, while Batman and Superman can pull off the trunks, they aren’t absolutely necessary or needed to their design.

Extraordinary Member

It’s all on the artist anyway, although I think it’s apparent enough now that, while Batman and Superman can pull off the trunks, they aren’t absolutely necessary or needed to their design.
    Not really. Again, you need something for Superman at least to break up all the blue. Something more than one little belt. That doesn't necessarily need to be the trunks. There have been alternate Superman suits that have pulled it off, but they were significantly different from the regular suit. So, if not the trunks, then we'd have to kind of overhaul the basic design of the Superman suit. I don't see them doing that.

The Reborn suit was great, only the die-hard trunks fans had a problem with it. I hope it comes back.

Not really. Again, you need something for Superman at least to break up all the blue. Something more than one little belt. That doesn't necessarily need to be the trunks. There have been alternate Superman suits that have pulled it off, but they were significantly different from the regular suit. So, if not the trunks, then we'd have to kind of overhaul the basic design of the Superman suit. I don't see them doing that.
    Personally I don't see the need to break up the colors. I think an all-blue Superman costume without the trunks but with a colored belt works fine and without such a dramatic overhaul of the traditional Superman design.

The trunks are iconic, no question about that, but Superman can still recognizably look like Superman without them.

Personally I don't see the need to break up the colors. I think an all-blue Superman costume without the trunks but with a colored belt works fine and without such a dramatic overhaul of the traditional Superman design.

The trunks are iconic, no question about that, but Superman can still recognizably look like Superman without them.
    Agreed, the Reborn suit and the Justice League Action design both worked perfectly fine by substituting a chunkier belt for the red trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed, the Reborn suit and the Justice League Action design both worked perfectly fine by substituting a chunkier belt for the red trunks.

I think that Rebirth suit is alright but man that JL Action suit hurts my eyes. Certain art styles can make the Rebirth suit look good but I don't think it works in Action.