Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1219

Both characters work with them. Both characters work without them. There is no costume that the fundamental concept working or not revolves around whether or not trunks are part of the design. This has been objectively proven by now in tangible practice. The only question is what does the individual prefer, and what do the creators working on said characters at the time prefer.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-31-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Both characters work with them. Both characters work without them. There is no costume that the fundamental concept working or not revolves around whether or not trunks are part of the design. This has been objectively proven by now in tangible practice. The only question is what does the individual prefer, and what do the creators working on said characters at the time prefer.
    Pretty much. I can understand preferring one or the other, but the notion that the costume simply doesn't work without the trunks is demonstrably not true.

So this has basically become the all encompassing DCU fashion thread then huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    So this has basically become the all encompassing DCU fashion thread then huh?
    It gets people talking.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Anybody want to support Dick Grayson and Jason Todd having spent their Robin careers in the green undies, pixie boots, and bright yellow cape?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Anybody want to support Dick Grayson and Jason Todd having spent their Robin careers in the green undies, pixie boots, and bright yellow cape?

I'm all for it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm all for it.
    So am I. I have no fetish for green undies, but I have never been a fan of historical revisionism. If people don't want any Robins sporting green undies from this point forward...that's one thing, but retroactively pretending fifty years of history didn't happen...no.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

So am I. I have no fetish for green undies, but I have never been a fan of historical revisionism. If people don't want any Robins sporting green undies from this point forward...that's one thing, but retroactively pretending fifty years of history didn't happen...no.

I personally never really saw them as something Jason would wear. Dick rocked the hell out it, he came from the circus and is a performer at heart. The costume is all his and he should never have any shame in it. Why would he? He's THEE sidekick and it's iconic as hell. I love this costume so much.

If he had to have a costume with pants I would honestly go with the old Earth-2 Robin costume with the yellow legs. I always loved the unconnected utility belt, it just looked cool. There was another redesign of that costume used for Batman: Noel that I really like, it kept the pixie boots but had the yellow pants and alomst a chainmail look to the arms.

Speaking of DC fashion: is there a database out there of all the different Legion costumes? I don't think there's another group of significant characters with more changes to their looks than the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Pretty much. I can understand preferring one or the other, but the notion that the costume simply doesn't work without the trunks is demonstrably not true.
    An all blue suit that I think is extremely underrated & hardly ever see mentioned is the Smallville Season 11 suit. The design with the 2-tone blue was pretty slick, and made up for any "giant blue condom" or "giant blueberry" critiques, in my opinion.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think that Rebirth suit is alright but man that JL Action suit hurts my eyes. Certain art styles can make the Rebirth suit look good but I don't think it works in Action.
    Ah, I loved the JLA look. But different strokes I guess .

I mean, DC seems doggedly determined to keep the New 52 Robin suit despite the negative opinions regarding it, so compared to that I would take the classic Robin suit back .

Absolutely and for the reasons you just stated. It's history. It happened. If you pretend they never wore those costumes... now you're to the point where NONE of their stories are in continuity and early Robins have NO legitimate history.

Change them going forward... not backward. Actually, I think Damian should put on the pixie boots. may teach him some humility :P

On a separate note, one of the most lasting changes and important milestones that Tim Drake had was that he was the first to wear the 'new' costume and escape all the history attached to the original... Seeing Dick or Jason with the black/Yellow cape REALLY steals that milestone from Tim. That bugged me all the way back in the Batman animated series.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am of the same mind.

I think the problem stems from the corners of Bat-fandom that have convinced themselves that the concept of Batman is actually realistic and not completely nuts and more implausible than an alien from space flying around with an "S" on his chest

The idea of their hero also running around with an underage boy in a totally impractical and unsafe costume lays bare how silly this notion is, so a lot of Bat-fans want to erase it entirely. Some don't even like the concept of Robin himself, even though he was added to the comic by Batman's own creator less than a year after Batman first appeared and been a staple ever since.

Most people probably assume Dick was running around in Tim's Robin costume anyways, since that look is predominantly what's used in media adaptions .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most people probably assume Dick was running around in Tim's Robin costume anyways, since that look is predominantly what's used in media adaptions .
    That or some variation of the black and red costume. I sometimes see people get that wrong online even though Dick only wore that in YJ.