Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1219

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I personally never really saw them as something Jason would wear. Dick rocked the hell out it, he came from the circus and is a performer at heart. The costume is all his and he should never have any shame in it. Why would he? He's THEE sidekick and it's iconic as hell. I love this costume so much.

The sad thing is if you change those shorts to how shorts look nowadays that outfit wouldn't look so good. Robin is over here proudly showing off his legs.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In this era, I don't know if they'd put WW back in her classic uniform. I'm considering it more than I would have a year ago after Superman and now Batman are going back to their classic duds. But the difference there is that I think they're more willing to deal with complaints of "trunks are dumb" more than they're willing to deal with people making a huge deal over Wonder Woman being too over-sexualized by being in shorts. Even if they're not drawn as a thong anymore I still think people would moan. If they did it I wouldn't care mind you. I'm fine with and even think WW is supposed to have some level of sexiness incorporated into what she wears.
    Wonder Woman needs a full body costume. Can't have women running around showing off their body.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I brought this up in the Aquaman thread but figured I would bring it up here too. What do you think the chances are of DC bringing back some mention of his sons AJ and Koryak? We have seen over in the Flash book people started to remember bits and pieces of the lost years. Having Arthur and Mera remember they had a son who was killed by Black Manta could bring up a ton of story ideas and would really fit in pretty well with Aquaman having killed Manta's father in the current set up to really enhance that hatred between the two. I am not sure they would bring back Koryak, but I could see them sliding AJ and his death back in.

For that matter I wonder if they might touch on Garth and Dolphin being married and having a son when all the dust is settled too.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-01-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I brought this up in the Aquaman thread but figured I would bring it up here too. What do you think the chances are of DC bringing back some mention of his sons AJ and Koryak? We have seen over in the Flash book people started to remember bits and pieces of the lost years. Having Arthur and Mera remember they had a son who was killed by Black Manta could bring up a ton of story ideas and would really fit in pretty well with Aquaman having killed Manta's father in the current set up to really enhance that hatred between the two. I am not sure they would bring back Koryak, but I could see them sliding AJ and his death back in.

For that matter I wonder if they might touch on Garth and Dolphin being married and having a son when all the dust is settled too.

I really want Phil Jimenez to do another Garth mini-series like he did in the 90s. He totally killed it with that book it would be a great way to see what's going on in his life. All we really know right now is that him and Lilith were a thing in Titans.

I'm not against the two but I do miss Dolphin and the baby. If DC swapped out Lilith for Dolphin I would totally be fine with it since I'm not sure what she is doing now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

It's very likely the loss of Aquaman & Mera's dead son will be brought up during whatever flashes of past history we see during this latest continuity reshuffle, but I suspect DC feels that the presence of murdered toddlers to the backstories of their heroes was a misstep that should not be repeated again. It might be acknowledged briefly, but I think the current setup Geoff Johns established between Aquaman & Black Manta will stand, particularly given that the upcoming movie appears to be taking its cues from that version.

As much as I think Doomsday Clock will end up restoring the former breadth and scope of the DCU's long history, certain elements are going to continue to remain erased from continuity. I don't think Billy Batson is going to have any of his former history restored either, although his prior incarnations will no doubt be remembered by the Wizard and possibly others within the DCU. However, given how important Black Adam is to key chunks of the DCU, maybe they'll find some way of working around it.

I can't believe nobody has already said this (especially the people who are currently reading it) but Doomsday Clock has not only brought back DC's post-CoIE Invasion event into continuity, it's also using Invasion as the basis for the whole backdrop of the story.

The story/Doomsday Clock is set in the aftermath of Invasion (and the human meta-gene that was revealed to the general public as a result) in a DCU that's in the middle of an international meta human arms race across the globe the same way the Watchmen Universe was set in the middle of an international nuclear arms race across the globe in the aftermath of WWII/start of the Cold War.

Maybe Doctor Manhattan has been trying to make the DCU more like the Watchmen Universe he left as some sort of weird experiment or something after Flashpoint.

That would definitely be a good reason why he would get rid of the JSoA and it's history.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-02-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I can't believe nobody has already said this (especially the people who are currently reading it) but Doomsday Clock has not only brought back DC's post-CoIE Invasion event into continuity, it's also using Invasion as the basis for the whole backdrop of the story.
    Trust me, we noticed that Invasion was back in continuity, but it was first referenced again several months before Doomsday Clock's first issue, probably because Johns had let them know how important the metagene was going to be to his story.

Nothing gets by this eagle-eyed crew of continuity obsessives

Extraordinary Member

Deathstroke just confirmed that Bruce adopting Tim is back in continutiy, which goes hand in hand with his whole experience as Robin being back also, we see his Robin costume, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Deathstroke just confirmed that Bruce adopting Tim is back in continutiy, which goes hand in hand with his whole experience as Robin being back also, we see his Robin costume, which is nice.
    I honestly wonder when DC will realize that all their reboots and retcons always come full circle and that these exercises are just wasteful. In money, time, and creativeness.

The main appeal of comic books to me is the idea that there is a long and varied history that you can jump in and consume. It's like DC just keeps kicking that idea in the face.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

And the latest issue of Batman was the final nail in the coffin of the New 52 version of Robin's origin as 16 year old Dick Grayson immediately putting on his gimp suit after being taken in by Bruce Wayne. That Dick was clearly a young kid of 9 or 10 and the cover features the classic costume. I am sure they are still going to use the gimp suit on occasion in some flashbacks, but putting that ridiculous old outfit on the cover is a pretty bold statement that DC isn't shying away from its past anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And the latest issue of Batman was the final nail in the coffin of the New 52 version of Robin's origin as 16 year old Dick Grayson immediately putting on his gimp suit after being taken in by Bruce Wayne. That Dick was clearly a young kid of 9 or 10 and the cover features the classic costume. I am sure they are still going to use the gimp suit on occasion in some flashbacks, but putting that ridiculous old outfit on the cover is a pretty bold statement that DC isn't shying away from its past anymore.
    Seeing that costume again makes me so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Tynion pretty much indicated as such to begin with back in his 'Tec run.

(Which I guess mean's Tim's parents are dead again).
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Seeing that costume again makes me so happy.
    I'd at least take it over the New 52 Robin costume.

So, I have no idea how what Scott Snyder is doing with the Will Payton Starman makes any sense given what James Robinson established in his Starman run.

I am going to chalk this up to time shenanigans and ignore it completely unless there’s a specific reason for all this.

Another instance today in Heroes in Crisis. spoilers:
    Blue Jay from Justice League International shows up, and he explicitly references Silver Sorceress' death from the "Breakdowns" storyline in the 90s.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Another instance today in Heroes in Crisis. spoilers:
    Blue Jay from Justice League International shows up, and he explicitly references Silver Sorceress' death from the "Breakdowns" storyline in the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    And Ted Kord's recent appearance in Superman #3, along with his reunion with Booster & Scott in Mr. Miracle, has re-established that Ted was part of the JLI again, despite Giffen's efforts to pooh-pooh that idea.

No idea about the status of the Nathaniel Adam Captain Atom though. He's the last missing piece of the JLI puzzle whose Post-Crisis history has not been re-asserted yet.