Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And Ted Kord's recent appearance in Superman #3, along with his reunion with Booster & Scott in Mr. Miracle, has re-established that Ted was part of the JLI again, despite Giffen's efforts to pooh-pooh that idea.

No idea about the status of the Nathaniel Adam Captain Atom though. He's the last missing piece of the JLI puzzle whose Post-Crisis history has not been re-asserted yet.
    When was the last time we saw Fire? Ice is still occasionally Guy's Earth girlfriend.

Amazing Member

In Detective Comics 988, Batman says that Ted Carson Firefly is "a good deal more unbalanced than before. Closer to how Garfield Lynns was." This in spite of Garfield Lynns having never been Firefly in the New 52, but rather a victim of Ted Carson.

Also, in Batman 54, Batman and Nightwing are seen fighting Crazy Quilt, apparently in current day, despite Crazy Quilt dying in Endgame. This could be a flashback scene though, it's unclear.

Justice League Odyssey also brought back old continuity. Starfire called Cyborg "old friend". In New 52, Cyborg was in the Justice League and Starfire was one of Red Hood's Outlaws, so they didn't meet. Both then had solos, Vic stayed with the League and Kori became a Teen Titan. They only met in No Justice. Not what I'd call old friends. Which means their original joint debut, 1980's New Teen Titans, must be back in continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Justice League Odyssey also brought back old continuity. Starfire called Cyborg "old friend". In New 52, Cyborg was in the Justice League and Starfire was one of Red Hood's Outlaws, so they didn't meet. Both then had solos, Vic stayed with the League and Kori became a Teen Titan. They only met in No Justice. Not what I'd call old friends. Which means their original joint debut, 1980's New Teen Titans, must be back in continuity.
    Jonathan Kent also had a poster of the classic Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans on his wall in Bendis's Man of Steel mini.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I really hope that's the case, but maybe we need to wait on some more concrete verification before reaching that conclusion. If Starfire said something like "when we were on the Titans together..." or "when we were teammates..." it would be a stronger example, but right now, I don't know. Hopefully, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I really hope that's the case, but maybe we need to wait on some more concrete verification before reaching that conclusion. If Starfire said something like "when we were on the Titans together..." or "when we were teammates..." it would be a stronger example, but right now, I don't know. Hopefully, though.
    You are a wiser and more patient man than myself.

I just want DC to throw caution to the wind and shout "%&$# it, we're not waiting around for Geoff anymore! Here's all of it! ALLLL OF IT! EVERYONE!"

Green Arrow #45 is out today. It seems that Snowbirds Don't Fly from Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85-86 is back in canon, albeit with the outfits changed to reflect the New 52 design overhauls.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Green Arrow #45 is out today. It seems that Snowbirds Don't Fly from Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85-86 is back in canon, albeit with the outfits changed to reflect the New 52 design overhauls.

I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing Ollie without his goatee.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

When all is said and done, what we'll have is Earth-0, as it was probably circa Final Crisis or so (I make such an estimate only on the grounds of knowing certain late pre-FP Superman stories like Last Son and New Krypton are completely out, but of course, different mythoi may be different), with certain additions to the mix, like the restored Steve Trevor and Jon Kent ,for example.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    When all is said and done, what we'll have is Earth-0, as it was probably circa Final Crisis or so (I make such an estimate only on the grounds of knowing certain late pre-FP Superman stories like Last Son and New Krypton are completely out, but of course, different mythoi may be different), with certain additions to the mix, like the restored Steve Trevor and Jon Kent ,for example.
    Can we have a do-over with the handling of Barry Allen's comeback and its washdown effect on the rest of the Flash mythos?

Might be hoping for too much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Can we have a do-over with the handling of Barry Allen's comeback and its washdown effect on the rest of the Flash mythos?

Might be hoping for too much.

There was nothing wrong with Barry Allen's comeback in the first place. The fanbase of the other Flash only had a problem with it. I thought the Flash mythos was still intact in my eyes.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Nightwing has a brief shot of his HQ and we see all of his past costumes, including his 80s "Discowing" Teen Titans suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Barry Allen's comeback in the first place. The fanbase of the other Flash only had a problem with it. I thought the Flash mythos was still intact in my eyes.
    I prefer Barry's classic origin from the 1950s to the updated one with the dead mother. Moreover, I can enjoy Barry more if I don't have to do it with a guilty conscience half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Which makes the time taken to get there completely pointless, a compete waste of time and money.

Almost all the stories that have happened since the reboot didn't need a reboot to be told.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I fail to understand the reasoning behind sticking with the already dated Neo-90s costume designs of the New 52, but as long as the prior events occured that built the characters exist again, I am happy.

I suppose Dinah's crucial role in Roy's life is still erased for equally dumb reasons?