Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    What was the Good One? Vic Sage?
    Of course Vic is a good thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Of course Vic is a good thing.
    Sorry, Wasnt sure if something else had happened that was good I wasnt aware of
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Fantastic Member

Yes' pre-flashpoint continuity is transferring itself and those characters connected are being killed off under Didio' s New editorial leadership. Rebirth was wonderous, but going a bit askew at moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Yes' pre-flashpoint continuity is transferring itself and those characters connected are being killed off under Didio' s New editorial leadership. Rebirth was wonderous, but going a bit askew at moment.
    Agreed Aside from Vic Sage who is safe with Bendis in his new home over in Action Comics, Pre Flashpoint seems to have begun to die again
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

References to old continuity are always going to be different from the original stories. That's the way it usually works. The sliding timeline means that the details of old stories can never be preserved in amber. Technology like the internet, cellphones, wifi, facial recognition, CCTV and more necessitate that stories cannot have played out exactly as they did originally, to say nothing of fashion, hairstyles and pop culture references.

The important thing is whether or not the relevant details carry on. With the victims of Heroes in Crisis, what matters was the trauma they went through, not the relative quality of the comics in which they were traumatized.

Whether or not Dick Grayson wore his original dumb costume or his even dumber New 52 gimp suit is less important to me than if Dick was an actual boy rather than a 16 year old when he started being raised by Bruce & Alfred, for instance.

Could someone please clarify Rene Montoya's tenure as The Question for me? Was she The Question in current continuity, but stopped and Vic Sage is somehow back from the dead or is this someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Could someone please clarify Rene Montoya's tenure as The Question for me? Was she The Question in current continuity, but stopped and Vic Sage is somehow back from the dead or is this someone else?
    Montoya has been actively shown as a Cop again a Few Times since Rebirth, She’s BEEN the Question or at least a hero at one time, she retired and made it perfectly clear she doesnt want anything to do with Superheroic actions ever again, She yelled at Kate Kane for even mentioning her activities as Batwoman

Vic Sage is alive thanks to Flashpoint, He showed up in New 52 but not as Question.

As for how he isnt dead.... Same as Ted Kord I suppose, Ted had a heart attack and retired yet Diana killing Max is still canon as is Max’s computer being cracked after Ted’s Head was smashed off it.

With Vic you could always have him go “Or was I? That is the Question” When asked if he was dead
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-29-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Pull List:

Montoya has been actively shown as a Cop again a Few Times since Rebirth, She’s BEEN the Question or at least a hero at one time, she retired and made it perfectly clear she doesnt want anything to do with Superheroic actions ever again, She yelled at Kate Kane for even mentioning her activities as Batwoman

Vic Sage is alive thanks to Flashpoint, He showed up in New 52 but not as Question.

As for how he isnt dead.... Same as Ted Kord I suppose, Ted had a heart attack and retired yet Diana killing Max is still canon as is Max’s computer being cracked after Ted’s Head was smashed off it.

With Vic you could always have him go “Or was I? That is the Question” When asked if he was dead
    Thanks!

I hope Max Lord and Ted Kord's confrontation in the Post-Rebirth history will get addressed.

Why would Max leave Ted alive in that situation? I'm glad Ted is not dead, but the specifics of his resurrection are iffy for me.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-29-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks!

Was that bit about Max Lord and Ted Kord a theory or has a comic showed the Post-Rebirth version of that story?

Why would Max leave Ted alive in that situation?
    Well Ted’s Alive and we saw the cracks in Max’s screen in JL vs Suicide Squad in the old Checkmate HQ that Ted died in during Countdown to Infinite Crisis. And we know they havent retconned Ted being alive again because he’s referenced in Witching Hour and Zstarred in Blue Beetle at the start of Rebirth and counting before Rebirth his situation is even messier, he was a Teenager in Forever Evil
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-29-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Pull List:

Well Ted’s Alive and we saw the cracks in Max’s screen in JL vs Suicide Squad in the old Checkmate HQ that Ted died in during Countdown to Infinite Crisis. And we know they havent retconned Ted being alive again because he’s referenced in Witching Hour and Zstarred in Blue Beetle at the start of Rebirth and counting before Rebirth his situation is even messier, he was a Teenager in Forever Evil
    Ted has shown up in Superman as well at the Hall of Justice.

My solution is to have Superboy-Prime start punching what's left of the Source Wall

Ted has shown up in Superman as well at the Hall of Justice.

My solution is to have Superboy-Prime start punching what's left of the Source Wall
    I say we just call him Schroedinger’s Ted, both alive and dead, a Teenager and an adult at the same time
    Pull List:

I say we just call him Schroedinger’s Ted, both alive and dead, a Teenager and an adult at the same time
    Ha! I like that idea, but he should have absolutely no idea about why Booster keeps calling him that.

Ha! I like that idea, but he should have absolutely no idea about why Booster keeps calling him that.
    Exactly.

With the Question its less complicated.

They can explain it as:

Vic was the Question for a While before he ‘died’ (as far as we know), then Montoya was the Question for a While, she quit on her own terms- wanting distance from the Hero Game permanently, Then Vic reemerges as The Question and shrugs off the idea he was dead with a “Was I?” Its the easiest way of tackling any lingering Questions about him
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-29-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

Whether or not Dick Grayson wore his original dumb costume or his even dumber New 52 gimp suit is less important to me than if Dick was an actual boy rather than a 16 year old when he started being raised by Bruce & Alfred, for instance.
    It's a good question. In Batman 54, Dick seems pretty young (although his age isn't established) when he start to live with Bruce and Alfred. However, Dick seems to start older as Robin in flashbacks in Grayson Annual and Nightwing 50.

In fact, I mention the suit of Robin, because Rebirth recognize the difference of suits as part of the change in timeline.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-29-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Exactly.

With the Question its less complicated.

They can explain it as:

Vic was the Question for a While before he ‘died’ (as far as we know), then Montoya was the Question for a While, she quit on her own terms- wanting distance from the Hero Game permanently, Then Vic reemerges as The Question and shrugs off the idea he was dead with a “Was I?” Its the easiest way of tackling any lingering Questions about him
    Since Vic died in DC's version of Shangrila/Shamballa/Whatever, I suppose they could make an argument that he was somehow revived thanks to whatever mystic joojoo they got going on, but I think it's best to leave it a mystery, even whether or not it is Vic under the mask.