Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,219 of 1219
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Apologies if this bump is redundant, but considering the many discussions going on about DC's continuity, I figured it would be worth revisiting this question concretely: what is back, what clearly isn't, and what is left unanswered?
    Currently it looks like this
    - Ancient Greece - Altuum and his forces cleared Themyscira before the Amazons relocate
    - Doom's Doorway was built
    - Unknown time - Diana and Grail were born as a baby - Nubia was reborn as an adult
    - About 500 years ago - Near the time of The Crusade - Birth of The Demon
    - 1938 or so - Alan Scott became Green Lantern
    - 1940s - JSA era - Ollie and Roy time traveled and joined All Star Squadron
    - Bruce and Minkhoa Khan trained and travel together
    - Batman Year One
    - Dick became Robin
    - 14 years ago Damian was born, then as back up Ra's created Respawn
    - (Talia and Ra's are involved in Damian's upbringing, he did not just met her when he turned 8)
    - Dick, Kara, and Billy Batson get involved in Batman and Superman's adventures
    - Dick was fired from Robin
    - The destruction of Xanshi
    - Slade manipulated Terra to get revenge on Teen Titans
    - Barry died (Kara's status unknown)
    - Nightwing visited Robin Jason
    - The Killing Joke
    - A Death in The Family - A Lonely Place of Dying
    - Hippolyta killed Echidna during Challenge of The Gods
    - Knightfall - Emerald Eclipse - New Dawn
    - Tim, Cassie, Bart and Kon formed Young Justice - Dick moved to Bludhaven
    - No Man's Land - Sarah Essen was killed (Helena's status unclear)
    - Dick bought his Bludhaven apartment building
    - Dick quits the BPD because there's too much corruption - Blockbuster never discovered his identity
    - Jason returned as Red Hood
    - Conner died in Infinite Crisis but Slade didn't Chemo Bludhaven (possibly because he's the one who asked Dick to teach Rose so she won't turn out like him)
    - Grant Morrison Batman saga - Geoff Johns Green Lantern saga - Batwoman debut
    - Final Crisis - The Return of Bruce Wayne - Flash Rebirth - Batman Incorporated
    - Roy thought Lian died - Lian was rescued by Cheshire
    - Flashpoint

What's unclear
    1. When Death of Superman happened
    Jon was born 12 years ago, after Lois and Clark married, after Death of Superman, but Dick remembered Tim was already Robin at the time, which would make Tim 26 years old now, and it also doesn't match Dick and Billy's approximate age difference between World's Finest and today.
    2. Kara's age
    3. Diana, clay or daughter of Zeus. Both have been referenced.
    4. Justice League origin. According to Clayface, people can't agree on how they're formed. The Hall of Justice feature every version.
    5. Steph being Robin and Batgirl, also Cass, though I haven't kept up with Batgirl, so afaik Steph Robin was only mentioned in Robins, which is in "whatever you like" continuity
    6. Young Justice generation's age
    7. Anything else that hasn't been mentioned/referenced in post Infinite Frontier stories

Current character's age
    Damian's 14
    Jon's 17 going on 18
    Jaime's graduating high school
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-03-2022 at 01:12 AM.

Yeah; the Superman timeline established in Superman Reborn doesn't work. Keep the time travel aspect of his backstory: even if you want to eliminate Convergence from Superman's timeline, you should keep the part where Lois and Clark get sent back in time at some point; Lois gets pregnant and Jon is born; and then the Kents settle down under an assumed name for a decade to raise Jon until they catch up to the point in the present where they were sent back in time. That way, you're not trying to insert a decade into the timeline between Doomsday and the present.

That said, you might as well go all in and keep Convergence in continuity.

Frankly, with Doomsday Clock having introduced Earth-52 as the home of the New 52 continuity, my approach here would be to flip the script: instead of talking about what elements of pre-Flashpoint continuity have reasserted themselves on Earth-0, assume that pre-Flashpoint continuity has been fully restored on Earth-0, unless stated otherwise; and ask what elements of post-Flashpoint continuity are still around, and which ones are now unique to Earth-52. Cyborg is still part of the Justice League rather than the Titans, last I checked; but the N52 Justice League storyline doesn't fit without some tweaking. In particular, the idea that the first story arc in the N52 JL took place “five years ago, when the modern Heroic Age was just beginning” doesn't work. Recast it as happening right after Brightest Day and as a reunion of (most of) the original Justice League instead of the origin of the team, and ditch the five-year gap between that event and what happened next (N52 never did anything with that gap anyway), and you can patch most of the N52 JL into the pre-Flashpoint timeline.

The fact that Earth 3 has been rebooted again causes some difficulty: did Forever Evil still happen? If not, where did Jessica Cruz come from?

That's the sort of thing I'd address here.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The fact that Earth 3 has been rebooted again causes some difficulty: did Forever Evil still happen? If not, where did Jessica Cruz come from?
    I don't follow Earth 3, I only know that the people in costumes are different now and I don't know how they're specifically rebooted... but... I think it's still canon as the basis for Grail, Darkseid War, Jessica Cruz, Grayson, and Lex Luthor being in the League and knowing Bruce and Dick's identity, plus the Forever Evil Crime Syndicate being the ones who tortured Jon Kent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Yeah; the Superman timeline established in Superman Reborn doesn't work. Keep the time travel aspect of his backstory: even if you want to eliminate Convergence from Superman's timeline, you should keep the part where Lois and Clark get sent back in time at some point; Lois gets pregnant and Jon is born; and then the Kents settle down under an assumed name for a decade to raise Jon until they catch up to the point in the present where they were sent back in time. That way, you're not trying to insert a decade into the timeline between Doomsday and the present.

That said, you might as well go all in and keep Convergence in continuity.

Frankly, with Doomsday Clock having introduced Earth-52 as the home of the New 52 continuity, my approach here would be to flip the script: instead of talking about what elements of pre-Flashpoint continuity have reasserted themselves on Earth-0, assume that pre-Flashpoint continuity has been fully restored on Earth-0, unless stated otherwise; and ask what elements of post-Flashpoint continuity are still around, and which ones are now unique to Earth-52. Cyborg is still part of the Justice League rather than the Titans, last I checked; but the N52 Justice League storyline doesn't fit without some tweaking. In particular, the idea that the first story arc in the N52 JL took place “five years ago, when the modern Heroic Age was just beginning” doesn't work. Recast it as happening right after Brightest Day and as a reunion of (most of) the original Justice League instead of the origin of the team, and ditch the five-year gap between that event and what happened next (N52 never did anything with that gap anyway), and you can patch most of the N52 JL into the pre-Flashpoint timeline.

That's the sort of thing I'd address here.
    Honestly, I think Jon's age isn't a problem if we simply accept the fact that Superman (and Batman) first showed up 20 years ago. The Death of Superman happened 12 years ago. And yes, Tim is in his 20's right now, Dick is in his early 30's, and Bruce and Clark are in their mid-40's.