View Poll Results: Who do you want to star in ResurrXion Gen?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The young "graduates" (New Mutants, GenX, New X-men)

46 93.88%
  • The high schoolers (The Lights, JGS students, brand new characters)

3 6.12%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The NXM have been confirmed to be still firmly high school student aged. I guess all the more impressive achievements like Anole managing Worthington Industries affairs can be chalked up to prodigal talents (if these developments are even addressed at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    The actual Generation X characters.

The New Mutants got like a second 50 issue series a bunch of years later and the current kid students got to make cameos and some are appearing in Extraordinary.

Meanwhile most of Generation X had been kept dead or in limbo. Or the Husk storyline which is worse.
    that's a Good point, I don't want he New X-men/Academy X fans to crap Gen-X fans had to put up with. Damn...Gen-X fans really got the shaft this past decade and a hlaf.

Keeping the three unfortunate souls who voted for Lights/JGS/New characters in my prayers tonight.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Keeping the three unfortunate souls who voted for Lights/JGS/New characters in my prayers tonight.
    does anyone actually like the lights characters? some, and I really mean some of the JGS characters could be developed more. but can we please have more anole, rockslide, hellion and stepford cuckoos?

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    does anyone actually like the lights characters? some, and I really mean some of the JGS characters could be developed more. but can we please have more anole, rockslide, hellion and stepford cuckoos?
    I liked Transonic all right, but if I'm going to read about a part-time speedster, give me Surge any day. Zero was intriguing but the ending to his arc was a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    If the book has snark note narration boxes by Celeste Cuckoo and Trance, it would be the most precious thing ever.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I do think a new team makes sense, though. If we're talking about a school, it makes sense to see them learning their powers and all that, while any other combination forecloses that option.

The original Gen-X, I guess. I probably won't buy it, but that's who it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I do think a new team makes sense, though. If we're talking about a school, it makes sense to see them learning their powers and all that, while any other combination forecloses that option.
    We've barely seen some of the younger NXM like Pixie, Indra and Trance exploring the totality of their powers. I think it would be thematically fitting for ResurrXion if this book dealt with the kids discovering the next stage of their complex and evolving powers.

Of course, my worst fears are more likely to happen though: the book being about a cast of completely new characters, half of them NuHumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    that's a Good point, I don't want he New X-men/Academy X fans to crap Gen-X fans had to put up with. Damn...Gen-X fans really got the shaft this past decade and a hlaf.
    yes, & they still do...this should have the GENERATION X cast, who've never had a 2nd book devoted to them, front and center. But we all know it wont, right? (sigh)

I wouldn't mind seeing the NM & GenX teaching the New X-men as long as they also made up an action team out of the three groups. The younger characters can be wallpaper.

I'm voting for Cuckoos. But the thing is: people classify them both as new xmen (Morrison) and Revolutionary. I'm sticking with Morrison though.

BANNED

So long as any combination of the New X-Men (though ESPECIALLY Hellion, Mercury, and Surge) and Gabby are in it as featured characters it's an automatic pull for me.

If the book has snark note narration boxes by Celeste Cuckoo and Trance, it would be the most precious thing ever.
    snark! we need more snark!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So long as any combination of the New X-Men (though ESPECIALLY Hellion, Mercury, and Surge) and Gabby are in it as featured characters it's an automatic pull for me.
    who is gabby?