View Poll Results: Who do you want to star in ResurrXion Gen?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The young "graduates" (New Mutants, GenX, New X-men)

46 93.88%
  • The high schoolers (The Lights, JGS students, brand new characters)

3 6.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who Would You Rather Have Star in ResurrXion Gen?

I think I can guess the answer, but I'd like to know for sure.

Would you rather the new GenX book stared the older "teen" groups (New Mutants, Generation X, New X-men) or the newer teens/all new teens (The five lights, JGS kids, etc.)?

Jeeze , JGS pfttt.

The Graduates please, if new characters are needed bring in the Runaways, Young Avengers, Avengers Undercover crew. at least they are interesting.

New Mutants are like far from being still teens, lol. I would like to see Hope, Anole, The Cuckoos, and I guess it would be cool to give Idie and Evan a place after ANXM most probably ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Jeeze , JGS pfttt.

The Graduates please, if new characters are needed bring in the Runaways, Young Avengers, Avengers Undercover crew. at least they are interesting.
    So many young heroes getting little or no attention. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    New Mutants are like far from being still teens, lol. I would like to see Hope, Anole, The Cuckoos, and I guess it would be cool to give Idie and Evan a place after ANXM most probably ending.
    Hence teens being in quotes.

I miss Anole.

Anyone who came after the New X-men kids are irrelevant.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

If I could cherry pick from the JGS kids - just Kid Apoc, Kid Gladiator, Kid Karoka, that would be all the lights are tainted by the Avenger trash Hope Summers so they can be deleted.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love the New Mutants, but, frankly, I don't think this book makes sense unless it's the young "school" book.

Sam, Dani and the rest are waaaaaay beyond the New Mutants roles, they ought to have graduated to full on X-Men by now....get rid of the time displaced team, they serve no purpose.

I would like to see the New Mutants in mentor roles (plus Northstar) like they were in Academy X. It was refreshing to see at least some of the staff were dedicated to the wellbeing of the students, which isn't the case with the majority of the X-Men (as became abundantly clear in Decimation). But as I've said before, I'd want the students to focus on established characters. The New X-Men had a great storyline that was cut off much too early so I'd want them to make up the bulk of the class. Add in the Cuckoos, Quire, Evan and and maybe Idie (if the writers can write her better than she has been for the past few years) and that's all we need IMO. I didn't care for most of the lights or Aaron's gag students. Broo can be a supporting character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ru5152 View Post
    Sam, Dani and the rest are waaaaaay beyond the New Mutants roles, they ought to have graduated to full on X-Men by now....get rid of the time displaced team, they serve no purpose.
    They should be the teachers, some of them already have the experience.

I'd love Dani, at a minimum, to be a teacher. I do think we have to be careful in remembering that other books exist. I don't want to step on Al Ewing's toes just to have a New Mutants reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'd love Dani, at a minimum, to be a teacher. I do think we have to be careful in remembering that other books exist. I don't want to step on Al Ewing's toes just to have a New Mutants reunion.
    Oooo! Has Ewing hinted at plans for Dani in USAvengers? I knew he had dibs on Sam and Bobby (and maybe Warlock), but I hadn't heard anything else.

Either way, though, unless she's going to be a central character, there should be room for her to exist as a lead in one book and occasional guest-star in another. Especially since Ewing is one of those writers who does remember that other books exist.

BANNED

The actual Generation X characters.

The New Mutants got like a second 50 issue series a bunch of years later and the current kid students got to make cameos and some are appearing in Extraordinary.

Meanwhile most of Generation X had been kept dead or in limbo. Or the Husk storyline which is worse.

Lemire's handling of Anole has been a joke. A total botch, much like the majority of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oooo! Has Ewing hinted at plans for Dani in USAvengers? I knew he had dibs on Sam and Bobby (and maybe Warlock), but I hadn't heard anything else.
    No, sorry, I was just saying that Bobby and Sam being on Ewing's book prevents a New Mutants reunion.