BANNED

Default got this batman jacket at walmart tonight

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/d42...5e1d848d9.jpeg

the yellow bat symbol is a bit confusing for me as i don't recall it ever being yellow

...why would the Bat symbol being a different color confuse you?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It was yellow for Stephanie Brown Batgirl!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    ...why would the Bat symbol being a different color confuse you?
    because I've never really seen batman himself use a yellow bat symbol batgirl perhaps but not batman

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    because I've never really seen batman himself use a yellow bat symbol batgirl perhaps but not batman
    It's just yellow, that's all. The clothing company can make it whatever color they want.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Maybe it's a girls jacket *snicker*, no but seriously that jacket is nice it doesn't really matter what colors they are as long as people know it's a Batman jacket, and besides I've also seen Superman's \S/ logo with inverted colors that it doesn't really matter as long as you're happy.

I'm not sure why this would confuse anyone...

It's just a jacket -- it has no tie to any in-universe piece of bat-clothing.

Incredible Member

I mean, if you don't like it I'll take it

I've seen lots of clothing with yellow bat signals on - I think it's easier to sell clothing that is black with a pop of colour than the other way around.
    Last edited by HellHere; 11-07-2016 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

i just like to pin this kind of stuff to references like how A Black Spider-Shirt with a red insignia automatically makes me think miles morales

Spectacular Member

Well, the classic symbol is yellow oval with black (or blue) bat inside. Seeing as the jacket's black, they just reversed the colors. It looks better than an all yellow jacket with a black bat symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    Well, the classic symbol is yellow oval with black (or blue) bat inside. Seeing as the jacket's black, they just reversed the colors. It looks better than an all yellow jacket with a black bat symbol.
    Make that A classic symbol . . . the yellow oval wasn't on Batman's costume until the 1960s, more that twenty years after he first appeared.

I would like a jacket like that but much higher quality. Those always felt poor fitting and that it'd disintegrate in the washer and dryer for me lol
    Superhero shows are trash