Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman adopts Tim Drake?

Okay, so there's a debate going on over in the DC Board about Tim Drake's relevance and importance in the Bat-Family. Stephens2177 asked the question if the Tim Drake detractors would be happy if Tim was removed from the Bat-Family and went on to become a hero on his own or if he joined another comic family instead.

From time to time, we have debated the merits of Diana taking on a male protégé. So hypothetically, what would you think if Tim were given to the Wonder Woman comic family?

I think it'd be an interesting choice, myself. He's a good character with a loyal fanbase, so he might bring in more readers, and he could theoretically merge his scientific/technological knowledge with the magic and mysticism of Diana's world.

This is all entirely theoretical, just so we're clear. But what would you think if it actually happened?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

I'd consider it a waste of the best Robin of all time, the one that made Robin something other than 'spunky sidekick' and 'dead meat'.

I mean look at it, Diana gains nothing but a kid several times smarter than her stuck in an environment he doesn't belong in (world of myths) and likely has to be rescued several times a mission with her because everything they face will reduce him to paste just by looking at him.

And Tim on the other hand gets nothing but Trevors old job of being partially useless and partially damsel in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'd consider it a waste of the best Robin of all time, the one that made Robin something other than 'spunky sidekick' and 'dead meat'.

I mean look at it, Diana gains nothing but a kid several times smarter than her stuck in an environment he doesn't belong in (world of myths) and likely has to be rescued several times a mission with her because everything they face will reduce him to paste just by looking at him.

And Tim on the other hand gets nothing but Trevors old job of being partially useless and partially damsel in distress.
    Good point on the power level issue. Of course, Tim could overcome that by upgrading his weapons for bigger game. He could even possibly incorporate some magical artifacts that Diana could provide.

I don't think Tim would necessarily get "nothing." As I said, he could bring a fresh perspective to Diana's world that could be interesting if properly handled. I always find it interesting when science and magic intermingle in new ways, anyway.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Good point on the power level issue. Of course, Tim could overcome that by upgrading his weapons for bigger game. He could even possibly incorporate some magical artifacts that Diana could provide.

I don't think Tim would necessarily get "nothing." As I said, he could bring a fresh perspective to Diana's world that could be interesting if properly handled. I always find it interesting when science and magic intermingle in new ways, anyway.
    Both of which would rather defeat the point of it being Tim Drake, if you just wanted a normal person in Diana's world you could just use literally anyone and get the same result... add Harper Row for instance, or Duke, both of which would actually be better because neither of them have been hanging around Wonder Girl and Raven.

Spectacular Member

Time Drake and WW have almost nothing in common. This is so out of left field I'm not even sure it's thread worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Both of which would rather defeat the point of it being Tim Drake, if you just wanted a normal person in Diana's world you could just use literally anyone and get the same result... add Harper Row for instance, or Duke, both of which would actually be better because neither of them have been hanging around Wonder Girl and Raven.
    Yeah, I suppose you're right.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I can't help but foresee hijinks ensuing with Wonder Girl if this were to happen .

All-New Member

I don't know about Tim Drake, but WW is lacking a male sidekick..... Wonder Boy? Eh, there's something about it that stinks unlike the other sidekick monikers.

Plus, it's already beaten by the Boy Wonder.

I don't think her having a male sidekick is even all that important, when it comes to WW and the purpose of her character anyway. I don't see the dynamic making sense. Maybe it's something for a writer down the road.

BANNED

I could see it as a short adventure, an arc at most, where Tim and Diana work towards something, she needs something that is in his skillset, or he is threatened by an entity coming from mythology or something. They dont even really know each other, the time they met pre 52 she didnt think much of him and the time they met in the new 52 she had absolutely no idea who he was.

As far as im concerned Tim is done being a second stringer, he came into his own as a hero when he beat the league/the council of spiders/saving bruce and should be working on his own.

Does that "Crazy/Asylum" thing really lend itself to a sidekick?