Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This was cool . I like this Mother Panic. She's crude, bitter, and self destructive. I dig it. This i my kind of new character. Plus the art was great.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Hmm. I thought it was kind of interesting, but the art (maybe mostly the coloring) didn't work for me. It was hard for me to connect with what was going on. The design and poses are cool, but I don't like the lack of differentiation I felt between the characters and the environment. At least, that was my impression. (It could also be that I'm feeling oversaturated with comics right now - I'm reading way, way more than I usually do).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Violet is interesting and she goes after the upper class.People that Bruce has a blind spot for.I like the art.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

This was cool.

I think the Young Animal books' narrative disjointedness is a little annoying because right now I'm more intrigued by the books than invested in em. But hoping each comes together by the end of their respective first arcs. (I hated Cave Carson though.)

On a whole, a really interesting line, and looking forward to some good stuff from this book in particular!

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    Violet is interesting and she goes after the upper class.People that Bruce has a blind spot for.
    Well, except when he takes on the Court of Owls.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Man, this book really doesn't hold your hand, I can tell. Neither a good nor a bad thing, just a thing.

It was pretty slow-moving, and again, mysterious. Not a whole lot to piece together yet. There's an artist who makes artwork from corpses... I think. Or just uses their blood? She kills people, that's the main point. Violet is after her and one of her associates, out of revenge. Even when she's made aware that these people are hurting children, she doesn't really care, so that's interesting. Also, Violet hates Batman. Any worries I had of her just being a carbon copy of Kate Kane were totally dispelled in this issue.

Intriguing, very intriguing.
    I think you've over-simplified things.
    When you say "Even when she's made aware that these people are hurting children, she doesn't really care", are you basing that assertion just on the last page of the story, where the (former) bodyguard says something and she responds "I care about having more ammo"? Who's to say that's not just an act to get the information she really needs, but that part of her would also be concerned about children being mistreated? Even if she doesn't do anything about the children immediately, would that mean she doesn't care, or would it maybe mean she doesn't want to rush in right away until she thinks she can actually do something that will actually solve that problem?
    Also, I'm assuming the guy (Hemsley) who made the mistake of showing his "artwork" to his (now former) bodyguard is the same as "Fred", the guy who was on the hunting trip with Violet and her father in the flashback? (That scene also sort of explains why there's a deer head on the main cover of issue #1.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think you've over-simplified things.
    When you say "Even when she's made aware that these people are hurting children, she doesn't really care", are you basing that assertion just on the last page of the story, where the (former) bodyguard says something and she responds "I care about having more ammo"? Who's to say that's not just an act to get the information she really needs, but that part of her would also be concerned about children being mistreated? Even if she doesn't do anything about the children immediately, would that mean she doesn't care, or would it maybe mean she doesn't want to rush in right away until she thinks she can actually do something that will actually solve that problem?
    Also, I'm assuming the guy (Hemsley) who made the mistake of showing his "artwork" to his (now former) bodyguard is the same as "Fred", the guy who was on the hunting trip with Violet and her father in the flashback? (That scene also sort of explains why there's a deer head on the main cover of issue #1.)
    I'm basing that on various interviews I've read describing Violet. Jody Houser has been (I think) pretty clear that Violet is not a nice person. A recent description of her was that there would be a 50/50 chance of her stopping to help someone being mugged if she saw it. She's selfish.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Considering this is a Vertigo book from a line coordinated by Gerard Way, it's not hard to think she is sellfish and maybe her intentions are more obscure than our usual Gotham heroes... any of you guys thought she really looks like Moon Knight?

And about the murder-art there's a excellent (EXCELLENT) graphic novel about the theme called "Moi, Assasin" in french, from Antonio Altarriba, an spanish writer... I don't think it's translated yet to english.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Well, except when he takes on the Court of Owls.
    Or likes of the Black Glove or Rupert Thorne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Or likes of the Black Glove or Rupert Thorne.
    Or Mother. If i remember correctly thats how he contacted her.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Considering this is a Vertigo book . . .
    It may seem to be a Vertigo book, but the Young Animal line isn't Vertigo.
    It will even have connections to what happens in the DC Universe (which I don't believe Vertigo books have had for a while now).