Spectacular Member

Default Batman Dark Victory Review (Canon Read Through #13)

After Long Halloween I was eager to get back in and read this great graphic novel again. I remembered it being a bit of a let down but on my 4th read through or whatever I really appreciate how good it is.

You can read my full review at

Batman Dark Victory Review

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

I thought Dark Victory has a much better ending than Long Halloween. Much more thought out.

Side Note About the Robin Year One Review that went up today:
    Not sure how you're doing this list (trades only or not) but there is an oversized Batman Chronicles one-shot called The Guantlet that tells of Dick's first outing of Robin that happens directly before Robin: Year One. In fact, the criminal in the story is the prisoner we see at the beginning of Robin: Year One. I didn't even realize this until I had an "Ah ha!" moment from my own canon read through inspired by your own and read the two stories back to back. It really fleshes out the motivation of Minette and gave me an even greater appreciation of the story. It has never been published in a trade but was published as a square-backed prestige issue, like The Man Who Laughs initially was before recieving a trade treatment (with some padding,) which is much like a trade.

It's not necessary for a readthrough, but the story is enjoyable and it adds some background to Robin: Year One, and has the same exuberant tone and style. Even if you don't end up reviewing it, I recommend you pick it up. At $2 for 51 pages on Comixology, I'd recommend anybody to pick it up.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-08-2016 at 07:24 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member

Sick thank you, yeah I was gonna actually buy it but couldnt get it cheap over here (The UK) my list will probably be completely messed up most of the time, I actually was skipping batgirl year one cos it was too expensive but it's just gotten a reprint so I'm gonna have to go back and fill that one in.

Cheers for checking the website out
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon